- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Part of this chapter is dedicated to Trina. She is the reason I am writing fanfiction again. All because she reviewed the first story in this series. So if you are ennjoying my stories you have her to thank for reviving my desire to write. Trina I hope you enjoy YOUR chapter.
May sat in silence in the corner of the room where Brian told her to stay. They arrived at the safe house moments before and May begged Brian to let her sleep, to let her dream but he pushed her down and told her to wait, he had things more important to take care of.

She watched as he sat in the middle of the floor and started to breathe slow and steady. She never once thought it was strange to see him have to slow his breathing in order to meditate. She waited for him to finish so he could induce her sleep, she almost giggled in anticipation but knew that if she did Brian would not be happy.

Even with the other presence in the room, Brian was able to focus enough to open his mind to the Creator. He needed to talk with her; he needed to find out what his next plan of action should be. He let go of a deep breath when the connection was finally made.

My Queen, He started.

Brian my faithful follower, I see you have found your way back to me. There was a bit of spite in her thoughts.

I could not help being long, the traitor Kevin captured me and kept me from you. She did not respond to this so he kept going. I gleamed an idea of something new from Kevin, to save you and cast darkness over the world.

Yes, the child. I don’ know when or if my servant will be able to bring the child to me.

My Queen, if you are patient, I have another way to bring the child.

May watched Brian in the middle of the room, his lips moving as he spoke to someone in his mind. She only hoped that this would be over soon and she could finally sleep the sleep she’d been waiting for over a year.

Brian’s eyes fluttered open and he looked towards May. “You want to sleep?” He glided over towards May and took her hand in his. Together they approached the bed. May laid down closing her eyes preparaing for sleep. Instead of sleep, she felt something soft brush her lips. She opened her eyes only to be looking directly into Brian’s eyes inches away from her face.

She gasped fearful of an impending bite.

“Don’t fret, I will not bite. I have been longing to do with you in person what we did in dreams together.”

“But…” May started to protest. Wasn’t she for the Creator, to restore her to her glory so the world could be plunged in darkness? Brian’s lips covered hers again and she forgot about the Creator, her thoughts now only on Brian and the feelings he was giving her as he slipped her clothing off, kissing her body.

May’s body covered in goose bumps as Brian continued to explore her body. A rush of pleasure overcame her as Brian entered her, it was as in her dreams, they were one and May knew that she found where she belonged and with whom she belonged.

*****

April woke in Kevin’s arms full of unease. She rose quickly and ran into May’s room. “May, we have to go…” She stopped when she saw May’s bed still made, the sheets showing that no one slept in the bed overnight. “Kevin!” She shouted running back into her bedroom. “May is gone.”

Kevin bolted out of bed and threw his shirt over his head. April followed suit and got dressed herself. The two ran out of the apartment and got into April’s car. “Drive to the restaurant.” Kevin ordered. April did not protest the demand in his voice and sped through the streets, thankful no cops were on the prowl.

The two made their way through the maze only to find the door to Brian’s cell wide open, no prisoner inside. Kevin felt his pocket then slammed his fist into the wall nearby. “Damn.” He shouted. “I should have known that May might do something like this.”

“What do you mean?” April asked outraged. How dare he accuse her sister of doing something like set an evil vampire free?

“She’s been touched.” When he saw April’s look of confusion, he explained further. “Brian entered her dreams; it was something I was supposed to block as Alex blocked Nick from yours. I played at not being strong enough; I attempted to let Brian know I was playing my role with the rebels. I could not block him or he would be suspicious to my real intent with the rebels. It is my fault he has control over her now. I should have known that she would rescue him.”

“Why would she do that? Because he was in her dreams?”

Kevin turned towards April and took her hands. “If a vampire enters some ones dreams enough, the dreams themselves are addictive. Your sister had these dreams nightly for half a year at least.” He hung his head, saying he was sorry was not going to be enough this time.

April took in this new information, tears welling in her eyes, her nose threatening to run. “So my sister and my son are with them?”

Kevin nodded. “Let’s go, I know a few safe houses, we can start looking there. Perhaps they will leave a trail and lead us to the Creator and Caleb.”

They walked hand in hand back to April’s car where they turned from the alley on their way to one of the many safe houses in the city.

*****

Nick looked at the boy sleeping in the crib. A smirk crossed his face. Kevin’s child, he thought. This will get him back for what he did to my love. He missed Howie desperately and tried to remember their happy days together but hate clouded his mind and now he was bent on revenge on the one man that ruined his happiness.

*****

Alex sat outside where he saw Nick enter with the bundle. Nick was still inside he knew, he had not seen him leave yet. Maybe he never would leave. Alex thought he should get back to hunting Kevin, to find a time to strike back at him. He turned to leave when a cry came from the window of Nick’s rooms. Intrigued Alex scaled the fire escape of the building across the way. He glanced inside the room and saw Nick pick up the crying bundle. Nick had a baby with him; this was getting more intriguing. Alex was sure Kevin would show up at this place eventually so he decided to wait and keep an eye on Nick trying to care for a mortal baby.