- Text Size +
Chapter 15
December 23rd 2005

“What do you want to do today?” AJ asked when she finished her coffee. She put the cup on the nightstand and turned to look at him.
“I don’t know. This has just thrown me into such a mix up. I don’t mean to be bringing down your holiday or anything,” Win began but AJ quickly cut her off.
“There is no need to apologize. Win, this is your holiday too, I want you to be able to find a way to be comfortable with what happened, find a way to cope, and enjoy Christmas. It’s not your fault, and if you want to be upset for a while, I’m not gonna blame you, and neither will anyone else. Beautiful, you’re welcome to stay here, or you can go back to your room. That’s up to you. I don’t want you to feel that you have to do anything. The most important thing for you to do is figure out how you want to deal with this.”
“I just want to spend time with you, I just want to be with you and Latecia. Do all those things we were supposed to do yesterday. Look at it this way, if they hadn’t done what they did, I never would have met you, I never would have had Elizabeth, and those are a few good things that can cancel out all the bad. As a matter of fact, AJ, I want this to be the best Christmas I’ve ever had. It’s going to be with you, and Latecia, so it already is the best Christmas I’ve ever had.”
“You don’t have to do anything if you don’t feel like it Beautiful, I’m just letting you know. If you want to be left alone, that’s fine. Christmas or not, you did just have a big blow dealt to you.”
“Oh come on, you think I want to sit around here and mope? It’s Christmas, and I’m in Paris with the most amazing man on the planet, and I don’t want to mope around in some hotel room. I say we take Latecia to see the Mona Lisa, go shopping, go for a walk, get insulted by French people and eat snails. Lets do everything in France that you’re supposed to do when you come here!” Win’s face had broken out in a large smile as she spoke.
“You really want to eat snails?” AJ asked with a raised eyebrow.
“That’s the whole point! Have you ever tried snails, how do you know you don’t like them if you don’t try them? And, we should get a Christmas tree, for right here, decorate it with anything we can find, paper, popcorn, gum wrappers, anything!” Win got up and was looking through her bag for clothes to get changed into.
“Are you sure?” AJ asked.
“Yes, yes, hurry, get dressed, go get Latecia!” Win called, waving at him to hurry. He laughed a bit and gave Win a kiss before going to get his daughter.

The morning went fantastically. AJ had to pick up Latecia from Brian and Brianna so he invited them out with him and Win. The six of them had breakfast in a Christmas themed store and restaurant, drinking cocoa and eating toast with powered sugar and jam. Afterwards they went to all the shops of the biggest designers where Brianna found a new dress for her recouped figure. Latecia and Win tried on glamorous hats with large ostrich feather plumes, veils and sequins while AJ snapped pictures.
AJ and Brian modeled sleek suits and stylish hats for their ladies, wives, girlfriends and daughters respectively. AJ paraded around the room like a rooster until Latecia and Win were in a heap of giggling. They bought roses from the vendors on the corners of every street until they had a sufficient bouquet of red, yellow, white and pink roses. They wanted to go to this one posh restaurant, but figured they weren’t dressed appropriately, so they went back to the stores. AJ and Brian got their suits, Brianna a lovely pink gown and silver heels and Latecia in the most adorable green and red silk dress. Win looked stunning in a simple backless black dress, black heels, and an elaborate large brimmed hat, complete with a veil, a faux red fox stole and elbow length black gloves. Once they were changed, they set off for the restaurant.
They ordered one plate of escargo so that everyone could try a bite. Brian didn’t like it, Brianna didn’t care for it, Win ate it, it became Latecia’s new favorite food, and AJ never got to try his. When he tried to get the snail out, it slipped out of his grip, flew across the room and landed in someone’s water glass.
“To escargo!” AJ cheered, lifting his glass.
“To snails!” Latecia added, everyone laughing.
“To Christmas!” Brianna added, raising her glass.
“To adorable little girls,” Win added as she tickled Latecia.
“To AJ and Win!” Brian cheered, and they all clinked glasses, laughing and giggling at all the silliness they had done that day.