- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
whoohoo I figured out exactly where I want this story to go. The end is getting closer :-D
April had her cab driver park a distance away from where the cab carrying Brian and May stopped. She got out and slipped into some bushes nearby carefully moving forwards watching her step so she did not break a twig and give away her whereabouts. She inched closer and saw the couple walk into the large house. She managed to get close enough to situate herself under the window. She looked in and saw Brian standing next to May; both were talking to the red-headed woman from last year, the Creator.

“Brian what is the meaning of bringing her here?” The Creator spat out at the two of them. “I thought you weren’t going to come here until your plan took seed.”

May looked at Brian for a second but shook it off as he spoke of their request. “May wishes to spend eternity with me.” He looked at the Creator giving her a look that he hoped she caught on to without saying more, or anything to turn May off the idea.

“So you have found love at long last Brian?” The Creator smiled an evil smile, catching on to the game Brian was playing.

May shook with fear as Brian guided her towards the Creator. She clung to his arm as long as she could before he pried her hand off. “It is better I stand back.” He said giving her a smile of encouragement. May nodded and looked back towards the Creator.

“Are you prepared to say good-bye to this life?” The Creator’s green eyes sparkled with delight at the thought of turning her.

May tipped her neck towards the other woman and closed her eyes, bracing for the pain she knew was imminent. The Creator brought the girl closer and sunk her teeth deep into the girl’s neck; she was not feeding so the impure blood did not harm her. A noise outside startled everyone in the room and caused the Creator to look up. She turned behind her and uttered a few words and then continued to bite the neck in front of her.

May screamed an ear piercing scream as the pain surged through her body. Her body convulsed and the Creator removed her fangs allowing the girl to fall to the floor and continue to writhe in pain. Brian looked at the red-headed Creator and smiled an evil smile back, they both loved to watch the pain a new vampire went under before they turned completely.

It was only a minute later when the screaming stopped and May stood facing the two other vampires in the room. “I feel so different, everything looks so different.” She held out her hand and waved it in front of her eyes. She stepped towards a chair and grabbed it feeling the material. “It’s so… unusual.”

She danced like a child, kicking off her shoes. She hugged the Creator and moved towards Brian. She came face to face with him and looked him in the eyes. She let out a small squeal and backed away from him.

“I know all about it now. You only used me to force my sister’s hand, to make her choose between me and her son. You only wanted to make her suffer and you used me to do it. I can see through all your games now Brian. Did you not know this would happen when I turned?”

Brian cackled at May. “May dear, I knew it would happen. I did not want to continue pretending to love you, to sleep with you in that disgusting human ritual.” He shuddered towards her. “I only wanted to turn you to hurt your sister, too bad you did not see it until after you became a vampire.”

May’s eyes enlarged and she flew at Brian. “You bastard!” She flung her fists toward Brian but he dodged them easily. He grabbed her wrists and flung her across the room.

“Children,” a calm voice called from the opposite side of the room. “Brian you should know better then to pick a fight with a new born vampire.” The Creator walked in a floating like manor and stood at May’s side holding her hand out to her. “My child,” She said in an almost loving nature as she helped her to her feet. “I suggest you stay in my home with me and learn of the vampire nature before you go into the world.” The Creator clapped her hands and a male servant appeared at the door. “Please show my newest child to her room.”

“Yes mistress.” The man replied and started to walk out expecting May to follow but not making sure she did in fact follow.

May walked the halls, keeping her head down. She fell right into Brian’s trap, why did she not see it sooner. She knew the answer; she wanted Brian to love her the way Kevin loved April. She never could stand her twin having anything that she too could not have. She brought this on herself and now she was separated forever from her sister by this disease.

Her thoughts of her sister brought an image to her mind. Her sister was hiding in some bushes outside the mansion. She was scared. May needed to get to her. She opened her door and crept down the stairs, she could hear Brian and the Creator talking in the room she left. She moved as quietly as she could and made her way out the front door.

She walked only a few steps before she was where she wanted to stand. “April” She spoke quietly. April stood in front of May, eyes red and puffy, tear stains running down her cheeks.

“How could you May?” She asked.

“I did not see the manipulation until after. I hope that one day you can forgive me.”

The girls heard rustling coming towards them. May watched the shock appear on her sister’s face.

“May I see you have brought me a gift. I shall love the chance to kill one of those responsible for my near demise.” The Creator’s voice rang out clear in the night.