- Text Size +
Chapter 4
December 22nd, 2005

The next morning AJ woke up and thinking back to the events of last night, he didn’t want to open his eyes and find it a dream. It was a good possibility that it was a dream. Many times he had dreamt that he and Win had gotten back together, everything was fine between them again and then woke up to find Latecia’s stuffed dolphin in his face and Latecia sitting happily beside him on the bed waiting for him to wake up.
Taking a moment to indulge in his thoughts of Win one more time, he snapped his eyes open and saw a mass of dark hair in front of his face. He felt his hands around Win’s warm body, he hadn’t dreamed. It was all real. He breathed a deep sigh of relief and smiled at the thought that he had the love of his world back in his life.
“Daddy, daddy, are you going to wake up now? Daddy, come on, daddy,” a familiar little voice said from behind his back.
“Daddy is still asleep Latecia,” AJ replied smiling.
“No he’s not! Daddy!” Latecia squealed, jumping up on foot of the bed.
“I take it, we have a visitor,” Win said without moving.
“Yes, we do,” AJ said laughing as Latecia started jumping up and down on the bed.
“Daddy and Winnie are boyfriend and girlfriend again! Yeah, see, now daddy’s happy! And when daddy’s happy, daddy smiles.” Latecia sang to her own little tune. Win and AJ slowly untangled themselves from each other and sat up.
“Good morning Latecia,” Win said smiling. Latecia just keep bouncing until she jumped and flung herself into AJ’s lap.
“Morning Winniefredie! Morning daddy,” Latecia sang happily.
“How is my little liver?” AJ asked kissing her on the top of the head when he could catch her.
“I’m so glad you and Winnie are in love again daddy!” Latecia shouted with glee.
“Me too, are you hungry?” AJ asked tickling her.
“Ha ha, yes, daddy! I’m very hungry!” Latecia laughed.
“What do you say Win, should we head down to the welcome back breakfast?” AJ asked turning to Win.
“Of course I do, I can’t wait to see everyone!” Win said happily.
“Everyone?” AJ asked with a raised eyebrow.
“Almost everyone,” Win remembered wrinkling her nose, “but no worries, lets go, right Latecia?” Win asked plucking Latecia out of AJ’s lap and giving her a big hug.
“Yeah, I want to see the baby!” Latecia giggled.
“So do I, why don’t you go get dressed okay?” Win said. Latecia nodded rapidly and took off to her bedroom.
“What a little rocket,” Win remarked smiling.
“Yeah, she is, come on, lets get this over with,” AJ said hauling himself out of bed.
“Get what over with?” Win asked.
“Everyone figuring out what actually happened,” AJ replied.
“It shouldn’t be that bad, Nick should have said something to at least a few people by now,” Win replied.
“He didn’t, cause I would have heard it from Howie, he tells me everything, even things he’s been sworn to secrecy on. Well, only things he knows he won’t get in trouble for telling me,” AJ replied.
“You know what, I don’t care. Because you know what, the only thing that matters, is that I love you, and we’re gonna be together. Let ‘em talk all they want, it doesn’t matter, okay?” Win said walking around the bed and looking directly in his eyes.
“Are you sure?” he asked.
“Of course I am,” Win replied kissing him on the cheek, “wait for me, I’m just gonna get changed.” Win replied patting his chest.
“Okay, we’ll wait for you,” AJ said watching her walk out the bedroom. He wished he didn’t feel as worried as he did about sharing the truth with his friends. He knew what the reactions would be.
“Right after she bounced off of Nick?”
“It’s a little fast isn’t it?”
“Are you sure she’s not trying to get back at him?” He could hear their questions already. But he didn’t care. She loved him and they were back together.