- Text Size +
Chapter 19
December 23rd, 2005

“Knock knock, can I come in?” AJ said as he opened the door joining the two rooms.
“Sure, come on in.” Win called from the bed. She had her lap top open and she was busy looking for something.
“Business as usual already?” AJ asked, closing the door and strolling over to the bed. He slipped off his shoes and took a seat beside her, looking to see what she was doing.
“Hardly, it’s two days before Christmas. Besides, Daemon and I cemented all the particulars for the 26th weeks ago. This is a little, personal research.” AJ looked at the website she was browsing. Princeton.edu.
“Personal research?”
“I told you that my biological parents were professors at Princeton, so I thought I’d try and dig up a few things.”
“What are you trying to dig up?”
“I don’t know, some facts about them. What they really do, what their first names are, what books they like to read. I don’t know, anything really. I know I said I didn’t want to know them, that I didn’t need to know, but the curiosity is killing me. I never had parents, I never knew where I came from. I could have a chance to know, all those silly things, that may be insignificant to you, but mean a lot to me.”
“Win, you do whatever you need to do to make peace with this. You want to do this, you do it Beautiful.” He pressed a kiss on her cheek.
“Thanks AJ, for being understanding. You’ve really been great through all of this, you really have. I mean, how many days back into us being an ‘us’ and look what you have to put up with. It’s not fair.” Win replied, closing and pushing the computer away from her.
“I’m not putting up with anything Beautiful, I love you, when you hurt, I hurt. I just want you to know that all of this, all you’re going through, I don’t understand, I can’t imagine what it must be like, but I want to, so I can help you get through it.” He inched closer to her and put his arms around her, pulling her close.
“Yeah?” she asked, turning her head to look at him.
“Yeah, I do.” He laughed and she smiled, leaning into him.
“So you’re not sorry you’re with me again, considering all my past entails?”
“Everybody has a past.”
“Not like mine.”
“Then you wouldn’t be you.”
“But still,” Win continued.
“Beautiful, I love you, okay? And everything that it entails. Besides, what does it matter if we’ve only been an ‘us’ for a day or two? I never stopped loving you like I did, and did you stop loving me?”
“Not for a second.” He squeezed her and pulled her tighter against him.
“Then we always were an ‘us’.”
“Do you want kids?” Win asked. AJ was taken aback by the question.
“Why would you ask that?”
“It’s a simple question, besides we’ve never talked about stuff like that, I’d like to know.”
“Well it’d be kind of presumptuous of me to say I don’t want kids. Considering I already have Latecia, and I would never give her up, never.”
“I mean, do you want anymore children? How many, how many years apart, you know, that kind of thing. What do you want to happen in the future?”
“That’s a loaded question.”
“Yeah, but you can understand where I’m coming from, can’t you?” Win was thinking that he was upset by the question whereas he was overjoyed. He let go of her slightly so that she could see he was smiling. She turned to face him, brushing her fingers over his cheek.
“I completely understand. And what I want is not the only thing that matters. What do you want Beautiful?”
“You first,” she laughed. He smiled and took her hands in his.
“First of all, after this tour, I’m gonna start working on my solo stuff, just as is Brian, Howie and Nick. Work on my clothing company things like that. But, I want to start a family. I never had an exact number of kids, but I do want some, and there’s no ideal number or time for them to come. Putting limits on things like that is dangerous.”
“But you do want kids, right?”
“Yes, I do.”
“Good, so do I.”
“Is there something you’re not telling me?” AJ asked with crinkled brows.
“Hardly. I just wanted to know, that’s all. It’s good to know.”
“Win, are you sure there’s nothing you’re not telling me?” AJ asked. She got up from the bed shaking her head.
“Yeah AJ, I’m pregnant, yup, with twins, no, triplets, yeah. Don’t get carried away yet,” Win said as she approached her closet. AJ wasn’t put off and followed her.
“Win?” he asked, stepping up beside her. He put a hand on her side, stilling her as she was looking through her clothes.
“I just want to know what my future could entail, okay baby? I’m not used to being able to think about the future. I’ve been on the day by day for so long, that it’s just nice to know that I could think about something and plan something other than worrying about where I’m going to sleep, how I’m going to get food. That’s it, okay?” she turned to him.
“Of course, yeah, I’m sorry beautiful, I didn’t mean to push you.” She turned to him and put her arms around his neck, playing with the chain he wore.
“It’s just nice to know that I have something to look forward to. That I have something other than disappointment waiting for me. You’re the best thing I’ve ever had, I don’t want to scare you off.”
“No, no, no Beautiful. You’re not scaring me off. I love that you see a future with me. I do, I’m not afraid of commitment, okay? I’m not, you could never scare me off. I love being a father, I really do and I would love to be with you for the rest of our lives. I’m happy with you, I love you, I love being with you. Nothing could change that.” She hugged him tight, closing her eyes as relief washed over her. She was comforted even more as he wrapped her up is his arms.