- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This isn't really a graphic story of any type, but, just to give that warning, read at your own risk.
P.S. This story is dedicated to Carla, who gave me so much wonderful feedback, promoted my stories and nominated me for my fanfiction awards! Thanks Carla!
Chapter 1
December 21st, 2005

Win couldn’t wait to be back on tour with the rest of her family. She missed AJ, Latecia, Gina, Daemon, Dennis, just everyone. She missed just being around everyone she loved. She’d spent the last month before tour with Denise, after… she didn’t want to think about what merited the after.
Denise was more than happy to have Win stay with her. AJ had asked Win to stay with him but she quickly declined saying that Denise deserved some of her quality time.
After Thanksgiving something happened. Win had been staying with Nick at his parents’ house for the holidays. Three days after Thanksgiving, Win called Denise and asked if she’d like some company for a while. After Thanksgiving AJ had gone back to Florida. No one knew what happened, and Win would not talk about it. Nick was not saying anything either, and as far as anyone knew, they were not speaking to one another.
Win did not act like anything was wrong. In fact she acted as though her life could not have been better. In many ways it couldn’t have been better. As an early Christmas gift, the guys and the wives had started a foundation in Winifred’s name and handed Win the keys to the foundation headquarters. They solicited to a number of celebrities, had a giant gala and collected over ten million in funds to be used to help abandoned children and homeless young adults.
Win was busier than ever taking phone calls, turning down offers from numerous different people about roles in almost every entertainment industry. Now she was focusing on getting a staff together so they could get the foundation up and running.

Win was busy running back and forth from her room to the living room trying to gather all her things. She had her phone pressed to one ear while she talked rapidly to the person on the other end of the line.
“Hello? Hi, yes, yes, we’re starting the scholarship program first. Uh huh, yeah, I started work on the applications a week ago. No, they’re not finished. Yeah, we’re starting in Pennsylvania only, no no, just former foster kids, homeless young adults, that kind of thing. Um hum, no, no, we will be expanding, it’s just that I got this not even a month ago, I want to start somewhere, otherwise we’ll spend all the time planning. Yeah, basic requirements, they must have a part time job, keep their grades up, follow school rules, no drugs or alcohol, and attendance, mandatory unless they are sick and then they need a doctors note. Um, just give the application to anyone who wants it, we’ll have to sort through them anyway. Okay, yeah, yeah.”
She had to hurry, AJ would be arriving in less than an hour and she still had to get to the airport and get checked in.
Everyone was taking separate flights to Europe. Win had been fine with this, but AJ said that there was no reason for her to fly alone when he could fly into Maryland and catch a connecting flight with Win to their destination.
Win found it futile to argue with him and really it wasn’t even an issue to really argue about. Besides, it would be nice getting to see him and Latecia again, and it was a really long flight, this way she wouldn’t be lonely.
With her bag packed, Denise rushed Win to the airport with just enough time to get through the metal detector lines. Win was rushing to the gate with her carryon in one hand and Jack’s cage jangling in her other hand. AJ was waiting at the end of the terminal with Latecia in arms.
“It’s about time you got here! We’re gonna miss the flight!” AJ said laughing as Win doubled over to catch her breath.
“Latecia, baby, come see your grandma!” Denise said taking Latecia from AJ’s arms for a second.
“We only have a minute mom, what, don’t I get a hug!” AJ said indignantly.
“I know, I know, hey boy,” Win said standing up and throwing her arms around AJ, carryon, rat cage and all.
“You lost a little weight, what happened mom, I thought you were supposed to keep her fattened up!” AJ laughed squeezing Win tightly in his arms.
“You did too, Latecia must have kept you on your toes,” Win said letting go.
“She did, didn’t you baby?” AJ asked taking Latecia back from Denise.
“Winnie! I missed you so much!” Latecia said lunging from her father’s arms to hug Win around the neck.
“Me too little miss Leti,” Win said, surprised when Latecia flung her arms around her neck.
“Winnie, you have to come live with daddy again, he’s so sad without you there!” Latecia exclaimed when she let go. AJ turned a slight shade of red and said,
“Latecia, now you know that’s a secret!”
“You two better get going, it’s last call,” Denise said giving Latecia a kiss.
“Yeah, now remember mom, you are coming to meet us in Barcelona in March,” AJ said setting Latecia down to give his mother a hug.
“Yes I remember, you need to stop worrying about me Alex,” Denise said giving him a squeeze.
“I’m sorry, I can’t. Oh, and the offer is still on the table, I mean it, you can go and live in my house while I’m gone, I’m sure Edith would love for you to be there, especially since she’s letting Latecia stay with us till September.” AJ said giving his mother a whiskery kiss.
“Daddy, can we go now?” Latecia asked shaking his pant leg.
“In a minute sweetie, come here for a second,” Win said kneeling down and calling Latecia over to look in Jack’s cage. AJ looked down at his daughter and smiled.
“Alexander, I am going to be fine by myself, but I will go visit Edith, don’t you worry, now go, if you miss your flight,” Denise started,
“We’ll just get another ticket and go on the next one, or I’ll rent a helicopter to take us, mom, don’t worry about it, but remember, you need anything, at all, you call me, okay? Are you sure you don’t want to come with us for Christmas ma?” AJ asked again.
“Yes, yes, Alex, okay, I will, and no, I already have plans for Christmas, you be with your friends and your new little family, now go!” The stewardess was getting ready to close the door.
“All right! Bye mom, I love you!” AJ said scooping up Latecia and running toward the door.
“Thanks for everything Denise, really, you’ve been the best.” Win said giving Denise a hug.
“You are very welcome, I’ll see you in March!” Win smiled and dashed in AJ’s trail to the stewardess waiting to close the door.

“Oh I’m so glad we’re on our way back to the tour,” Win sighed as she sat down opposite AJ and Latecia.
“Really?” AJ asked sarcastically.
“Yes really! I missed everyone,” Win replied smiling.
“Winnie, you want to color with me!” Latecia asked pulling out her crayons and coloring book.
“Sure, you come sit over on this side with me, we’ll just let Jack sit next to your daddy,” Win said wiggling her eyebrows at AJ. As Latecia buckled Jack’s cage into the seat next to AJ, Win laughed when she saw the recoiling look on his face.

After about two hours of coloring, Barbie dolls and storybooks, Latecia was tired. She fell asleep in the seat beside Win, curling up with an airplane pillow and blanket.
“Why don’t you come over and sit with me, let her sleep,” AJ said.
“All right, hang on a second, hand me Jack,” Win replied. Win and Jack traded seats so that she and AJ were next to one another.
“So what’s the story?” AJ asked.
“What story?” Win replied confused.
“What happened? Why did you go stay with my mom after Thanksgiving?”
“I don’t want to talk about it.”
“Win, please, my mom was really worried about you, I’m worried about you.”
“AJ, if I wanted to talk about it, I’d say, AJ, I want to talk about it.”
“You just said it, now spill,” AJ replied.
“AJ,” Win growled, but he pulled down his sunglasses, lifted an eyebrow and replied,
“Now I care about you a lot, but call it being a man, I can’t figure everything out on my own, now tell me what happened.” Win sat back and looked at him. She thought back to the events of last month. A giant pang hit her in the region of her throat. It felt constricted.
“Why don’t you ask Taylor.” Win replied looking away.
“What about Taylor?” AJ asked confused.
“What just happened to Taylor?” Win asked exasperated.
“He quit the tour, he took a job in his home town, what does that have to do with anything?”
“What else happened?” Win asked.
“He and Jen split up, so what does that have to do with you?” AJ asked, still not getting it. Win huffed.
“God you are a man. Fine, I’ll tell you. Taylor found out Jen was cheating on him.” Win replied.
“I still don’t get what that has to do with you, other than the fact that you and Jen are friends,” AJ replied.
“Just think about it for a minute, okay?” Win replied looking at him with an exhausted stare.
AJ sat back and thought for a minute. What could Jen, cheating on Taylor have to do with Win? Win and Jen were friends. They’d met on tour, she shared a room with Jen. She was also a friend with Taylor. It was a big shock to everyone when they found out Taylor was leaving, the guys had known him for years, and he had been on the Millennium and Black and Blue tours. No one could believe that Jen would do that to Taylor. But other than that, the details were non-existent in the eyes of everyone besides Jen and Taylor. No one even knew what Jen had actually done besides “cheat.”
He thought back to the conversation he’d had with Nick right after Win had left California. Yes of course something was wrong and no he didn’t want to talk about it. He had his hands full enough trying to take care of Jen. She was so upset after Taylor yelled at her in front of everyone.
“Nick and Jen!” AJ hissed harshly, ripping off his sunglasses.
“Took you long enough,” Win replied with pursed lips.
“How did you, when did you?” AJ asked bewildered.
“The night before Thanksgiving, Jen and Taylor showed up for dinner, they’re both friends of the family, so of course everyone was there. Well they stayed overnight, I was staying in one of the guestrooms, Nick had his old room, his parents have that old fashioned rule. Anyways, the next day, I woke up first, and went to get Nick up, you know, cause he wanted me to watch the parade on TV with him. I knocked on his door, but he didn’t answer,” at this Win felt her windpipe constricting again.
“Winnie, what happened sweetie?” AJ asked taking her hand in his and squeezing it tight.
“He and Jen were wrapped up in each other, sleeping soundly. He had a smile on his face. The bastard had a god damn smile on his face,” Win said gritting her teeth.
“Honey I’m sorry,” AJ replied.
“No, no, it’s not that. I was the stupid one. Everything I went through, all the stupid teenage bull shit! Just that crap, the shit that I did to you, just to be with him, dammit I was so stupid.” Win said hitting the armrest. She couldn’t look at AJ.
“Hey, don’t beat yourself up. We all did things we regret. But Win, you just tried to be happy, you can’t blame yourself for that,” AJ said trying to look at her.
“We just made such a big deal out of being together. Made you so angry that you did something you would never have done,” Win replied.
“I was the one who decided to try and hit Nick, that had nothing to do with you, or even him. I decided to hit him.” AJ said grabbing her chin and making her look at him.
“I know we weren’t ‘together’ all that long, but we were friends, I thought I knew him better than that.” Win replied, refusing to cry.
“Did you talk to him about it?” AJ asked.
“No. I stuck around long enough to see the fight between Jen and Taylor in front of the laid out turkey dinner. I grabbed a hotel room. Spent the entire day in bed then called your mother. That’s all that happened.” Win replied looking up at AJ, his eyes sincerely sorry for everything that had happened to her. His hand still rested on her chin.
“I’m sorry he did that to you Win, I really am.”
“So am I,” Win said casting her eyes away. AJ let go of her chin and looked away also.
“Win, do you ever think about, about where we might be if I hadn’t screwed up?” AJ asked fumbling with his sunglasses in his lap.
“Every day,” Win replied immediately. He looked up at her quickly. She leaned back against the headrest of the seat and smiled at him.
“Why the hell did you shave your hair off?” she asked.
“What?” he laughed.
“Your hair, you got the convict looking thing happening,” she replied rubbing her hand over his peach fuzz haircut. She went to pull her hand away when he said,
“Don’t stop.” She slid her hand down the back of his head to his neck.
“What do you want me to do?” she asked looking into his eyes.
“What do you want to do?” He asked concentrating on the feeling of her hand brushing against his skin again. So many memories flooded back to him in that touch. The day they met, dancing with her at the party, laying with her in the bunk, their first kiss, the first time they made love. He felt his inner core heating and melting at the same time. “Don’t stop touching me,” he thought desperately. “If she stops touching me I’ll die.”
“I want to keep touching you, just like this,” she replied, her fingers brushing up along his neck again, twirling around his ear, crawling across his forehead. He closed his eyes, bowed his head and she continued to touch his face. He felt her other hand reaching up and caress his head as well. He didn’t want to wake up from this dream.
It was as if an explosion took place inside of him when he felt her lips touch the top of his head. He felt a tear sear the inside of his eyelid. She still loved him. That meant everything to him in the world. If he died now, it wouldn’t matter, Win loved him.
She kissed him until he lifted his head and looked at her. Her hands clutched his head as she looked him directly in the eyes. She smiled at him.
“See, I told you daddy! Now you’re happy!” Latecia squealed sitting up. Win turned her head and looked at Latecia, still touching AJ.
“Yes, baby, I am,” AJ replied smiling at her.
“Are you Daddy’s girlfriend again?” Latecia asked grinning. Win looked back at AJ and smiled.