- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I labelled this as romance, though I'm not quite sure if that's what this is. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lacey & story idea. Nick, & rest of BSB own themselves. Thank-you!

Note: If you'd like to see the rest of the Nick/Lacey photos, check out the fic on my website.

Tra lalalalalalala
Happy Birthday, Sweet 16
Tra lalalalalalala
Happy Birthday, Sweet 16
Tra lalalalalalala

Nickolas Carter sat staring at his best friend, Lacey Jones, from across the table. Today was her sweet sixteenth birthday, and amazingly he was home to help her celebrate it. Of course, the other Boys had eagerly jumped at the chance to see her again. Though they’d only known her a couple years – unlike Nick, who’d known Lacey her whole life – she meant the world to them, and they all treated her like their little sister.

Lacey looked up suddenly, only to find Nick staring at her again. She smiled warmly at him, making him blush a light crimson, thus causing the other Boys to laugh. She couldn’t figure out why he kept staring at her. Okay, sure she’d a crush on him for the past year and a half, but surely he didn’t feel the same way – did he?

Tonight’s the night I‘ve waited for
Because you’re not a baby anymore
You’ve turned into the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen
Happy Birthday, Sweet 16

After the cake and ice cream, Nick dragged Lacey away from her own party. But he’d an excuse. He’d something very important that he wanted to tell her. He knew what he wanted to say, but had no clue how to word it so he wouldn’t sound like a bumbling idiot. But this was Lacey, not a fan, and she wouldn’t think of him as an idiot – would she?

Lacey looked at Nick confused, wondering just why he’d dragged her outside. And the fact he’d done it before she could open her gifts puzzled her even more. Especially since he knew she loved opening them, as the Boys would always spark her curiosity beforehand – this time being no different than the last.

Nick still stood staring at her, as thoughts ran through his head at rapid speed.

What happened to
That funny face
My little tomboy now
Wears satin and lace
I can’t believe my eyes
You’re just a teenage dream
Happy Birthday, Sweet 16

Lacey finally couldn’t take the silence anymore.

“Nick,” she said softly.

Nick locked eyes with her then, his smile shining through them. He suddenly knew exactly what it was that he wanted to say. “I love you,” he whispered, leaning towards her. “God, I love you.”

Lacey was surprised at first when his lips met hers, but soon kissed him back. she could feel them both smile into the kiss as he pulled her closer to him.

As they stood there shyly smiling at one another, they couldn’t help but think of how things had been when they were small.

When you were only six
I was your big brother

Six-year-old Lacey darted across her front lawn as soon as she’d spotted Nick. She said nothing as she ran past the rest of his family, and into his arms in tears.

Nick, who would be seven in four months, hugged her tightly. He’d no clue as to why she was crying, but intended to find out.

“What’s wrong?” He asked. “Who made you cry?”

Lacey sniffled and looked up t him. How could she tell him what those boys had said without hurting him? How? She paused a moment, then spoke.

“T-Timmy ‘n’ Tommy said you’re a girl,” she told him. “A-An’ they said y-you don’t like me an’…”

Nick cut her off then, not wanting to hear any more lies, Timmy and Tommy had told her.

“I like you Lacey,” he smiled. “You’re my best friend, Silly.”

Lacey let out a tiny giggle and gave him a small smile. She’d known deep down all along he’d say that, but had still desperately needed to hear him say it.

Nick kissed her cheek, then took hold of her hand.

“C’mon,” he said. “I brought my new Nintendo game for us to play.”

Still holding hands, the two of them ran inside and up to Lacey’s room to play Nintendo.

Then when you were ten
We didn’t like each other

Lacey stood there gaping at Nick in shock. She couldn’t believe what he had just said to her.

“Quit trying to catch flies Lacey,” Nick told her. “’Cause it’s true and you know it!”

“It is not!” She yelled. “You lie Nick! You know me better than that!”

“Do I?” Nick challenged.

Lacey shut her mouth as her face turned red from anger. She glared at her best friend. Or should she say, ex-best friend?

“I hate you Nickolas gene Carter!” She finally screamed.

“Good! ‘Cause I hate you Lacey Lynn Jones!” Nick yelled after her as she stormed off.

When you were thirteen
You were my funny valentine

Nick sat on the couch in his basement watching Lacey dance around the room. It was Valentine’s day and they were in the middle of having a party with a few close friends.

Lacey danced over to where Nick was sitting and yanked him up off the couch.

“C’mon!” She laughed. “Don’t be a stick in the mud! Dance!”

He smiled and did as told, keeping his eyes glued to her at all times.

But since you’ve grown up
Your future is sewn up
From now on you’re going to be mine
So

Lacey’s party was long over and everyone had already gone up to bed. Everyone that is, except her and Nick. The two of them had snuck outside and up into the tree-house. It was an old ritual that had yet to die, and neither of them wanted it to.

“Enjoy your party?” Nick asked.

Lacey, who was lying with her head in his lap, looked up at him and smiled as she nodded.

Nick smiled back down at her. “Good. ‘Cause it ain’t over yet.”

“What do you mean?” She queried. “What are you up to Carter?”

“You’ll see,” he smirked as he leaned down to kiss her. He then repeated himself, whispering against her lips. “You’ll see.”

Lacey kissed him again, suddenly not caring about whatever crazy plan he had cooked up.

If I should smile with sweet surprise
It’s just that you’ve grown up before my very eyes
You’ve turned into the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen
Happy Birthday, Sweet 16

Those two sweet, innocent, little kisses they’d shared earlier, had now turned into a full-blown make-out session. Neither fully aware of what they were doing, but both wanting more.

Lacey shivered slightly as Nick removed her shirt. He’d removed her bra earlier, shortly after they’d started. She saw him remove his own shirt and smirked. She knew just how much people seeing his naked chest bothered him.

Once he’d removed his shirt, Nick automatically leaned down to kiss her again. He tried not to laugh as her fingers tickled his bare skin like feathers.

If I should smiled with sweet surprise
It’s just that you’ve grown up before my very eyes
You’ve turned into the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen
Happy Birthday, Sweet 16

Lacey stared up at him as he finished stripping down to his boxers. She said nothing as he slid her jeans off her, leaving her only in her panties.

Nick lay down next to her once they’d both only had one piece of clothing on. Neither had worn socks so he hadn’t had to fight with those. He raked his fingers through her shoulder length auburn hair as they lay there silently.

Lacey had actually been surprised when he stopped to lay next to her. She’d thought for sure he was curious enough to finish stripping them both first. She rolled over to face him, then kissed his lips softly.

After a few more minutes of making out, Nick got back up, he sat on his knees straddling her. His eyes locked with hers as he ever so slowly began to remove her panties. Once he’d removed them off her completely, he looked down and smiled, making her blush furiously. He leaned down and kissed her belly button.

“You’re beautiful,” he whispered, locking eyes with her once more.

Lacey lay there quietly, as she watched him remove the last thing that kept them from both being naked.

Now it was Nick’s turn to blush when he saw Lacey staring at him.

“You’re beautiful too,” Lacey whispered.

Nick and Lacey both shared a shy smile, before he finally spoke.

“You sure?” He asked nervously, this being his first time.

Lacey nodded quietly, still smiling shyly, as it was her first time too.

Nick slowly went back to his previous position, straddling her once more.

Tra lalalalalalala