- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I apologize about the time between chapters, but I am in the middle of actually trying to get my backstreet site off and running again. *dances*
Brian sat on the floor in the middle of the condo, his legs crossed, humming a meditative tone. May was out shopping so Brian thought it was the perfect time to make the communication he needed but was avoiding with May near.

“Antigone,” he breathed out.

‘I am here,’ her voice resounded in his head.

“Did you send Nick after the child?” he dared ask the question even though it might anger her that he ask.

‘I did not,’ she responded. ‘I have no inkling as to what the outsider is doing with the child. I did not contact him and he is not under any orders of mine.’

“I understand.”

‘How is your endeavor panning out? It better be worth it, I sacrificed my virgin for you and your plan.’ There was a hissing tone to her voice.

“I assure you my mistress that if it all works, I will provide you with something far more valuable then a mere virgin.” Brian heard the door opening and severed the connection, quickly standing so he could meet May at the door.

“May dear, how was shopping?” He asked taking her into his arms and kissing her lightly.

“There is so much to see and do here Brian; I really wish we could travel together. Why won’t you come with me to a few places?”

Brian shook his head, “I cannot risk being caught by Kevin again.”

“But how do we know he is even here?” May asked hugging Brian tightly. “For that matter, how do we even know Nick is here?”

Brian sighed and looked at May; he could not tell her how he doubted Nick would show up now, how he only really brought them here to be in a romantic setting. He needed May to give herself over to him nightly, it was all for his greater plan.

“May, please just trust me. It is all I ask of you.”

May narrowed her eyes and looked deeply into Brian’s. “Yes, of course I believe you.”

Brian grinned at May and kissed her gently. “Thank you.” He said. He took May by the hands and pulled her towards the bedroom.

“Brian, not now.” She stated firmly.

“C’mon baby.” Brian continued to pull her towards the bed.

“Brian, NO!” May screamed at him. “I am not feeling like that right now.”

Brian stood glaring at May; his eyes narrowed, hate seeping through. “What do you mean ‘no’?” He questioned. He stood staring at her until the smell reached him. “You bleed, I understand.” He walked away from her and shut the bedroom door. “DAMN!” He whispered somewhat loudly. His plan had not taken hold yet, but he would not despair, he would wait until she was done and they would start again.

*****

Alex stood staring at April, and then his moved quickly over to Kevin. “So what you are telling me is that you did indeed bed April,” he paused to cough quickly, uncomfortable talking about how the two forced April and Kevin to sleep together as part of their plan. “You did go through with our plan, but Brian thought you were on his side?”

“Yes, I had been playing both sides. As a consequence I could not protect May from Brian’s mind intrusions. If I had, he would’ve known my true colors.” Kevin walked next to April and put his arms around her protectively.

“Then April had your baby?” Alex asked in disbelief. “How is that even possible? I did not think we could create life from our lifeless bodies.”

Kevin nodded, “I did not think so either, but it happened.”

“So now the baby that Nick took, you think he’s bringing him to the Creator so that she can bring the world into darkness like she was meant to last year?”

It was April’s turn to nod and speak. “That would be what we are afraid of, we must get Caleb back.”

Alex nodded knowing it was his turn to play both sides. He only hoped that Brian would not be the wiser the second time around that he was being played. “So what do we do now?”

“We need to find out what Brian knows.” Kevin took charge. “Alex you have to find out, you are the only one who can.”

Alex nodded knowing he was now playing the part Kevin played only a year ago. “I will find out what he knows and tell you all I know.” Alex turned from Kevin to April and took her hand in his, his lips gently brushing the back of her hand. “I will do everything I can.”

Kevin and April watched as Alex left and then looked back towards each other, with more hope that they would find Caleb soon.

****

Alex stood outside the door where he met with Brian earlier. Holding his breath he knocked on the door.

“Come in.” a female voice called out to him. “Alex?” She asked in surprise when she saw it was him.

“May,” He replied.
“I hope you didn’t come here thinking to ‘rescue’ me again.” She laughed. “I finally have what I want and I won’t let it go.”

“May, I have only come for information. I cannot figure out my next course of action against Kevin if I do not know what your next step is.”

May looked at Alex confused briefly but then spoke. “We are waiting for Nick to show up.”

“How will we know when Nick is here?”

May shrugged her shoulders and moved to a chair falling into it. “I think Brian can call him, but I am not positive.”

Alex nodded; of course he would be able to call him. Brian knew how to call all vampires of their clan together. “Where’s is Brian?”

“Feeding,” May motioned towards the outside. “It seems it’s the only time he leaves this place.”

Alex cringed, he was sure May thought Brian switched to animals but he knew there was someone out there losing their life as he stood here talking with May. He sat on the couch opposite May and just watched her, he wondered what Brian’s plan with her was, was he taking her to the Creator for a feast again? No, he could smell it, there was faint smell of sex lingering in the room, and she was made impure by Brian. What good could come from that? Suddenly the thought struck him and he stood to leave.

“I should also find a rat or two to tide me over. I will need my strength to fight Kevin when we meet.” He exited the room and the hotel making sure he was a good distance away before breaking into a run. He had to tell the others, Brian was not waiting for Nick to bring the child, he was trying to create his own child for the Creator.