- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it's been awhile but my computer clashed and i lost everything. But have no fear here is the next chapter hope you's enjoy and please remember to review. and sorry it's short i'll try and make it up in the next chapter.
I cleaned and moved around my house like i was in a trance it felt wierd not hearing Lakee and Rayn's voices or pitter patter of their little feet. I knew it wouldn't be long until Rayn got out of bed and i was going to have to explain to her why her counterpart wasn't around. For the last hours since Nick and Lakee left i have been glancing at the telephone willing it to ring just so i could hear my little boys voice, knowing that Nick wouldn't be fair from his side didn't affect me one bit and as i wiped down the kitchen counter for the sixth time i groaned to myself knowing even i didn't believe that. The ringing of the phone broke me out of my thoughts and i scrambled for the phone.

"Hello."

"Mummy." I broke out into a smile as soon as i heard his soft excitied voice. He started to speed talk as i listened to him i made out the words 'Hane' 'Daddy' 'High' 'Big' I laughed to myself. "Ray?"

"I'll see if she's awake Prince." I heard him say a quick okay before he started repeating all he told me to Nick who i knew would of been sitting next to him. I poked my head through the twins bedroom door seeing Rayn sitting up in bed watching t.v. "Baby Lakee's on the phone, he wants to say hello." She looked up at me confused for a minute before she reached out for the phone. I sat back and watched her speak her baby talk confused, then laughed to myself pictureing Nick looking the same way at Lakee. After 5 minutes my mind landing on the phone bill for the first time i remember this must be costing Nick. "Rayn say bye to your brother." She said a quick bye and love you then head the phone out to me. I kissed her forehead as i took the phone. "Lakee can you put daddy on the phone, and i'll talk to you later. Okay baby i love you." He said a quick love you too then i heard to phone move around knowing he was handing it over to his father.

"Hey. He sure is your son he can talk all day."

"No Nick, if you listen more closely you'll see he talks just like you." I heard him chuckle. "So how was the plane ride over?"

"Now he doesn't take after me with planes. We hit alittle turbulence and for the rest of the ride he was yelling for more turbulence, that was his favouite part of the flight." So he did get something off of me the love for plane turbulence.

"So his behaving?"

"Of course he is. his just taken off after Layla." I looked over to our Pit bull cross Shadow who was sleeping on the end of Rayn's bed.

"He loves dogs. He wont leave her alone now that his spotted her." We fell quiet and listened to each others breathing. I looked down at Rayn who was deeply intrested with Barbie and Skip. I quietly moved out of her room and went downstairs. "What will this do to the kids?"

"Huh." I Leaned my back against the wall and closed my eyes.

"Them flying back and forth all the time." I heard him let out a deep breath.

"I want to be their father Nicole. I wanna see them grow, be there when they lose their first tooth, see their first day in school. I wanna show Lakee how to play basketball, show him how to fish, teach him how to drive a car, a boat, talk to him about girls, school, sports, I wanna play tea parties with Rayn, I scared the shit out of the first boy that takes her out on a date, i wanna complain about the phone bill she'll raise talking to all her girlfriends, i wanna give her away to the man she'll marry one day and tell her how beauitful she looks. I wanna be there when they one day give me grandchildren and tell them how proud i am. I wanna be there for everything Nicole." I felt the back of my eyes burn with the tears i knew were coming. "Even more i wanna be by your side through it all. I wanna see you cry when we leave them at school the first time, I wanna see you smile with pride when Lakee shows you the first fish he catchs or Rayn shows you how pretty she's dressed one of her many dolls. I wanna see the worried glance the first time they get behind the wheel of a car. I wanna be there to hold you when you cry the first time they move out of home to live their lives as adults. I've never stopped loving you Nicole."

"I have to go Nick, Rayn's up and hungry."

"Alright i'll ring you later." I didn't reply and hunged up. How can he just say sweet things like that and make me fall in love with him all over again.