- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Because all you lovly people put up some great reviews i decided to put this chapter up tonight for ya'll. Again thanks for the great reviews.
"Nick it doesn't have to go that far. If you want to be apart of their lives that's fine Nick, i wouldn't stop you." He nodded and mutted 'good'. I walked up to Beth the lady behind the conter we know everybody here because we came in for Rayn's regular check-ups.

"Hey Beth. Rayn needs to see Dr Pitt." She looked over at Rayn concered.

"I'll let Greg now. We're not busy at the moment so it shouldn't be a long wait." I thanked her and went and sat down picking Rayn up and placing her on my lap. It was 10 minute lqter that we were called in, i stood up and turned to Nick to tell him to stay here and watch Lakee but he was already standing while he held our little boy's hand. I just nodded and walked into Dr Pitt's office.

"Hey Greg. she woke up this morning with a heavy fever, and i throught it was best to bring her in." He nodded and looked over at Nick. "Greg this is Nick Carter. Their father." Nick stepped for and held out his hand.

"Nice to met you Doctor." Greg shook his hand and nodded while saying 'same here'

"Okay baby Rayndrops let have a look at you." I sat playing with Lakke's hair as Dr Pitt checked over Rayn. I looked at Nick to see him sitting nerously watching Dr Pitt.

"It looks like little one here has the flu. Grive her the normal cough medince and keep an eye on her. If she get's worse take her straight to the hospital." I glance at Nick then back to Doctor Pitt.

"So it will be fine to give to her even with her pills?" I saw out of the concer of my eye, Nick look at me with wide eyes.

"Oh yes they will be fine together. How are you's going with her pills. She'd nearly be ready for a refill."

"She has about two weeks worth left, so she's find at the moment." He nodded and gave Lakee a lollipop while telling him to be a good boy and look after his sister. Lakee face lit up and he nodded while he shoved the lollipop in his mouth. We left and we back out to Beth while i was fixing things up with Beth, Nick grabbed Rayn's carseat and went outside.

"Are we keeping her appointment?"

"Oh yes Beth that's her refill appointment so we'll be back then." She smiled at Lakee and Rayn.

"You two be good. You hear me." I smiled as they nodded. I thanked Beth and went out to Nick's car. Nick picked up Lakee and put him in his carseat as i put Rayn's in her's.


It didn't take Nick long to get us home and i gave Rayn some medince and her pill then put her to bed. I stuck my head into the play room to see Lakee was playing with his puzzles, so i left him to it and went down to the kitchen to finish cleaning it up. I walked in to see Nick standing in the middle of the room looking at Rayn's pill bottle.

"She has one, twice a day." He looked up at me.

"I can read. Why is she on them? How long will she be on them?" I took the bottle out of his hand and placed it back on top of the fridge.

"She's problly have to have them for the rest of her life." I turned to look at him, he stood there waitting for more. I signed and closed my eyes. "She was born with a hole in her heart. The tablets keep the fluid in her body down so it doesn't put pressure on or around her heart and stops it." I opened my eyes to see Nick's wided eyes looking at me shocked. Then he blinked and looked around the room.

"I'll get her the best doctor's in the world." I rolled my eyes. and turned around to fix Lakee a sandwitch for lunch.

"All has been done that can be. The doctors said she could live a normal full life, we just have to keep an eye on her."

"But what happens when it grows bigger, what happens when it gets worse." I span around and glared at him.

"She's not brian Nick. Yes it could get worse but i'm trying to think of the possative things. I don't want to hear the other crap." He stood there slient until i turned around and went back to Lakee's sandwitch.

"I understand Nicole but you have to keep in mind what could happen." I shook my head which made him quiet. As soon as i heard him sign i knew he was going to drop it for now. "Why did you leave?" I stopped my hand that was reaching for the knife.

"Because i needed too." I heard Nick take a step towards me as i grabbed the knife.

"That's bullshit. I need to know why you left Nicole. When i came back and saw that note i didn't know what to think. I throught we were going to finally be happy but then you up and left." I could hear that edge to his voice witch ment he was getting angry.

"I didn't want to leave, i really didn't. But Luke came around and he, He would of killed you Nick. I couldn't let that happen." I didn't want to remember that day. I didn't want to remember the fear i felt when Luke turned up and the pain i felt when i left.

"You should of came to me, You should of rang." I span around and looked at him.

"I was scared Nick, Luke would of killed you and i did the only thing i could think of to keep you safe. Then i had the twins and i DID pick up the phone to ring you, i picked it up a 100 times over the past three years but everytime i did i would think what if Luke came back or what if you didn't want anything to do with this, with them all because you hated me for leaving. then i started to think of your lifestyle how the twins would grow up in the spotlight and i didn't want that for them everybody seen what they do, everybody knowing who they are. I did and still do what them to know you and i have told them about you Nick, they know who you are and what you do but i want them to have a normal childhood. I want the people they met to know them as Lakee and Rayn not as Nick Carter's children. It wasn't because i wanted to be a bitch and keep them away from you, I just wanted to give them a childhood any other child would have."