- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. However, let me say, this chapter is one of the reasons for the warnings, and the R rating. You've been warned, but enjoy! Hehe.
“As Reality Crumbles”

Chapter Three: Doing What Is Necessary

Alex raced towards Kaorinite’s and Orlando’s room. He could not wait when it came to telling them that Nyxnia now knew he was alive. Now destiny would fall upon him like a crash of tumbling rocks crashing down on one insignificant being with no concern of how he would be crushed. He burst in the room with no concern for knocking. There the two were, leaning against each other talking quietly. The pairs of coffee eyes meet his own with concern. Orlando sits up as Kaorinite pushed a curl away from his face.

“Alex, what is it?”

He sighed and the two knew what he was about to say was far from pleasant. “Its about the dreams…you know Nyxnia is my twin and she had tried to kill me…”

A voice floated through his mind “Then your fate will match Nickoli’s.”

Kaorinite shook her head. “She did not only try, she did kill you.”

It was then he remembered the feeling. His vision faded. The truth was certain. He was going to die. Then darkness. Next he knew only a blinding light before catching a glimpse of his mutilated body falling into the fires below. He saw himself being consumed and the smell of his own body disintegrating filled his nose. He was dead. He wanted to see what happened of his siblings, but before he could he felt a suctioning, and the light he saw faded away. He was falling again…

He opened his eyes. What was this? People walking with freedom. A blue sky above him and he was on soft green grass. He looked up to see beautiful woman with long onyx colored hair, and golden brown eyes filled with compassion. Was this heaven? Had the Gods accepted him?

“No not heaven.” She replied, seeing his thoughts. “Come on, I’m a friend…”


“I thought I had just landed through a portal before I had the chance to die…” He mused, more to himself as the memory faded away.

Orlando shook his head. He and Kaorinite had been destined to be there that fateful day. Had arrived only two weeks before. Kaorinite going by the alias Kaorin, while he kept his own name. A plain name at his home, ironically considered interesting here. They had known he was going to arrive. They just did not know then that it would take the teen’s death to make it happen.

“Your dreams are about your death aren’t they?” She guessed, feeling there was more to what he wanted to say than the dreams that haunted them.

He nodded. “Its worse than that though. Nyxnia and I…we…I could see her, her location, those around her. Some of her thoughts. And she saw me. Where I was. Who I cared about. Some of my thoughts.” He sighed. “She knows I’m alive. And she’s pissed.”

The two guardians shared a glance. They had known this day would come soon. Their world Opalius, in the same reality as Dimonos, yet a different planet entirely. A mystical planet with beings that only existed in movies and fairy tells in the Keyrina realm. There was a story long told of the day one of Dimonos would consume all. Now it was all playing out. It was far more than just a story. So the two most powerful beings were sent to care for the only one who could defeat the one of dark power. Kaorinite, a gifted sorceress born of the Lamina family line. A line of witches and warlocks with some of the highest powers in the Dakria realm. She was to protect Alex and teach him in her ways. Then there was Orlando, a gifted fighter with knowledge of the stories and legends surrounding them all. He knew of fighting techniques lost long ago. He was to guide Alex in battle and meditation, and teach him all he knew.

Kaorinite nodded briskly, her eyes solemn. “That means soon she’ll be going after you.”

Her partner gave her a curious look. “You think she’ll come here?”

“Unlikely, it took Alex’s death to get here. She’s powerful enough to use magic’s to destroy us here however. Don’t underestimate the power she possesses Alex. She will not hesitate to kill you again. She already has once.” Her tone was sharp, as she up, turning a desk lamp on with a simple movement of her delicate hand.

“I still think she has good in her…” he muttered almost inaudibly.

Kaorinite gave him a sharp glance. “Be careful about your feelings in this. They can’t cloud your judgment. We’re not sure what she’s capable of, but my bet is on anything. She’ll get rid of anyone to get what she wants. And that means me, Orlando…and you.”

***********

Nyxnia headed through the palace with a purpose. The lightening had turned into pouring rain so she was soaked, her clothes clinging to her skin, dark sunny locks matted against her head. It felt ironic since it was the same kind of weather that had occurred that fateful night one year before. She knew she had to alter her plan and the thought of doing so enraged her in ways she thought impossible. She had crushed the skulls of guards with her two hands to let out the rage that burned across her mind and yet there was still so much left over as she had left the bodies out for the rats to feast upon. She held a small talisman in her hands, clenched so tightly it dug in her palm enough to draw a small amount of blood. Pain, she relished in it. She had taken it from Alexius’ old room, and bound herself to the essence of her twin that still lingered there. It would be enough once she went through with what she planned to do.

However, she had to be calm and focused. The current levels of fury within her mind would not let her be so. A smirk appeared on her pretty young face. That would soon be fixed. For she had to do something to really draw her father’s attention did she not? And it was something she has wanted to do for some time. Her brother’s old dagger, also taken from his former room, swung from where it was sheathed and strapped at her side. She went for the bride’s bedchambers, separate from her father’s, and burst in without a care. The older woman Parisian turned with surprise, her pale blue eyes steely and cold. No match for the gaze Nyxnia gave her however.

“Nyxnia, I did not hear you knock.”

She smirked at the skinnier, and far frailer woman as she walked in, passing Parisian‘s drink. As she did she waved her hand over it subtly with an almost silent murmur. She was from another world. Not from Opalius the powerful planet her true mother hailed from. Not from Dimonos, but a planet in their realm that had far weaker beings. Why her father chose Parisian, she could never understand. “You can stop with the pleasantries, father is away.”

A smirk appeared on the other woman’s face as well. “Good, so what graced me with your insane presence.”

“I am far from crazy.” The younger one sat upon Parisian’s white bed sheets. The room was a typical one for the wife of a ruler.

“You are far from sane. Sane beings do not kill my son then her twin, and blame it on the dead twin!”

“Heh. Well you never did know me too well. I thought it amusing when you tried to convince father it was I. I am his precious only daughter and he had known we did not get along.” She leaned back against her arms upon the bed. Nyxnia wanted to see her squirm before she act. “He loves me far too much, as it should be.”

“Not enough for you to be promised ruler until your brothers were gone. You killed my Nickoli!”

A chuckle escaped her. “A minor detail. I would have thought you’d want him gone, you never tried to care for him.”

“I’m surprised you did not kill me then as well.” Parisian replied, sipping the drink the other had passed earlier as she sat down in a chair, facing her now.

“I as well should have. You are the reason my mother is no longer here, you took her place. However, it was far too risky to have you die, for me to be connected.”

“So why are we having this pleasant chat?”

Nyxnia watched until the drink was entirely consumed. She watched her glance down as her stomach made an odd thumping noise. Panic entered the other woman’s eyes instantly as she now finally stood, walking around her calmly as if she were just on a daily stroll. The other woman tried to move, finding only her head could do so and fear seeped into her voice as she spoke. “What is this!?”

“I only said it was risky then. Not now. Now I need you. Is that not ironic? Seeing as I denied you. Rightly of course for you have always been only a useless whore to please my far too simply blinded father. What you drank I have enchanted. You will be paralyzed only temporarily, but once it wears off well…” She chuckled as she watched her father’s bride. “It won’t do you any good then now will it?”

“The guards will hear my screams.”

“From the depths of the many levels of hell? Perhaps. Here in Dimonos? Well…” Yet more laughter escapes her. “Unless they can rise after having their miniscule brains bashed to oblivion, I doubt they will help you. Father will not be due back for some time. It is just you and I. Mommy Dearest.”

Fear was so evident in her eyes and she could see the struggle. It was intoxicating to see it in her, something she caused. It almost had the effect of an aphrodisiac to her. She pulled the blade out with a sickening grin. “We’re going to play a little game, Mommy dearest…don’t you want to play a game with your own stepdaughter? By the way, little bit of trivia, even though you cannot move, you will be able to feel… Every. Little. Thing. I. Do. To. You. “ A lovely smile appeared on the young princess’ face. “Now, won’t that be fun?”

“You’re sick, and you are insane! You will be caught!” She screamed in fear.

Nyxnia shook her head as she wagged her finger. “Tsk Tsk Tsk, that’s not how we play the game. You didn’t even let me say the rules.” She pouted mockingly. “Well I guess we don’t need rules. I never liked em much anyway after seeing you and my father break them.” She plunged the blade into Parisian’s leg with a snicker, watching the crimson fluid flow as she dragged up along the thigh, she could feel it scratching the bone. The woman’s head shook as she expressed the indescribable pain. The dark blonde headed one grinned. “Another bit of trivia, I also enchanted the drink to keep you awake no matter how much your body wishes to pass out! I knew you wouldn’t want to miss a thing.”

Tears streamed down the other’s face uncontrollably as Nyxnia continued the drag the blade through her body without once taking it out. She made it turn to the left, letting it dig between the V of the other woman’s legs. She drove in as far as she could reach as a sickening substitute for what her father usually gave the woman. She felt the flesh fall away as she did. ”This is for what stole my mother away. I have to destroy the tool you used…” Blood gushed as if from a fountain and she had the joy of making lovely designs. Had to make it a pretty picture for daddy to see. She drove it up through to her gut. The woman with nothing more than degraded primal thoughts now. Only grunts, screams and groans. She pouted. She hadn’t expected Parisian to degenerate that soon. Well now that was disappointing.

Well, time to finish the job she supposed, while she was still alive. Soon she would die from loss of blood alone. All she heard were choking guttural sounds. Then she finally pulled the dagger out, her hand soaked from the flow of life fluid. She made note to wash her hand later. Then her hand traveled to the stomach once more and carved a hole from where she had just pulled it out from. The flesh fell away as the digestive organs fell out like toys from a child’s chest. Finally, the woman coughed on her blood and her eyes exploded from the crimson fluid as she drove the blade through her ear next through to the other side. The eyes were just a nice side effect from the enchanted drink. Nyxnia stood as she walked to the sink and turned it on with her clean hand. She hummed a tune as she washed the red away from her skin. She used the blade to carve a message within the walls. Then, she headed out, her work done as she left the mutilated body behind.

Nyxnia then went to her own chambers. Her father would return soon so this had to be timed just right. She stared down at her brother’s blade. She knew what she had to do if she were to find him. She waved a hand to write a message for her father upon the dark walls of her room. Then, she drove the blade into her own wrists with a abnormal pleasure. Again and again she did that till her arms were nothing more than the flowing of her own blood. She watched her life flow from her as she drove the talisman she had grabbed into one of the wounds, knowing it would complete her task… As she heard the gate entrance to her home open, she let out a bloodcurdling scream as her father entered the dark and twisted home. Her vision began to blur as the world wavered around her. She felt her heartbeat begin to slow and she felt suddenly weak…

So this was what it is to die.

She saw her body upon the floor as she rose above it. Her father raced into her room, seeing that was the source of the screams. His hands were covered in blood so she knew he had found Parisian. His raven black locks were damp against his head from the fierce storm. He read the message taunting her father “So you thought I was dead?“ It had said, in her brother’s style of handwriting. His jade eyes showed fury overpowering the agony he felt as he screamed with rage as he left the room. No servants to help him and he could obviously not bear to look at his daughter’s body no longer. She felt a suctioning pulling on her. Away from the dark shadows that seemed to want her. She saw a spot on her body’s arm glow brightly beyond her father’s vision. The talisman. The spell. The last thing she heard before she fell into her lost body was him going outside of the room with a final scream of fury.

“ALEXIUS!”

Then, all thoughts of that world vanished, as she was thrust into a new one beyond her understanding…

********

Brian Littrell had a normal life, he lived in his apartment, watching over his little brother Nickolas. Since their mother had died only four years before, he had taken over guardianship so they wouldn‘t be separated. At the age of twenty three he worked a steady job, went to college part time, and cared for his fourteen year old brother. A simple life in their simple apartment. He ran a hand through his strawberry blonde hair as he looked through their fridge for something to cook for dinner. He had sent an ad out for a roommate however, knowing he was having trouble with the new rent rise as of late. No one has responded, which could be well he supposed. Once a roommate moved in, there was a lot he would have to hide. Things he hid from his brother already. Things no one could possibly comprehend. Besides, he had the feeling one would come soon.

He heard a knock at the door, then a yell from his sibling. “I’ll get it!” Then the thumps of running, then a loud crash that could only be Nick. He chuckled and walked over his brother. He who lifted his head up, floppy blond hair about his face as his bright blue eyes dazzled, looking comical tangled up in a large fake plant. Brian opened the door to see a pretty young woman before him. One who he knew was coming. She had short blonde hair, pretty blue eyes, and a face as lovely and innocent as an angel’s.

“Hi,” She said softly. “My name’s Nina Jade, I heard you were looking for a roommate?”