- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Added another chapter
When his eyes the first person he saw was his mother, a relieved smile had swept across her face, as she peered over at him.

“Where am I?” he asked feeling his stomach churn uncomfortably. “What happened?”

“You are in the hospital because you were in an accident” his mom replied.

“Why are you here?” he asked, he didn’t know why he was being so snippy with his parents, but he was.

Clearly hurt his mother moved back to the cover of her husbands arm letting Brian’s girlfriend step forward.

“Someone hit you, you were in a car accident baby.” Sydney explained as she looked at him. Grace and Kate stood back by their parents looking at their brother confused at how bitter he was.

“I’m fine, I want to get out, I want to get out of here.” He mumbled trying to sit up.

“No Baby” Sydney tried to lightly push him back. It did nothing, however, when Brian sat up, he felt a sweep of nausea pass through him, he laid back down.

It was like life was so incredibly unfair as he sat in the hospital room for the next four days. Doctors were on constant alert; it was all about something to do with his heart. He had taken tests when his parents flew him down to Kentucky years and years ago after he had returned home. He was supposed to be better however. His heart was supposed to be normal. It wasn’t though now; at least that’s what every doctor at the University was saying.

Brian wanted a second opinion. He didn’t want to go under the knife. Even with Pete being a doctor, Brian wasn’t the willing candidate for surgery, and as he sat in his room he was being pressured even more and more to get back on the road with the boys.

When he was finally released from the hospital Brian flew back to Florida with his girlfriend, he had his own house in Winter Park. He spent his remaining days trying to think what he was going to do.

He had not the will to want to postpone his tour for a surgery; the boys were at the top of their game. They had just released their second album.

Now he sat on his oversized couch with the remote in his hand, he was flipping through the channels lazily. He had not strength to go anywhere, so ESPN and South Park had become his way of just hanging.

He turned the television off seeing there was nothing to watch, waiting for something to happen. He didn’t know why but ever since he got out of the hospital he had offended everyone. He had lashed out at his parents, ridiculed his sisters. His older brother didn’t even bother to come and visit him, not that they spent that much time together. He was even short with his girlfriend.

“Hey Baby” she walked into view, coming up to him kissing his mouth.

“Hi” he said lazily looking at his coffee table where he had a few aluminum cans of pop laying around and a popcorn bowl halfway full.

“I’ve got something for you” she smiled pulling his chin back towards her.

“What?” he asked, not really interested, he had lost interest in everything lately.

“Close your eyes” she smiled; he looked over to the side, annoyed but gave in sighing and closing his eyes. She moved her mouth in close kissing him sensually. Moving her hands along his chest. She sat in his lap kissing him debauchedly.

“I’m to tired” he said moving his back from the back of the couch to the side so he could lay down, feeling her move over him. Using her teeth to take nibbles at his ear.

“You love this” she smiled her fingernails running along his cheek.

“I do” he replied as she propped herself over him.

“Come on, let’s leave this world” she smiled.

“We can’t,” he growled sitting up, moving her off of him. He stood up and walked towards the counter in his kitchen. Sydney leaned over the couch watching him rest his hands against the sink.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing” he replied, of course something was. He was just in an accident, lightning flashed again, he was having nightmares still. His band mates wanted to go back on tour, his manager was making no room for a surgery. He didn’t want the surgery, but he would be only accepting an excruciating death. He had pushed his parents away, literally, so he couldn’t talk to them.

“Baby” Sydney stood up and walked over to the counter, sitting on it beside him.

“Everyone wants something from me.” He said frustrated looking up at her “we’re supposed to be on the second leg of this tour. I just got out of the hospital. My parents want me to do this surgery. The managers don’t give a shit about it. Everyone thinks I was drunk when that car ran into me.”

“No they don’t” she said picking up his hand “Your parents love you, and the boys will understand – Brian you need to do this surgery.”

“I don’t want to” he said looking sideways at her.

“Maybe you should spend the rest of this break up in Virginia, with your parents. I mean you know it might help you sort of relax.” She said softly.

“I don’t want to go up there.” He said shortly “That’s why I came down here. That’s why I didn’t go up there and why I was down in Kentucky.”

“Because Baker was home.” She said feeling his chin with her thumb.

He nodded “It’s great to know your own flesh and blood hates you enough to not care if you’re dead or not. Mom and Dad know that’s why I’m not going up there.”

“Of course they do, but why are you –“

“They can always come down here, they just choose not too. I told them they could.”

“How, Baby? When you’re always gone, how are they supposed to see you when you’re on tour –“

“I don’t know. Pete and Pam would’ve come.” He said looking down at the sink.

Sydney looked at her sundress, seeing he was playing with the folds, slowly slipping his hands under their soft cotton fabric.

She decided to leave his statement as was, though she know the Littrell’s and Bensons were too completely different people. The Littrell’s didn’t fly all over the world for trips. They stayed home, enjoying each other’s company, Brian had a lot of that in him, but since he and Baker had their fall out he didn’t want to go anywhere near Baker was, which usually was someplace near his parents.

Softly she felt as his hands pushed her hair away from her face “I’m sorry. I’ve been a real pain since I woke up. I just –“

“You’re sick” Sydney whispered looking up at him a tear streaming down her face. He whipped It away from his hand looking into her eyes.

“Can you take me away?” he asked, his question was pure innocence. He was through fighting reality.

She touched his lip with her finger touching the moister around his lips; she leaned in kissing his mouth feeling him kissing her back, moving his waist in between her legs.

Her fingers lined his hard body, even with the folds the navy blue cotton shirt he wore, she could feel every inch of his specimen. She let her hands slide down under his shirt, towards the lining of his pants; she undid his belt pulling it from the loops. She moved onto his lap wrapping her hands around the back of his neck, feeling his hands. She felt his hands as they moved up her thigh slipping up under her summer dress, tickling the back part of her thigh near her butt.

She giggled which gave him another rouse; he moved his hands to the back of his shirt pulling it off from the collar, throwing it down beside him.

“Come on baby” she coaxed him, smiling, her lashes batting at him. He picked her up walking up the stairs to his room, laying her down on the bed as they reached it.

He climbed on top of her she felt his hands tugging at her shirt, she pulled it off quickly, and undid her bra.




Jolie sat in the hospital; she had seen the Littrell’s leave in a shamble. It was something about prior obligations that Brian’s dad had to go to, and how the rest were not going to go with Brian back to his house in FL.

“Hey Hottie” Ian walked up to her, pinching her butt.

“Stop it” she said pushing his hand away “We’re not goether anymore remember, and even if we were –“

“You still upset that kid didn’t ask you for your number?” he bantered.

“No” she said, and then sighed quickly “Yes.”

“He had a girlfriend, duh.”

“They didn’t look very happy.”

“Jolie, come on. He was a jerk.”

“He was on this medication and stuff. That’s what was making him so mean, you know it does it to everyone.” She replied in his defense.

“Whatever” Ian replied, “I still think he’s a jerk.”