- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So, it's over! I'm actually really sad, to be honest. I think I'm going to start up a sequel .. but we'll see. Let me know your thoughts!!
Nick took a step back from me after he watched my lips close. It scared me that maybe he didn't feel the same way after all. "It's funny, because Chad was everything and anything I could have asked for from anyone. He was good to me, he was great with Avery and he was a hardworker," I tried to ramble to make the silence disappear. "But every time I thought about him my mind was distracted. There was something else, rather someone else, my heart felt like it belonged to..."

I stopped talking when I felt Nick's hand on the side of my cheek, lifting my face so my eyes met his. "You have no idea what you do to me, do you?" He whispered and bent down so his lips planted themselves on mine. I sucked in a deep breath as his fingers cupped my face and I leaned back against the counter. His lips seemed to work some kind of magic...a magic I had never been able to feel before and it was better than ever.

He pulled away softly and I managed to open my eyes. His big blue eyes had turned a very dark color -- a color I had never seen before. They seemed to be full of all sorts of feelings...lust, love, happiness, passion. "I think I have an idea." I whispered before his lips overpowered mine once more.

I heard giggling behind Nick and we both turned to look at a smiling Avery dressed in a red tomato costume, holding a worn teddy bear close to her face. Nick laughed as she ran to his leg and grasped on. "I knew you would finally kiss her." Her muffled voice managed to say into Nick's pant leg. I laughed even harder.

"Is this what you wanted?" I smiled as I pulled her away from Nick's leg and held her in my arms. She nodded quickly.

"Good, 'cause I want it too," Nick smiled and leaned in to kiss me once more. I watched a sparkle in Avery's eyes and I wondered what she was thinking as Nick pulled back again.

"What are you thinking about, munchkin?" I frowned.

"I was wondering," she began. "Can we go to Florida now?" She glanced in Nick's direction. I frowned and looked at Nick. From the redness in his cheeks I realized he had told her about Florida and she had wanted to go. Chad was right. All along I was making excuses for myself. I didn't feel the love or the confidence to leave New York. It didn't have anything to do with Avery.

I smiled at her and Nick. I was finally satisfied. I was finally confident enough to move on from this step to something bigger and better. I was okay to leave. "Baby," I glanced in Avery's direction and then Nick's. "As long as I have the two of you, we can go anywhere."