- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Phew! Finally finished! Sorry it took me so long to write this one y'all. I wasn't so sure if I liked this chapter in the beginning, but it's grown on me. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. & rest of BSB own themselves, as does Marcus. Song is When I See You Smile by Clay Aiken. Thank-you!
Oh

When I see you smile
I can face the world
Oh, you know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light
Oh, I see it shining right through the rain
When I see you smile
I can face the world
Oh, you know I can do anything
When I see you smile
Baby, when I see you smile - at me

Tesia was playing quietly with her Teddy Bear in the room she’d been stuck in for her safety; there were plenty of fans waiting outside just to catch a mere glimpse of her brother and the other four Boys. She was playing quietly so as not to cause any trouble or get in the way. She wanted to be good for her brother, though he wasn’t even in the room with her at the moment. Neither were the other Boys; they’d all left the room minutes ago, stating she’d get to see them again soon enough.

“Hopes they didn’t forgets me, Teddy,” she said to her beloved stuffed friend. “I’s misses ‘em alweady.”

She looked up and over at the door as she heard it open, frowning slightly when she saw it wasn’t her brother who was coming in. she felt worse when the one who’d entered continued to ignore her and went on talking into a walkie-talkie.

The man talking into the walkie-talkie looked down when he felt something – rather, someone – grab hold of his pant leg. He smiled down at the child, whom was clutching her Teddy Bear ever so tightly.

“What’s wrong, Hunny?” He asked, patting her head with his free hand.

“When J. comes backs, Marcus?” Tesia wanted to know. “I’s misses him.”

Marcus chuckled softly, crouching down to her level. “You’ll see him in just a few minutes, Tesia. But you have to stay with me and keep quiet, okay?”

“Why?” Tesia asked curiously.

“J.’s working, and he can’t play right now,” Marcus answered. “But he does want to see you; and I know you want to see him.”

“I’s be withs J.?” Tesia questioned.

“No, Hunny,” Marcus replied. “You’re going to be with me. You might get to hug him though, I don’t know.”

Tesia sighed heavily. “O’tay.”

Marcus ruffled her hair. “You’re a good girl Tesia. If you’re good for this, maybe I’ll get you a treat later.”

Tesia’s eyes lit up at that. “Chocowate? Donnie?”

“How about Donnie? He’s a good turtle to have, right?”

Tesia nodded eagerly. “Uh-huhs. Loves Donnie.”

Marcus smiled as he stood back up. “Now, wait here just a few more minutes, okay?”

“Kay,” Tesia nodded, plopping down on her bottom right at his feet like a puppy would.

Marcus shook his head and waited until he’d been given the okay, before scooping her up and carrying her out towards where her brother was.

“Now, I need you to be a big brave girl, alright? There’s a whole lot of girls out here to see the Boys, but J. really wants to see you there. You have to stay with me at all times, unless told otherwise, okay?”

Tesia nodded once more, hugging her Teddy Bear just a little bit tighter. “I’s keeps Teddy safe, kay?”

Marcus nodded absently. “Yes, keep hold of him.”

They finally reached the conference room, where the Boys were, along with about fifty fans or so, who were all seated in chairs. It was a fan conference, so that the fans would have the chance to ask the Boys questions themselves.

“J.!” Tesia squealed delightedly, only to have people nearby look at her oddly – especially since she was with Marcus, whom everybody knew was A.J.’s security guard.

“Shh…” Marcus shushed her. “You hafta be invisible, Tesia. Pretend nobody can see you, okay?”

“Buts why?” Tesia demanded. “I’s c’n sees them.”

“Yes, I know that you can,” Marcus said. “And if they look over here, they will see you. But we have to keep them from seeing you, Hunny. Otherwise, we can’t stay here and see J. and Kevy.”

Tesia frowned. “Buts I’s wan’ to sees them, Marcus.”

Marcus sighed. This was harder to explain that he’d originally thought it’d be. Tesia was a bright little girl, but she never seemed to understand why she had to share her brother, or why she couldn’t have him every single time she wanted him.

“Soon, Hunny. I promise,” he assured the little one in his arms. “We have to wait for the signal.”

“What that?”

“When J. waves to us, I will know it’s time.”

“Kay,” Tesia said softly, resting her head upon his shoulder and hugging him just a bit tighter. All the girls in the room were making her a little nervous, as she wasn’t used to such a huge crowd of teenage girls. She was used to the Boys, their security, band, and stage crew.

Soon enough, A.J. waved to them, having had spotted them moments before actually doing so. But he wanted the timing to be right, in hopes his little sister wouldn’t get trampled by the crazed fans – hence why Marcus had her. He wanted for her to see what he did, and wanted for the fans to meet her, long as she didn’t get scared.

Marcus carried her over to the microphone the fans were using to ask questions, and set her down, handing it to her. “Ask a question, Tesia.”

Tesia looked confused. “Why do I’s gotta asks question? Why can’ts I’s jus’ goes to J.?”

Marcus sighed, crouching down to explain briefly. “Tesia, these are his fans. They have to ask questions. Nobody is allowed near the boys right at this moment.”

Tesia suddenly looked ready to cry. “Buts I’s wants my brudder, Marcus.”

Marcus glanced up and over at the Boys then, shaking his head at them, to let them know she was getting upset. He’d figured she was still too small for this sort of thing, but also knew she couldn’t go long without seeing her brother either.

“Tesia,” a deep voice spoke into a microphone.

Tesia turned to look over at Kevin, her tears starting to fall slightly.

“Kevy,” she whimpered into the microphone Marcus had stuck in front of her, so the Boys could hear her.

“What’s wrong, Hunny?” Kevin asked, not caring if the fans and press could hear him or not.

“Why all these peoples here?” Tesia wanted to know. “You not singin’.”

Kevin chuckled softly. “They’re here to talk to us, because they want to ask us questions.”

Tesia paused a moment, wanting her brother, though her eyes were on Kevin and Kevin alone. “Kevy…”

“Yes, Baby?”

“I’s wan’ J.!” Tesia wailed finally, more tears streaming down her face now. “Teddy an’ I’s wan’ him!”

“Then go to him, Hunny,” Kevin told her, as he saw A.J. move to meet her halfway.

The crowd watched in surprise as the little girl ran for A.J., whom had immediately crouched down to scoop her up as she neared him. He hugged her close, and carried her back over to where he was sitting.

“Thanks Marcus,” he said into his microphone, as he rocked Tesia some.

Marcus nodded, and moved back to where he was supposed to be to help with crowd control.

Tesia snuggled into her brother as she hiccupped. “They scarwy!”

“Shh….It’s alright, Tesia,” A.J. soothed. “J.’s here. Shh…”

Tesia whimpered and sniffled, slowly starting to calm down as her brother rubbed her back midst hugging her close.

“You want to say hello?” A.J. asked her quietly, ignoring the fact that everyone was staring at them now.

“They no hurteds me?”

“No, Baby T.,” A.J. assured her. “I won’t let them. Not ever.”

“Kay,” Tesia sniffled. She rubbed her eyes with her little hands, then leaned over towards her brother’s microphone. “Hi peoples.”

The other four Boys chuckled at her innocence, and at how quickly just being with her brother made her feel better. Meanwhile, the fans and media all eyed the little girl, in the purple overalls, ninja turtles shirt, and pigtails, snuggled in A.J.'s lap, in confusion.

“Everyone, this is my little sister, Tesia,” A.J. told them. “She came to say hello. She’s touring with me right now, and I had Marcus bring her out, so she wouldn’t get lonely back there with just her Teddy Bear to play with.”

The audience awed over the little girl nestled safely in her brother’s lap, hugging a Teddy Bear tightly. A fan moved to the microphone that was set up for them then. “Will she be okay?” She asked.

A.J. smiled. “She’ll be okay. She just need some good ole A.J. lovin’.”

The fans all laughed, as the Boys shook their heads at him.

Tesia looked up at her brother, confused as to why everyone had laughed.

Brian leaned into his microphone then, speaking like Donald Duck. “He’s such a confusing guy. Nobody ever understands his jokes.”

Again, everyone laughed, Tesia included this time, as she loved Brian’s Donald Duck impersonation.

Brian pulled a face at them all, then grinned widely at Tesia, who immediately grinned back.

Tesia immediately reached for Brian, upon seeing he was in a silly mood. She loved his silly moods!

Brian retrieved Tesia from her brother’s lap, and stuck her in his and made another funny face for her.

Tesia giggled, then pulled one of her own. She loved getting attention more than anything – it was fun!

A.J. shook his head and eyed the crowd. “Seems I’ easily replaced,” he joked. “And all because he can do Donald Duck.”

The fans all laughed once more, highly amused to see them all interact with the little girl. They could tell the small one was adored greatly by all five, as they were all smiling at her.

“Does anyone else have a question?” Kevin asked, getting back to business.

“How come we never knew you had a sister before, A.J.?”

A.J. shook his head, a playful smile on his face. “Because I decided to keep her all to myself for a while. Though, with these four guys, it’s kinda hard to do.”

“How old is she?”

“Tesia, how old are you, Hunny?”

Tesia gave her brother a weird look. “I’s dis many!” She reminded him, holding up four fingers.

A.J. chuckled. “Thank-you, T.” He turned back to the fans. “She just turned four not that long ago.”

“How exactly is she your sister? Your Mom’s not married!” A girl exclaimed. “And if she’s your sister, why does she look so much like you? I think she’s really yours!”

The crowd gasped at her comments, as A.J. frowned.

“My father re-married, and she’s my half-sister if you care to get technical about it,” A.J. said curtly. “And I think you’re digging for information that isn’t even there.”

“Lemme have her! Lemme have her!” Nick insisted unaware that everyone could hear him. “Frick! Quit hogging her!”

Brian rolled his eyes and passed Tesia over to his best friend. “Here. Now shut-up, Frack! Otherwise, Kev’s gonna burn holes into yah head with the look he’s givin’!”

“Pfft,” Nick scoffed, quickly taking Tesia into his lap. “Hey Munchkin!”

“Hiya Nicky!” Tesia chirped happily, clapping her hands some.

Nick grinned and blew raspberries on her neck.

Tesia squealed with laughter, as she tried to bat him away with her tiny hands.

Kevin shook his head. “Kids,” he commented. “What do yah do with ‘em?”

The fans all smiled once more. They liked to see the Boys happy, and little Tesia seemed to make them extremely happy.

“Hey, Tesia! What’s your favourite song?”

Tesia looked up surprised, as Nick stopped blowing raspberries for a moment. She cocked her head to the side and turned to look at her brother, who sat on the other side of Brian.

“J. what my song?” She asked, not knowing the title to it.

“Just Like A Child,” A.J. answered. “And Backseat’s Back.”

“Backseat’s Back!” Tesia cheered, bouncing in Nick’s lap and clapping her hands. “I’s dance to Backseat’s Back!”

Nick shrugged innocently as he stood Tesia upon the table before them. “Go for it, Munchkin.”

“Everybody. Rock your body. Everybody. Rock your body right,” Brian sang for the little one.

“BACKSEAT’S BACK, ALWIGHT!” Tesia shouted, doing the dance her brother had taught her, since she loved the song so much.

The Boys all laughed, as did the audience. They let her dance for a few minutes more, before Howie grabbed her up.

“Alright, Kiddo. Time to take a break.”

“Aww,” Tesia pouted briefly, before smiling up at him. “Owie! You gotteds me now!”

Howie smiled. “Yes, I got you now. It is my turn, you know.”

Tesia giggled, and stood on his legs to wrap her arms about his neck in a hug. “My Owie.”

“Yes, I’m your Howie,” he agreed readily. “Now, shh. Let the fans talk, Hunny.”

“Kay,” Tesia agreed, though she remained standing with her arms about his neck. She’d long since left her Teddy Bear with her brother.

“And she gets further and further away,” A.J. complained playfully. “I swear she just uses me, then leaves me all by my lonesome.”

Tesia leaned back slightly, never once letting go of Howie. “I’s uses you fer pillow, Silly.”

A.J. laughed, shaking his head. “Y’all see the amusement I get? I’ve no time to be bored with these goons around.”

“You’re one of the goons, A.J.,” Kevin piped up. “You just need to be reminded of that sometimes.”

A.J. just smirked. “And proud of it!”

“Where’d she get the Teddy Bear?” A little girl about six wanted to know.

“From me,” A.J. answered. “I found it when we went shopping one day, and decided to get it for her. And I’d ask y’all to never take it from her either, or I won’t be happy. It’s hers, and she loves him plenty and he goes everywhere because he’s that special.”

Everyone in the crowd nodded their understanding. They all knew they’d be mad if something special was taken away from them, and vowed not to do it to Tesia.

A short while later, Tesia grew tired of bugging Howie; so she turned and climbed into Kevin’s lap, seeing as he was next in line.

“Hiya Kevy!”

Kevin smiled down at the little girl now in his lap. “Hi, Princess.”

“Kevy, you plays withs me soon?” Tesia asked. She was always too infatuated with him to notice what it was that he always called her.

“Soon, Hunny,” Kevin promised. “We’re almost done.”

“Hey, could you guys please sing us something?” A fan finally brave enough to ask, piped up. “Anything is good. We just wanna hear y’all sing.”

“Yeah! Sings Kevy! Sings!” Tesia insisted.

Kevin looked down smiling. “You want us to sing, do you?”

“Uh-huhs!” Tesia nodded. “Sings fer the peoples!”

Kevin chuckled. “Well, guys? What do you think?”

“Ah, let’s sing ‘em a lil’ something,” A.J. smirked. “I mean, they’ve had to share the attention today.”

“I agree,” Howie replied. “They’ve been good sports about sharing our attention with Tesia.”

“They no shares withs me,” Tesia insisted. “I’s shares withs them.”

Howie shook his head, though he was smiling. “Sorry, Sweetheart.”

“Let’s sing y’all!” Brian declared.

“What do we sing?” Nick wanted to know.

Brian quickly leaned over to whisper to Nick, who giggled, then immediately began to sing.

“I don’t know, what he does to make you cry. But I’ll be there to make you smile,” Nick sang. “I don’t have a fancy car. To get to you I’d walk a thousand miles.”

“Oh, I don’t care if he buys you nice things, do his gifts come from the heart?” Brian continued. “I don’t know, but if you were my girl, I’d make it so we’d never be apart.”

“But my love is all I have to give. Without you I don’t think I can live. I wish I could give the world to you. But love is all I have to give…” They harmonized.

“Does he leave, when you need him the most? Do his friends get all your time?” A.J. crooned. “Baby, please, I’m on my knees, praying for the day that you’ll be mine…”

The Boys continued on with the song, singing from their hearts just because they could and because they loved their music.

Tesia sat in Kevin’s lap, staring up at him in awe. She loved to hear them sing more than anything! It always made her feel special, because they always made her feel safe and loved – and she was.

A.J. glanced down at Kevin, who had Tesia in his lap. He felt himself smile when he saw his little sister staring up at the older man in wonderment. Seeing her so happy, made him sing all that much better. She was his little ray of light, shining right through the rain. Nothing could damper his mood now – not even evil management, who would probably yell at him for bringing her out in the first place.