- Text Size +
Chapter 5
December 22nd, 2005

A few minutes later Win met him in the hall way with Latecia, ready to go to the welcome back breakfast.
“Don’t be so nervous,” Win whispered to him as they rode down in the elevator.
“I’m trying not to be,” he replied grabbing her hand in his.
When they got out of the elevator, AJ couldn’t help but feel nervous and excited all at the same time. A few feet away were the people he considered his brothers. The four other people he relied upon most for their support and opinions. They would be worried that she was playing him. Of course they all loved Win, but their support would still, and always be for him first, they had known him since he was fourteen. They’d spent over ten years living, traveling, eating, sleeping, playing and working together. They were closer to him they could ever imagine being with Win.
Win held his hand as they walked across the lobby to the dining room. Upon entering the room, a great cheer went up from the crowd gathered inside.
“AJ! Win! Welcome back!” Daemon roared running forward and throwing his arms around the both of them, clapping his large hands on their backs.
“Daemon, can’t, breathe!” Win laughed.
“I missed you guys!” he laughed letting them go.
“We missed you too Dae. Hey Latecia, say hello to Daemon,” AJ said picking up Latecia.
“Hey little lady, how are you?” Daemon asked with a grin.
“I got a secret!” Latecia said grinning.
“You want to tell me?” Daemon asked leaning in.
“Yeah, daddy and Winnie are in love again!” Latecia whispered loud enough for Win and AJ to hear.
“Oh really, can you two corroborate that story?” Daemon asked looking from Win to AJ with a superior smile.
“Yes, we can,” Win replied putting an arm around AJ’s waist.
“But I thought you and Nick were dating?” Daemon asked confused.
“We were, but he found himself with Jen, that’s why Taylor left the tour,” Win replied.
“And so you two are back together, even after everything that happened?” Daemon asked.
“Yeah, we are,” AJ replied, his throat feeling scratchy.
“Well that’s great, true love triumphs all! Really guys, I’m really glad, hang on,” Daemon said grinning. He turned around and yelled at the top of his lungs,
“Listen up everybody! Win and AJ just got here, and guess what, the Backstreet Boy’s tour, cutest couple, are back together!” Another cheer went up from the room with applause and whistles.
Soon they were flooded with people. Arms and hands tangled around one another as they were hugged and greeted from all angles. Eventually they were able to get away and were able to greet Brian, Brianna and baby Winnie.
“Hey, there’s our girl! How are you Win!” Brian exclaimed hugging Win tightly.
“Daddy, let me down please, I want to see the baby,” Latecia said squirming.
“It’s so good to see you again too Brian!” Win replied as he let her go and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. AJ let Latecia down to look at baby Winnie sleeping peacefully in her stroller.
“Hey man, long time no see,” Brian said giving AJ the handshake and a manly hug.
“Brianna, how are you!” Win squealed as they hugged.
“Just great! How are you?” Brianna asked as she held Win out to look at her.
“You look great honey, really,” Win remarked at Brianna’s figure.
“Well what about you, you certainly lost a bit of weight since the last time we saw you, you do know what you’re supposed to do at Thanksgiving, right?” Brianna asked.
“Yeah, yeah, I know,” Win said rolling her eyes.
“So what the hell is up with this announcement, and why can’t you be bothered to come say hi to your big brother!” Kevin exclaimed as he and Tessa joined the group. Everyone exchanged hugs and greetings.
“Yeah, really, what is up with this!” Tessa said pointing to AJ’s hand around Win’s waist.
“Win and I, are officially back together,” AJ replied smiling.
“Really? That’s just great guys,” Tessa said smiling and giving Win’s hand a squeeze.
“Incredible, really,” Kevin said grinning from ear to ear. He was happy for AJ, he’d been so depressed without Win all this time. He had said he was happy for Win, but Kevin had known all along, that he would never really be happy about it.
The odd thing though was, what had happened between Nick and Win? No one knew what was going on with Jen and Taylor, and for that matter they had just as much information about Nick and Win. This would turn out to be an interesting holiday.
A little while later Howie joined the party, his flight from Spain just getting in that morning. His family was remaining in Barcelona for Christmas so he could fly back to spend the holidays with them. He had however invited his girlfriend Rene along with him.
Upon hearing the announcement about Win and AJ, he felt it necessary to find out what was going on. As far as he knew, Win and Nick had still been dating, so why the hell were she and AJ now back together? Especially after all the trouble the group had been through with the little love triangle. The fights, AJ cheating on her, breaking Win’s nose and knocking Nick around. Something had to be going on.