- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes I know my vampires are different then those we are familiar with but that's what's great about fiction. You can changed things as how a vampire is. :-D If you notice Kevin is different then ALL of them ;)
He stood a few blocks away from where Kevin stopped. He dared not get too close in case Kevin caught sight of him. He watched intrigued as a figure across the street. The figure disguised as a beggar caught a glimpse of the running figure, it was Nick. Why was Nick running away from Kevin and what was he carrying.

Alex shook his head and turned his attention to Nick wondering if he should find out what Nick was up to or if he should continue his hunt for Kevin, the betrayer.

*****

April sat on her bed holding tightly onto the baby blanket that was left in Caleb’s crib, still warm from his small body. Tears dripped from her eyes, but her sobs were quiet, she had too much to process.

Nick took her child; Kevin reappeared and said something that sounded like he knew this day was coming. Why couldn’t they leave her alone? Why wasn’t Kevin dead? She needed answers.

April got off her bed and made her way into the living room, May and Kevin were sitting in silence on the couch.

Kevin stood and moved towards her, “April... I…”

April interrupted him and moved into a chair avoiding his touch. “What is going on? I want to know everything that happened after we left the club.”

Kevin took his seat on the couch again and tried to look into April’s eyes. Seeing that she was firmly keeping her eyes averted, he spoke.

“We all thought the Creator was severely injured. April’s …” he paused and looked at her, not sure how she would take this next comment. “April’s impure blood was harmful to the Creator. She is ancient and as such cannot “digest” any blood but a virgin’s.” He hung his head as he saw April stifle a cry. “Then May stabbing her took more energy from her, releasing more of her hold. Several vampires did die that night when the rebels fought. As you know, I killed Howie. I was fighting with Brian when you left but he got away when Nick attacked me in revenge. I managed to stab Nick, but well, he didn’t die. I knew something was wrong then.

The rebels and I managed to round a few more up and lock them away in the dungeon and then we torched the place. I’ve locked myself away for most of this past year, trying to find another way to kill the Creator. Then I came to a passage about a child born of vampire and mortal and how ….” He stopped, not wanting to tell April that her child would plunge the world into darkness.

“What about Caleb?” April demanded.

“It said that the Creator could use your son to her advantage.” He sighed. “That is as much as I will tell you about it.”

“Where did Nick take him, where is this Creator? Don’t you or Alex know where she’s located?” April pleaded at him with her eyes.

He coughed slightly and then spoke again, “Alex disappeared that night. I asked many of the other rebels where he was but the only thing I found out is when he heard what Brian said about me, he left. He wasn’t even there to see what happened …” He looked up at April apologetically.

“When she bit me?” Her hand flew to her neck as she rubbed the spot.

“I’m sorry, I had to do that to you.” Kevin moved towards her again taking her hands in his. “I never would have if I could think of another way…”

April pulled her hands away and shook off the memory of their night together. “What can we do now to find Caleb?”

Kevin turned towards May, unable to look at April any longer. “I think I know someone who might be able to tell us where to find the Creator.”

May nodded and grabbed her purse along with April’s. “We’ll take my car.”

*****

The arrived in the alley behind the restaurant shortly and sat in the car. “Are you sure we can get in unnoticed.” May asked apprehensively.

Kevin nodded and pointed at a hidden doorway, the same doorway he came out of only an hour earlier. “There.”

The three got out of the car, April still clinging to Caleb’s blanket. Quietly they shut the doors and made their way through the doorway. April gasped as she noticed the dungeon still intact and she started to make her way through, the path burned into her brain from last year. May stared after her sister and Kevin motioned her to follow. “She’s been here before.” Was all he said for an explanation.

They walked in silence until they reached the door April remembered. Before she could push it open she could feel Kevin’s breath on her ear. “Not in that room.” He took her shoulders and turned her to the next door. Kevin unlocked the door and pushed it open.

“Brian, you have visitors.” Kevin said and the dark figure moved into the light. A chain clasped around his neck and legs kept him firmly attached to the all behind him, his arms were chained together behind his back.

Brian looked his visitors over, his ‘cousin’ brought with him the two girls he never thought he would have to see again. “What are those bitches doing here?” He spat.

May hid her disappointment at hearing him say this while at the same time desperately trying to get his attention, she wanted him to notice she still longed for him and wanted to be with him.

Furious, April moved in front of Kevin and slapped Brian across his face. “Where’s my son?”

Brian let out an evil laugh and stared right back into April’s eyes. “Is he a sweet thing?” He licked his lips. “I’m sure the Creator will love the taste of his young blood when she drains him.”

Kevin moved quickly and let his fist collide with Brian’s face, knocking the captive on the floor.

April flew from the room and ran back to where the car was, waiting for the other two so they could get home. They needed to pack and do something, anything was better then doing nothing.

*****

Alex watched Nick for a time, curious as to the young vampire’s actions. He decided that Nick might lead him to Kevin in another way so he waited and watched. He was getting good at watching. He smirked to himself as he bit into the rat he captured earlier. He gagged on the taste, still wishing to be released from this unfeeling life.