- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, I know - wow another update. Well I hope you enjoy it :) Tell me what you think :)
Brigitte made her way up stairs carrying a cup and some different things she had brought with her without another word.

“Where did Baker go?” Kate asked looking around the house, Ryan looked around quickly as well taken aback.

Ryan wandered around the house searching for his brother, he walked into the kitchen and saw someone outside, it was Baker, with Taylor. Ryan walked to the door and opened it.

“Ryan!” she smiled running to him hugging him tightly, Ryan felt hugged her back lightly.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“I came to see you, and Baker” she said smiling “Ryan what’s wrong.”

“Why did you come here?” he asked he was upset “You aren’t supposed to be here.”

“Ryan?”

Ryan felt he was getting angry with her and he didn’t know why, he should be happy for her to be there, he missed his parents and his home, but Jackie’s face flashed in front of him again, did he really need to put his family through more grief, this family, the one he was with now.

“Taylor you’re not helping.”

“Not helping what?” she asked confused. Baker looked over glaring at him.

“He’s just weird” Baker growled.

“Hey!” Ryan huffed “You’re the one that’s acting like a child, what’s wrong with you? I’ve barely been here three days and you’ve been nothing but a brat to your parents. I’m thirteen and I’m acting more mature than you.”

“Yeah, real mature” Baker huffed back.

“Ryan, Mom and Dad are fighting for you, they want you back.”

“Why?” Ryan asked, “Harold’s right, they stole me, and this is how it’s going to be” he said frustrated.

“They didn’t steal you, you were left out there to die –“

“What do you know!?” Ryan barked back “You weren’t there. I don’t even know, but what I do know is my real mother is upstairs with some illness.” He stopped breathing hard, his heart was pounding hard now, he could hear giggling in the back of his head.

“Do it again Daddy?” the voice giggled.
“Again? Again?” the man smiled “ok” his voice was playful

Ryan felt his heart pump hard against his chest “You’re not making this easier” he yelled walking back into the house, he ran up the stairs to his room, burring his face in his pillow.

“Ryan!” Taylor yelled after him “Why are you so hard on him?” she asked looking at Baker. He’s your brother!”

“Take him.” Baker replied, “He wants to be with your parent’s anyway. You can tell he does.”

“He’s thirteen Baker! Give him a break.” Taylor looked at him.




She could feel the soft touch of a hand cupping around her face, breaking through the droning throughout her body. Her eyes slowly opened letting in the dim light from the lamp, it stung for the first little while till her eyes gradually adjusted.

“You’re here” she whispered her voice dry; her husband stroked her face again, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

“Shhh” he said, she felt him slid his hand under her arm, and the other’s under her legs to pick her up. She leaned her head into his chest but her eyes fell back to the bed, where a puddle of vaginal blood lay on the sheets.

“It hurts,” she whimpered watching as Brigitte brought a blanket to wrap her in, so her husband could taker her downstairs.

“I know” he spoke softly back walking down the hall; Brian was downstairs with Kate keeping her occupied like Harold had asked him to. “Brian” he called from up the stairs. “Could you open the door please.”

“Sure” Ryan replied he looked up at Jackie she tried to smile, “Can we come with you?” he asked, he felt so bad for Jackie, she didn’t deserve this.

Harold nodded he was paying attention to where he was going, making sure he was going to fit his wife through the door without bumping her already agitated body around to much.

The Back of Harold’s car was full of blankets and pillows, Harold laid Jackie down inside, she whimpered something but Ryan couldn’t hear. Harold only responded quietly.

“Brian can you hop in the front passenger seat, I’m going to go change for a moment.” He said running into the house, he had blood all over his shirt and pants. Ryan nodded feeling a bit queasy.

He sat in the passenger seat and looked back at Jackie as she lay amongst the bedding, she tried to smile looking at him “I’m sorry” she whispered.

“For what?” Ryan asked, he felt so bad for her.

“I should be making you more comfortable with being here, now your just sucked into all this” she murmured.

Ryan watched as Harold walked back and opened the door “Kate’s with Brigitte.” Harold paused “Where is Baker?” he asked.

Ryan didn’t have the heart to tell him, he went off with Taylor someplace, but he would have to somehow “He’s gone” he said looking at the dashboard “someplace with Taylor.”

Harold looked at him for a moment, then back at the road “Harold” Jackie murmured from the backseat, her voice was filled with pain. He pulled the car into drive shutting his door.

Ryan was surprised how quickly they made it to the hospital, but as soon as they entered the parking lot he began to have his worries. What if Pete and Harold were to run into each other?

Harold stepped out of the car; a few doctors came out picking Jackie from out of the car and onto the gurney, wheeling her in. “You go in with her, I’ll be in in a moment.” He said. Ryan nodded getting out of the car he followed them in with the gurney.

The doctor rushed her into the ER, where a doctor on call took a look at her; another doctor led Ryan to a waiting room to sit. A few moments Later Harold walked inside the door, Ryan walked over to him, it could be seen in both men’s eyes, they were scared.

“Mr. Littrell” a man walked up to Harold “Can I have you follow me.” A doctor came walking in.

“I’ll be right back, you going to be alright?” Harold asked.

“Can I come?” Ryan asked, he really wasn’t itching to be left alone.

The doctor nodded, Ryan followed Harold and the doctor back to where they had transferred Jackie “We sent her back to an OBGYN.”

Harold nodded, that would be the place to send a woman who was apparently having female problems, and he assumed that much. They walked up into the room, Brian followed looking at the pictures on the wall, and it was sort of odd. He had never, obviously taken time to walk into a women’s doctors area. There were pictures of Women holding infants, both were naked, Ryan looked away feeling uncomfortable, he looked to where they were going instead.

“Brian you want to stay out here?” Harold asked, Ryan nodded seeing that it would probably best. He walked to the magazine rack pulling a magazine from the rack to look at.



Harold walked into the room, watching the attendant shut the door, while the doctor went to his chair to sit down “When was your last period?” the doctor asked Jackie who was lying on the bed. Harold walked over to his wife sitting down on a swivel chair beside her to listen.

“A few weeks ago” she said trying to think.

“And what sort of symptoms?” he asked.

“Headaches, pain in my abdomen, my breast were hurting before “ Harold looked down at his free hand, that would explain why she shoved her nail into his palm was he was fooling around on Saturday.

“Are you both trying to get pregnant?” The doctor asked plainly, Harold looked up from his hand he was pitying, while he listened, up at the doctor.

Jackie looked over at him, they were both taken aback “No” Harold replied.

“Well whether or not you were, it looks like you are, and it looks like you have some very premature signs of a miscarriage.”

“Pardon me?” Harold replied.

“Well just from a short examination, I’m guessing you both are sexually active, and from what I can see from this” he paused scooting over to the light to turn it off, his attendant walked back in with the x-rays handing them to him. He walked over turning on the backlights putting up the x-rays “I’m just suggesting we close this off, if you want to save this baby, if you don’t we can wiat and see if it resolves itself or it could turn worse."

“Honey” Jackie looked at her husband "If we can" she swallowed a little "we should keep the baby." Harold nodded, if God put this in their lap, they'd deal with it as it came.

“How long do we need to wait for a surgery?” he asked looking at her, her eyes were filling with tears.

“Well if we can hold it off I can see about this Friday, to be on the safe side, I’de like to do it as fast as possible. Either way I’m obviously going to recommend you not have sex till the surgery or even after that for a while.”