- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
WooHoo Another :) Chapter
The women appeared in front of him again, her sweet face calling to him, as he was wedged between the seat and the wheel “Come home love” she called Brain could feel her draper her fingers around his thigh, she was a much more sensual character this time. He peered deep into her eyes “Come home” her voice echoed “Brian” she murmured, the light around her growing strong wth each breath he exhaled, he felt her lips touch his breathing into him. Giving him life.

“Come on!” a woman with long blond flowing hair touched her lips to his mouth again, trying to resuscitate him, he coughed, his tongue swept the side of her mouth. “Stay with me” she said trying to break away from what now became a sort of kiss. Her hands graced the lines of his lips.

“What happened?” he breathed out, it was short like he had just finished a jog.

“Breathe it all out,” she said hushing him.




Jolie walked into the waiting room, she had waited with Brian till an on duty EMT arrived, and she was so amazed she was able to get him out. Of course she had help from people who had stopped, but she was the one who got him breathing again. Now she sat down, she felt compelled to wait and she didn’t know why.

“Jole” her ex walked up to her, he could tell she was a little shaken “hey” he said sitting down by her “you want to talk about it?” he asked.

“I just witnessed the craziest thing ever” she whispered “By all accounts he shouldn’t be alive. It’s like God was protecting him.”

“Come on you and I both have seen so many people cheat death. It’s not uncommon, it’s fate.”

“Fate is a crock” she whispered “God had a hand in this.”

“Ah Jolie, such faith. Tell me, if you have so much faith why do all the patients I see you bring in end up dying on the operating table, or spewing out their guts –“

“Because you don’t believe in them.” She said looking back at him “This is why we can’t get married Ian” she said looking at him coldly “I can’t let my children go through life without something to have faith in.

A police officer let himself in showing his badge, Jolie recognized him from his other sightings around the area “I’m officer Reagan, I was wondering if either of you could direct me to where Brian Littrell is”

Standing up Jolie nodded showing him down the hall, Ian followed behind, as the reached the door Ian dryly explained his injuries “How are you related to him?” he asked again. “Because if you aren’t I could be sued on grounds of breaching patient doctor confidentiality.”

“I’m his adopted uncle, in a way” Dirk smiled reassuringly “His parents are in Virginia – they’ll want to know what happened.”

Ian looked at the officer strangely but said nothing, the man sighed.

“Also I need to tell you that if anyone. Need I repeat this again. Anyone asks what’s happened or requests his name don’t say anything. I mean not a word leaves your lips, or anyone else’s inside this hospital for that matter.”

“Might I ask why?” Ian asked.

“Well, it’s just that he’s on the tip of the biggest musical break in his life. He’s with a group, and they’re making it big. The less news about this the less trouble you have in your ICU.”




The phone rang loudly in Kate’s ear, served her right for talking to her boyfriend all night. She wouldn’t have been surprised if her dad was listening into her conversation. Nonetheless now the dumb thing was ringing off the hook. She woke up but didn’t hear the next ring.

“Hello” Harold picked up the phone, he had just barely fallen asleep “Hello?” he repeated.

“Harold -” Dirk replied in a solemn voice.




Sydney marched down the hall, her hands shaking it had taken a lot of begging to pine a ticket from someone to go and see her boyfriend, now she was trying to figure out where her boyfriend was “Excuse me, do you know where Brian Littrell’s room is?” she asked.

“Sorry he’s not staying here ma’am” the women replied.

“That’s ridiculous” Sydney scoffed back “I know he’s here. His parent’s are on their way here, I just spoke to them.”

“I’m sorry ma’am unless you’re family I can’t let you back there.” The women replied. Sydney ran her hand along the counter in a moment of despair looking down, and then she remembered her phone.

She picked it out from her purse and dialed the Littrell’s number “Jackie!” she said as she heard Brian’s mother answer the phone “It’s me, Sydney. They won’t let me in.”

“What sweetie I can’t hear you” Jackie replied watching as her husband drove like a maniac through the Kentucky traffic ‘Harold please be careful” she begged watching the rain poor down over the windshield.

“Jackie, I need you to tell the attendant that I can go in.” Sydney repeated hoping the shorter her message the more Jackie would hear.

“Sweetheart the storm out here is just to much. I can’t here a word you’re saying; we’ll be there in a half an hour. God willing.”

“Wait, Jackie” Sydney tried, but the connection was lost “grr” she shoved her phone back in her purse “You have to let me in.”

“I’m sorry ma’am. I’m on strict orders” the women replied.

Sydney walked to the door looking outside at the pouring rain, waiting for the Littrell’s to arrive.




Harold pulled the car up and let his wife and daughter’s out while he parked the car. Jackie came running in, rushing up to the front desk “I’m looking for my son. Brian Littrell” she said wiping a strand of wet hair away form her face.

“Up the stairs and to the right, he’s in room 215” the women replied.

“Thank you, my husband will be in shortly, he’s parking the car.” She said rushing her children along. “Grace, Kate” she called to her daughter’s both followed her.

Harold walked in a short time later, he walked to the front desk ‘I’m here to see my son, Brian –“

“Up the stairs and to the right, it’s room 215” the women repeated mechanically. Harold nodded and wandered up the stairs.




Jolie sat in the room, not quiet sure what was keeping her in her place, as she sat and waited she heard the door open.

A women, with a small frame, walked in, her two daughter’s behind her. Jolie stood up walking to them “I’m sorry’ she said introducing herself “I’m Jolie Clarke, I’m an EMT, I just happened to be there when your son crashed.” She explained.

The women blinked, a little confused, but smiled apparently pleased though “Thank you.” She smiled kindly.

Jolie felt the awkwardness of her being there creep upon her; she smiled shortly and let herself out of the room, leaving Brian’s Mom and his sisters to sit with their family. As she walked down the hall she immediately recognized Brian’s father, she could see they looked almost identical, except for some slight features she could see his mother could claim.