- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's short, but the next chapter will be out shortly. I promise we'll start to see more from Nick in the next few chapters. I'd really appreciate more reviews than what I'm getting .. if you read it, review it please! Thanks!
“Megan, Kate’s parents are okay with you moving Avery back to Tampa,” Casey said for the hundredth time that day. I pulled the popped popcorn out of the microwave and shook it lightly so it wouldn’t be so hot.

“I understand that, Casey. I’m just not too sure I want to move back down there by myself right now. I mean, Avery’s only been here for twenty-four hours. I just don’t think right now is the right time,” I sighed and poured some popcorn into four different bowls. “Nick, can you put some apple juice into a toddler’s cup in the cupboard above the sink?” I asked. He nodded and went to the fridge.

“Megan, you wouldn’t be alone,” Casey followed me into the living room where I handed Avery a bowl of popcorn.

“Here you go, sweetie. Nick is getting you some apple juice, ‘kay?” I said sweetly.

“Are you listening to me?” Casey was fast on my tail as I went back into the kitchen. I sighed and took the cup from Nick and unscrewed the lid. I put it under the faucet and added a bit of water to delude it. “Look at you, Megan!” She folded her arms over her chest. “You’re already turning into a mother! Keeping baby cups in a cupboard already and filling juice with water so the baby won’t get sick.”

“I used to watch Kate do it,” I whispered softly as I screwed the top back on. Nick wrapped his arms around me from behind.

“Listen, we just want to help you. Casey’s right, you know. You wouldn’t be alone. We’d be there to help you,” he whispered and kissed the top of my head. I shook out of his embrace to try and rid myself of the funny feeling in my stomach.

“No offense, Nick, but you’re hardly ever home. And Casey, you constantly have guys at your apartment. It’s not an appropriate place for a kid,” I defended my reasoning. “It’s fine. I’ll be fine here. I have some friends and some of Avery’s family.”

I headed back into the living room to hand Avery her juice. I faintly heard Nick say, “Case, just let it go for now. Don’t worry. We’ll get her to come back.”