- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Two Chapter Update... Yeah they were both smaller. :) STILL THEY ARE UPDATES! WooHooo The BROCKSTER StORY Lovin' is here!. lol. ENJOY!
The house would have looked good in it’s day, however lack of renovation on the part of the past owners, the house still looked like it was stuck on the edge of the seventies. The carpet was a puke-ish orange with white bead boarded walls and the large yellow flowered prints in some of the rooms.

None of it’s putridness brought back memories, on the contrary, it made him feel like he didn’t belong. As he walked around the front room, he could see the fog surrounding the morning sky.

The sound of a doorknob turning drew his eyes to the opening door, there in the crack he saw a small hand move between the small crack to remove the chain lock “Stupid door” he heard in a small whisper “Mom, Dad!” the voice said a little louder.

“They don’t live here anymore” Brian said back, his hands stuffed in his pockets watching her hand stop trying to undo the lock and a face peer in-between the door and the front wall.

“What?” her eyes were large and brown searching for the person she was now talking to.

“You’re on my property lady.” he said, “Your folks moved out yesterday.”

“Uh No.” the women responded brusquely, “I just spoke to them - You know I could have you arrested for trespassing!”

“I bought this house,” he said walking closer to the door “Ok.”

“But” the women was so confused, suddenly she backed up from the door and picked out her cell phone from her purse. She punched her fingers over the various numbers then placed it to her ear swiping a strand of curled hair from her face.

Listening patiently, Brian waited for her to talk to whomever she had dialed, after she hung up the phone she looked back at him, perplexed.

“They said you bought the place for two million – you gave my parents – wait.” She paused her eyes squinting as she abruptly recognized him “You’re, you. Ooohhh” she looked at him, her eyebrows turned down in frustration and anger.

“What?” it hit a funny bone he didn’t know he had watching her nose curl up as she snarled at him.

“You’re that little brat that ran a red light, the one that was in the hospital”

The voice, the face, it came back to his mind, like song “Excuse Me,” he said placing his hand over his chest “I believe you’re the one on my property.” He said, he smiled a little seeing her jaw drop in shock.

“I saved your life” she growled back, then shook her head “I shouldn’t have though” she said bitterly walking down the steps taking her leave.

“Have a nice day” he said, wondering himself why he made the investment. Nonetheless now he was alone again, in the house that held the memories of his past. Padding over to the steps he looked at the stairs, the wood was fading, it’s rich luster ripped away by years of wear and tear from toys, tools, and undyingly energetic people. “Now what” he asked himself, this new door he had opened just seemed to hold empty space, nothing worth probing, or at least he thought. He peered at the stairs again, noticing one stair was particularly shorter than the others on one side.




“Stay away from here” a voice said, as his small eyes fixed on the exposed stairway “Damnit, one of the pieces is to short”

“Daddy” the boy said scared, the stories that his brother had told him to scare him away from the stairs were now taking shape, the man was braced over a set of stairs, he stood up on one of the cross boards looking down at the situation as he braced himself by the much older banister.

“Shit” he said under his breath, the child smiled recognizing the word repeating it proudly. Shocked the man started towards him, unaware of the drop-off, and set of crossboards moved over accommodating the shorter and more individualistic step, his foot slipped, bracing his wait suddenly on the banister, the railing caved under his wait, his foot twisting as he fell sideways.




Brian blinked, looking at the stairs, his feet frozen to the tiled floor as an unshakable fear sucked through his breath.

“Come on” he told himself, looking down at his foot, it was as heavy as lead as he lifted it from the white tile, “why am I getting all berserk about this” he asked himself forcing his feet forward, ‘because some people are just supposed to be invincible’ he thought to himself, he took a shallow breath and started up the stairs. As he made it to the top he heaved a sigh of relief, he wasn’t sure what made him scared of the stairs, nothing was coming to mind, but for some reason it clicked as to why his parent’s house in Virginia wasn’t wood.