- Text Size +
April looked over at Kevin lying next to her. “What are we going to do now?” She asked him holding in the tears threatening to fall.

Kevin looked at April and then looked away, her face was too much to handle. He didn’t have an answer for her; he really did not know where to go from here. He knew of only two people who were trusted enough by the Creator to be given her hideout location. Kevin sighed knowing neither one of them would divulge that information to him now.

“We could stake out the airport?” April asked. “Nick is probably not here yet, we could watch for him.” April said practically jumping out of bed.

Kevin followed suit and got off the bed and pulled on his clothes. They solemnly walked out of the rental and managed to find their way to a café not far away from the airport.

“We can get something to eat here then we can walk around the market area, if he gets off on a plane here, he will have to pass this way.” April said pushing the doors to the café open.

“I’ll have to find nourishment elsewhere soon.” Kevin said giving April a look that told her exactly what he meant by that statement.

They were seated at a table on the patio and they sat quietly while they ordered coffee and food, watching the streets for any sign of Nick. Whey they could not drag out their stay there any longer they rose and decided to walk around the streets and act like tourists.

After a few minutes Kevin grabbed April’s arm and moved her inside a store into a corner. “I have to go.” He said eyeing her so that she would catch his meaning, he needed blood.

April nodded and stayed in the store watching Kevin walk out in search of something to keep his energy.

Kevin glanced around outside the store trying to find an alley or anywhere he could find a rat or two to drain. He finally found a road that looked somewhat deserted; he started down keeping his eyes open for any scurrying varmints.

“What are you doing down here?” A dark figure emerged from behind a dumpster.

“Alex, I thought I felt you.” Kevin looked at his former friend hoping that they could mend things. “I hoped I would be able to talk to you.”

“Talk to me? Why so you could persuade me to rejoin with Brian. This existence has to end Kevin, I will make it end!” Alex yelled as he charged Kevin slamming him into a warehouse door forcing the door to break. They both fell to the floor, Kevin shoving Alex away as best he could.

“Alex you have it all wrong.” Kevin tried to say but was interrupted by Alex’s fist colliding with his face.

“You chose your side Kevin, I am out for revenge. You will pay for your deceit.”
“Alex you left, you didn’t even see what happened.” Kevin managed to get out.

“Brian told me.” Alex shoved Kevin across the room. “I saw May with him, he could not sacrifice her, but you had no issues getting rid of April. She trusted us, how could you do that to her?”

Kevin charged at Alex pinning him against the opposite wall. “Is that what you think? And what do you think is going on now?” Kevin strength was draining quickly, he was using everything he had to keep Alex pinned so he could get what he needed to hear and say out.

“I know you are after that child, probably want to feed it to the Creator too.” Alex snarled.

“Kevin?” a feminine voice rang out. “I saw you come this way and saw…” the voice stopped when she saw the entanglement.

“April go back.” Kevin said in her direction.

Alex looked towards the woman, “April?” he asked. “I thought…” He looked towards Kevin then towards April. “He didn’t sacrifice you?”

*****

Nick stood in the airport terminal; he managed to find a proper carrier for the child so that the airport attendants would let him through. He held his tickets tight in his hand; he needed to get far away from where he was Brian was looking for him. He needed to reach his destination quickly, time was short, and too many people were searching for the child.

He looked down at the sleeping child, he hoped he would stay quiet the entire plane ride.

“You look too much like Kevin; it’s starting to freak me out.” He muttered to the sleeping Caleb.

Nick boarded the plane and got comfortable, almost forgetting to put Caleb on the seat next to him. Angry passengers stared at him and a few muttered that he get the baby out of the aisle. He glared at them and a few stopped talking. Nick hoped nothing happened, planes were hard to get a snack on and it was too soon to open one of the baby’s veins. He laughed to himself at the thought.

He listened to the emergency instructions and leaned back waiting for take off. Soon the captain come on and announced the flight plan. Nick smiled and looked out the window over Caleb watching the plane rise in the air.

*****

Brian sat next to May on the couch as she flipped through the channels. “I feel like we should be doing something Brian.”

Brian looked towards May, “Nick will come this way.” He smiled at her and kissed her deeply. He moved towards her taking the remote and turning off the television. He continued to kiss her covering her body with his. “We just need to pass the time until he shows.”