- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This has been written for my Beloved Posie. For so long she has talked about this specific scene and I decided that I must give it to her. This is my first visual, though it seems I'm quite the whore when it comes to writing sex scenes... Wait... This is supposed to be romantic and light... So, enjoy!
A Secret Haven


Her breath visualized in tiny wisps of soft whispers of clouds in the chilly night air, reminding her of the coldness represented in the deep darkness of her world. For so long she had been alone, even as others circled around her in a monotonous swirl of heartache. And despite the frost forming on the lifeless blades of grass and the snowflakes started to float down to the earth, she waited outside with renewed hope. He had called her earlier that day, murmuring softly how much he had truly missed her. How sorry he was that things couldn’t be different for them. How much he needed to have her body wrapped around his for the remainder of the evening, even if he were just to hold her. Because holding her made the world radiant once again. Promising that he would take care of her if she would just meet him at their special place once more—

A familiar hand swept over her cheek from behind, but the spicy scent of cologne soothed her trepidation and melted the bleakness of her thoughts. The pads of his fingers barely touching her cold cheek, causing a warm blush to melt the icy film of snow that had fallen against her in the hours that she waited. Her breath caught in the very base of her lungs as the warmth of his skin followed the smooth sweep of her cheek bone, slipping beneath her robin-egg blue scarf and down the elegant lines of her dainty neck. Her light cinnamon colored locks piled underneath a matching wool hat were released in turbulent waves as he pushed the hat into the pocket of her coat. Keeping her back against him, his other hand slipped beneath the downy soft of her winter coat, finding the pit of her stomach with tender strokes. Then the heat of his hand moved up from a small unzipping of her coat till he was tracing the sweet curve of her tender breast. And suddenly, she wasn’t so cold anymore.

“Alex…”

“I missed you,” he rasped from behind her, pressing the warmth of his cheek against the frosted cold of hers. His rosy cheek seemed to melt the snowflakes that had fallen over her delicate porcelain skin, causing her to sigh with appreciation. The soft verbal recognition of her pleasure at his presence caused him to chuckle softly. Gently, he helped her zipper the pea coat he had bought her as a birthday present, not wanting to freeze her body from the bitter winds. Settling his hands on her shoulders, he turned her so he could gaze into the warm olive eyes that had enchanted him so many years. “Jocelyn…”

“It’s not as bad as it looks,” she immediately promised, bringing a gloved hand to her bruised cheek. She winced underneath the pain caused by the pressure of her fingertips, carefully maneuvering her hand to hide the dark black and blue discoloration circling her right eye as well. This hadn’t been the worst of the attacks and she was certain that AJ had seen much worse. After all, he had been her safety when her husband’s powerful rage broke, leaving her a chance to flee for her life. She would always rush to AJ’s private cabin in the mountains of California, where snow was ever present. Where he would clean the injuries, brush away the pain, and promise her the world. Never had he assumed more than a friendship with her, but the love they felt for one another was ever present. They simply ignored the obvious as he fought for her to leave the abuser. She had tried so many times, but each battle never seemed to win the bitter war. He demanded her safety and she risked it.

“He hurt you again,” AJ murmured softly, stuffing his bare hands into the pocket of his sweatshirt. His frigid anger chilled him to ice far worse than the wintry elements. He hated that she went back to the bastard every day. That his love wasn’t enough to protect her from the daily hurt. So many nights he threatened to kidnap her. To take her with him forever. But, it was her choice--

“I know--”

“Damnit, Jocelyn, I can’t do this anymore. To see you come here hurt time after time. I’m so fucking sick of--”

“Alex,” Jocelyn interrupted gently, not wanting to get him caught in a frenzy of frustration. Today was different. She wouldn’t have to listen to his lecture of hurt and concern, pleading with her to leave so he wouldn’t have to drop a beautiful flower onto her casket as a final goodbye. Pulling the glove from her hand when AJ bowed his head in anger, she gingerly dropped her hand so he could see the absence of what tied her to the abuse for so long – no more golden ring of promise. “I left.”

AJ studied the bare hand, feeling icy tears fall their usual path down his bearded face. “My Jo…”

“I want to stay here with you tonight,” Jocelyn insisted with a sweet smile, cupping his face with her hands to gently lift his gaze to meet hers. “And tomorrow morning I want to leave with you. No more going our separate ways anymore.”

“…Promise?” he asked raggedly, not sure that he could withstand the possibility of this being a cruel joke.

“I promise,” Jocelyn whispered. “Because I love you, Alex.”

“I love you, too, Jocelyn,” AJ breathed with relief, fumbling to pull his hands from the kangaroo pocket of his sweatshirt. Ignorant to the tears flooding his face, he was quick to pull Jocelyn into his arms. The joy that flooded his body was unable to be contained, especially when he heard the squeal of delight rush from her velveteen lips. Heaving her up, he carried her up the snow laden steps of his cabin, fumbling slightly with the lock and doorknob, but refusing to lose contact with her body. He wanted to hold her tight against him, smiling with triumph when the door swung open. Ushering her inside, he quickly kicked it closed with his boot before toeing them off and stumbling into the living room.

“Alex!” Jocelyn laughed at his enthusiasm, reeling in the exuberance of his actions when he laid her on the large area rug in front of a stoking fire. The warmth of flames seemed to melt the snowflakes from her cinnamon locks and porcelain skin, but the sweet smelling warmth of AJ’s breath on her cheek sent a thrill of blazing heat through the center of her body. He had knelt in front of her, breathing in the very essence of her as his hands gently smoothed the wrinkles from her pea coat before reaching for the zipper beneath her chin. With a small tug, he freed the zipper of the coat to doff it from her shivering form.

“You’re cold?” AJ immediately inquired, moving to add some more logs to the simmering fire.

“No, I’m warm,” she quickly promised, reaching for his hands after he fussed to bring the fire into a higher magnitude. “You being so close just gave me the chills—In a good way!”

“I love you so much, Jo,” AJ answered for his actions, leaning close to press a virtuous kiss to her lips. The brief touch of sensitive, soft lips caused a flood of electricity to rush over every susceptible neuron within their bodies. And, despite the overwhelming pleasure, AJ leaned back as means to break the tension. But, he couldn’t. The magnetism of her innocent seduction propelled him to lean forward, pressing his lips harder to hers in hopes of kindling the same love within her.

“I love you, too, Alex,” she promised once more beneath his lips, knowing that she could never tire of those words. Feeling the soft wave of air from AJ’s pleased sigh rush over her lips, she smiled with appreciation, reaching to curl her fingers delicately within his growing dark curls. At first, she hadn’t exactly been crazy about his choice to let his hair grow with the evident receding of his hairline from his original hairline, but it had grown on her. Or perhaps it was the way his lips lightly pressed to hers before hardening. Each kiss grew harder than the previous till his teeth closed over her bottom lip, hoping to draw her lips closer. “Alex…”

“You taste so sweet,” he announced. Gently winding his arms around her lower waist, he leaned closer, allowing his tongue to brush delicately over her lips. At her soft moan of appreciation, he swept his tongue over her lips once more till they parted to allow him entrance. For a moment, he hesitated at the gain in access to her sweet mouth, but feeling her start to pull back, her fingers tightening in his hair so he would follow, caused him to moan softly with appreciation. Gingerly, he brushed his tongue past her teeth, finding her tongue beneath his. The sweet taste of her caused him to harden the kiss with appreciation, undulating his tongue against hers in an erotic dance. “…Like strawberries and cream…”

“You taste like mint and Marlboros,” Jocelyn easily returned, loosening one hand from his locks to draw the baseball cap away from his head. Tossing it to the couch, she laid down fully upon the thick white rug beside the fire. Looking up at him for a moment, she decided it was best that she had snatched the hat, absolutely adored staring into his dark hazel eyes. Pulling her lips to the side of his bearded face for faint kisses of appreciation, she dropped her free hand down the length of his back for a gentle caress. Feeling him shudder, she gathered the hem of his t-shirt into her fist, to pull it with her as her hand traveled back up. Studying him when her lips left his cheek, she had to giggle when he wriggled from the t-shirt to display the filling of his torso and strengthening of his taut arms. He had been working so hard in the gym to define the usually scrawny arms covered in a variety of colored ink. And his regiment had worked in his favor. No matter what his appearance, though, she would love him just the same. He was gorgeous in her eyes.

“I’ll make sure to share one with you afterwards,” he promised with a light chuckle, hands sweeping beneath her aqua colored chenille sweater. Wrapping his fingers around her voluptuous hips, he felt her legs slide around to cradle him. He could feel the heat of her center burning through their jeans, realizing the solidifying of his erection was tell-tale when her cinnamon eyes widened in surprise. Carefully wetting his lips, he arched his dark brows in a silent question of hope.

“As long as I get the first puff,” she murmured with a confident nod of agreement.

“You can have everything first,” he promised, allowing his hands to follow the curves of her body till her sweater was pulled from her body. Throwing it aside, he bent over her to press a delicate kiss to the hollow of her throat. Feeling her tremble beneath him, he moved his feather-soft kisses to the side of her neck, nibbling for just the smallest taste of her delectable skin. Then, tracing the tip of his tongue across her collar bone, he dropped his kisses to the very valley between her heaving breasts. Feeling her manicured nails dig into the flesh of his back, he grinned and slid the bra away from her skin as if he were brushing water away.

“Oh, Alex,” she whimpered with enchantment, holding her breath when his lips slid against the underside of her breast before moving down to the pit of her stomach. Sucking lightly at her skin as to not leave a mark, he concentrated on pleasuring her while undoing the buttons and zipper of her jeans. Flicking his tongue within her belly button, he felt her shiver when a loud moan erupted from her lips. Her fingers tangled within his dark locks once more when he managed to peel away the rest of her clothing.

“You’re such a gorgeous creature…” he whispered in appreciation, running his hand from her inner thigh up her body till he brushed his fingertips gently over the hollow of her cheek. He could feel the tremble of her body despite the balmy glow of the fire roaring just beside them. Leaning over her, he pressed a kiss to the center of her forehead, guiding her hands to his belt. As he covered her face in a variety of sweet kisses, he helped her undo the belt, buttons and zipper. Sliding his garments down his hips, he actually whimpered when he felt her soft hands cup his burgeoning erection. “Jo…”

“Make love to me, Alex,” she requested, sitting up to help free his legs from the garments of clothing that kept them apart. Allowing her cinnamon locks to spill over her bare shoulders, she pressed her own kisses to the center of his chest. Savoring the taste of his flesh as she nipped and sucked, she could feel the erection growing harder with each kiss to his skin. Soon, when she felt him shudder, she found herself swept back into his arms and laid upon the rug once more. “Alex--”

“I can’t wait any longer,” he explained apologetically, poising himself at the damp heat of her entrance, searching her eyes in hope that she’d allow him. When she nodded and rested her hands upon his shoulders, he gently pushed himself within her. The radiating warmth of her body sheathing him, taking him in completely, caused him to whimper in delight. Grasping handfuls of the thick rug for stability, he steadied himself to revel in the glory of being within her. The warmth of her body connecting with his was far more brilliant than any fire he could hope to stir within the fireplace.

“Alex,” she called in hopes to draw his attention back, cupping her hands against his face.

“Sorry…” he whispered. “This just feels so right…”

“It’s going to feel even better,” she agreed, arching her hips to complete his first thrust into her body. Biting down hard on her bottom lip when he groaned in appreciation, she wrapped her arms around his back, urging him to continue. And, slowly, his hips followed into a soft wave of thrusts within her. “Oh, Alex…”

“It feels even better?” he hoped, leaning as close as he could till their skins seemed to melt amongst the flames of desire. He helped one of her legs curve around his waist for stability, nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck. The momentum of his devotion for the gorgeous woman beneath him filled every void in his being. And, quickly, the passion of his movements gained an impeccable force in his heart.

“So good,” she promised, arching up against him again and again as his thrusts gained speed and power.

“Stay with me forever, Jocelyn,” he asked against her skin, kissing and lapping away the salty beads of sweat that formed on her skin. He could feel the pinnacle of his release building faster when her hands slowly swept down his back in a tantalizing dance.

“I’ll never leave again,” she agreed, seeking his earlobe for a nibble.

At her confession, AJ felt an overwhelming sweep of emotion rush from his heart to every inch of his body. He knew that he would be able to protect her and love her like no other man within the universe. She would stay with him and he would assure that no tears of pain ever fell from her stunning eyes once more. Pulling his face from the crook of her neck, he made his trail of kisses from just beneath her ear, over her jaw line, and to the corner of her mouth. Brushing his tongue over her lips, he smiled in triumph as they easily parted to gain him access. Easily, he melted his lips to hers, searching for her tongue in a wave of beautiful ministrations as his release exploded with a reckless abandon, hers soon following with a cry of thanks.

Silence evoked the couple when AJ slowly lowered his body to hers. Breaking their long kiss into several, he sighed with relief and shifted to lie beside her amongst the soft flames of kindling fire and comfort of the thick rug. At first there seemed to be no words to share. Everything had been spoken through their bodies dance. Then he spoke amongst the soft air of the room, waiting for the calming of his heart so he could hear her answer above the steady pounding of his heart. “Want to know a secret?”

“Didn’t I already reveal the secret?” Jocelyn inquired, flattening her palm over his chest to soothe the rapid flutter of his heart.

“I was going to sell this cabin after we met tonight… Because I was convinced that I’d lose you after tonight…”

“Our secret place? Our haven? You’d sell it?”

“Not now,” AJ wholly promised, wrapping his arms about her body to soothe the tremors of their after-glow. Kissing the side of her face, he then nuzzled his face against it, inhaling the heavenly scent of their mixed essences. “Not when I know this is our special place to be together.”

“Really…” Jocelyn trailed with serious thought. “Alex, just sell it.”

AJ paused for a moment. “What? Why?”

“Because you’re my safest place to hide,” Jocelyn confessed within the soft glow of the living room, sighing sweetly as she nestled her head against her lover’s bare chest, helping him to drape the nearby blanket over their bare bodies. “And, the truth is, Alex, your heart is my secret haven.”