- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
WoooHooo!!!! MORE UPDATES :)
Giggles came louder, and he felt small whiskers brush up against his face, the man was playing with him, “How does that feel?” the man asked watching with a smile.

“It tickles” the child confessed happily pushing the man’s cheeks together prickly hair poking into his small palms and fingers.

“It tickles huh?” the man smiled and laughed, blowing on his stomach, he giggled again.

“You need a shave” a female voice was heard but was out of view for him to see. The man stood up and walked in the direction of the voice.

“I will” he said softly. “Brian.”

Brian sat up in his bed feeling Sydney’s naked body beside him the house was dark.

“Brian?” he heard a sleepy whisper come from Sydney, he felt sick like he wanted to throw up. He sat back amongst the covers, feeling her move, her hand on his chest, her head tucked into his neck “what’s wrong?”

“Just a dream.” He murmured. He knew who the man was now, it was his dad, and the women’s voice was his mom. What he couldn’t gather is why the dreams were still prodding his mind. He and his parents had come to the agreement that he would never fully regain any knowledge of what had happened before Peter and Pamela found him.

Still after dreaming again about the shoe and the pond, he had traveled down to Kentucky; somehow thinking it would help him remember. So much for that idea – it did nothing. He didn’t remember the place, he couldn’t tell his parents he was still thinking about it either.

“What was it about?” Sydney asked pulling his thoughts from his past actions.

“Nothing” Brian replied, he rubbed his head “I think maybe we should spend some time apart.” He whispered, shocked by his own words as they left his lips.

“What?” she asked.

“I need some time alone. I just want to be alone.” He replied looking up at the ceiling.

“Brian what is wrong with you?” “You don’t want me to see you then you want to have sex, and then you just want to drop this like nothing happened? What is wrong? Something’s wrong and your not telling me. What are you hiding from me?”

“I don’t know. I want to be alone.” He said

“Fine” she said angrily pulling away from him getting out of the bed “You’re a real screwed up person Brian” she threw her promise ring at him walking out of the door still struggling to put her sundress back on.

Brian sighed licking his lips then biting them, lying alone in his bed.




Alex got out of the car and walked up to Brian’s house knocking on the door. He had called Jackie to ask how Brian was doing, he had just barely heard about the incident.

“Hey Mom Littrell” he said enthusiastically.

“Alex” Jackie answered watching her daughter travel into the dance studio she was attending. “How is everything in Florida?” she asked hearing a space between their conversation.

“Good” he replied “How is Brian feeling and doing?” he asked.

“Well I assume” Jackie replied her other line was ringing “Alex this is my husband I need to take it can I call you back? We’re supposed to be flying to Washington State today.” She explained.

“Sure. So, really fast, where is he?” Alex asked feeling like he was getting his last two breaths into this conversation.

“He’s home sweetheart” Jackie replied urgently “In Georgia, Harold dropped him off earlier this week.” She paused hearing the phone click though “I’m sorry Alex I need to get this.”

Alex hung up the phone and made a flight arrangement to Alberta Georgia to meet his absent band ma te. Now as he stoud at the door he saw Sydney walking out.

“Hey Cid” he said enthusiastically, in his mind there was no way that he could miss the opportunity to harass Sydney – how could you not be expected to call her cid if it’s a derivative of Sydney to say – she was asking for it. Somehow though it was an attack on her femininity, or perhaps it opened up a scar from when she was a child. Whichever the reason AJ was not about to let the opportunity slip by this time, even if she looked like she was about to blow up.

“You are such a pig” she growled as she passed by. AJ turned to watch her make her way to her diagonally parked car, just as she passed over the sidewalk over one of the cracks, the heel of her shoe broke “Ahhhhhh” she yelled cursing her shoe, he pulled them off her foot and continued to vehement as she got into her car and shut the door.

Laughing a little at her mishap he turned again to make his way inside the house calling up to the recently hospital released friend of his/

“B-Rok!” he called up the stairs wondering where the heck he was hiding.



He heard AJ calling from the foyer down the stairs and knew unless he wanted to be seen naked he would have to act fast.

“I’m here. Hold on.” He said getting out of bed, searching for his clothes, the conversation he had with his dad ran through his head as he started to get dressed.

“What do you want to do with your life Brian?” he asked looking over at his son.

“I already know that. I’m singing and I have a girlfriend and everything.”

“Do you want to marry her?” his dad asked simply “I may be a bystander in this relationship of yours but I see you two hitting rock walls at every other turn.”

“We’re fine.” Brian said defensively “I don’t want to get married right now, I don’t know if it’s to her either.”

“Then why are you having sex with someone else’s wife?” he looked squarely back at Brian.

“Oh great, here we go on the morals again.” Brian scoffed “Not everyone’s old fashioned and everything dad.”

“So what would you say if I had a relationship outside of my marriage with a co-worker. It’s not that it’s old-fashioned Brian, it’s that hopefully you would expect the person you are marrying or dating to be respectful to you and to their future spouses.” Harold sighed “Sydney doesn’t want to get married she doesn’t want kids, and she wants her career – Is that what you want?”

“I don’t know” Brian glared back “I just got out of a car accident, I didn’t have an epiphany Dad!” he growled getting out of the car and slamming it shut.

Since then he was tossing the thought in his head. He had two wonderful examples of how a family could be a wonderful event. He just knew deep down in his heart he didn’t want his wife to by Sydney. She was sweet and caring in every respect but she simply did not want to be a mother. It was evident because she had a career she was well into and also because of her belligerence to stay and move up the ladder.

Then as he was thinking about how rude he had been to his mother, he realized it was because of Sydney. She would turn him against them, then play off of it to make him feel guilty till he succumbed to her and what she wanted.

He was again sucker-punched into her ways again, perhaps the crash wasn’t a strike but it had made him realize he wasn’t happy with his situation.