- Text Size +
“Man you look horrible” AJ said as Brian made himself present and walked down the stairs “I just called Mom Littrell and got the information.

Brian scratched his head but said nothing.

“Hey so the boys want to have a meeting to see when we’re going to get back on the road” AJ announced trying to get Brian to talk.

“We just got off of a break and how you want me to go touring?” Brian asked.

“Well, no, just to a meeting” AJ said defensively “Where was Cid going?”

“She’s gone, left, we’re split up, parted” Brian said annoyed.

“OK dude this accident has made you all psycho.” AJ said.

“Will you please just leave” Brian growled walking into his kitchen; he grabbed a beer from the fridge dropping his head back while taking a gulp of the alcohol.



“Harold” his eyes turned up from the paper he was reading to look at his wife who was calling up the stairs, not seeing he was lounging in his chair in his office.

“In here” he replied putting it down, watching as she came in,

“You’re a grandpa” she said flatly.

Harold put his reading glasses down, Baker and Lucy had been married for three months. Brian never showed at the wedding, just to rub the fact that he hated his brother more so even with the time and distance that their grown years provided. Now though, Lucy was pregnant? That wasn’t something he knew Baker was planning on. In fact, he had heard from Jackie, Lucy had been taking birth control pills so they didn’t have an ‘oopsy’ while they were traveling around the army bases.

“I’m confused, aren’t they supposed to wait something, like a month or something before trying to have a child, I mean with that stuff.” He wondered, he was no expert on the subject.

“Sydney is pregnant” Jackie replied. “It can only be Brian’s.”

“I would’ve thought such femininity would make her more on ball” he said under his breath, than realized the pun he was playing and faked a gag “Does Brian know?” he asked.



Brian’s Southwest Flight landed in Kentucky at noon. He thought he would rub it in the boy’s face for not being there when he was ill. Why should he show to a meeting, when they expressed no interest in his life? Not only that, he had found sanctuary in this small place. He bought a house, in Lexington, his parent’s old place. Offering the current owners more than they could bargin for. He wanted to know what had happened that day when he was lost. What he didn’t know however were that the owners were also the parents of the nurse – he forgot her name.