- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay next chapter people.
I took me abit to get Lakee down to sleep that night mainly because Nick had giving him enough sugar to satisfy any sweet tooth. Rayn had woken up and had some soup with her medicne then fell back to sleep very easily. When i made my way back into the lounge room i found Nick sitting on my couch waitting for me.

"So." I felt like slapping myself in the head, the first time i get Nick fully alone the first thing i saw is 'so' how more pathetic can i be. Nick rubbed the back of his neck and stared at the t.v which is on some channel on mute.

"How are we going to do this?" I knew he was going to ask this i had even gone through this in my head all afternoon while Lakee had kept Nick entertained, but my mind still come up blank. "I'm still a pretty busy guy but i'll make time for them."

"I don't want you coming into their lives and end up hurting them Nick." He looked up at me and nodded his head.

"I wont. I promise i will never hurt them." I bit my lip and let my eyes wonder around the room. Before i could open my mouth i heard a weak 'Mummy' I looked over to see Rayn leaning against the door frame half asleep, while holding her teddy bear by one arm.

"What's wrong Princess?" She looked from me too Nick and quietly walked our way. I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing when i saw Rayn smack Nick with her teddy bear then she ran over to me and i gathered her into my arms. I looked at Nick who had an look mixed with shock and amusement on his face.

"Oke up mummy." She looked at Nick then put her head into my shoulder. "OJ mummy." I nodded and went in to get her some ornage juice. then put her back to bed. When i got back into the lounge room Nick was sitting looking at the the t.v again.

"How about you guys moving in with me in Cali." I looked at him with wide eyes. Move back to Cali! i came here to get away from Cali.

"No." He rubbed the back of his neck and signed. "How about you can come down and see them when ever you want and one a year they can came and stay with you for two weeks."

"Once a month they came and stay with me?" I really didn't want to fight with him with the kids upstairs sleeping.

"One week once a month." He nodded his head. "I've gotta head to bed. When are you heading back to Cali?"

"In the morning." He rubbed the back of his neck again. "Can i take them back with me for a couple of days?" I looked at the door way then back to Nick.

"Rayn's too sick to travel at the moment." He nodded.

"Can i take Lakee?" That made me go quiet. The twins only time the twins have been separated once not long after they were born and Rayn had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days. Maybe it'd be a good idea for Lakee to spend some alone time with his father. And might as well let Nick get used to one before both are thrown to him.

"Okay only for three days." His face lit up and he nodded. He stood up and stretched his arms over his head.

"I better get going. Can i go up and see them before i go?" I nodded and stood up following him as he made his way up the stairs. I stood by the door watching him walk up to Rayn's bed and said something to her while ranning he's hand through her hair finishing with kissing her cheek, then he went and did the same to Lakee. We made our way to the front door Nick stopped and looked at me while he held the door opened.

"I'll be here at about 8 o'clock alright." I nodded and shifted my feet. "Thanks Nicole." He said kissing my cheek then walked out the door.