- Text Size +

Nurse Lori wasn’t kidding about it being hell the first couple of days. As much as Kevin tried to be in the studio he kept running off to throw up.

“Are you ok?“ Nadine asked Kevin who bent over the toilet.

“Does it look like I’m ok…Nadine? Just get out, ok.”

She shook her head and walked out. At night she could hear him in the bathroom letting it all out. They all tried to help him, but all he did was kick everyone out. It was hard for her to resist helping him, but she did; it was obvious he didn’t want her help at the time.

One of those days she entered the room anyway. “Kevin?” She called out softly. Her eyes scanned the room and she saw the bathroom light on. “Kevin are you ok?” She asked as she finished opening the door.

“Yeah I’m fine.” He croaked before rinsing out his mouth. “What do you want?” He asked walking past her.

“Well first of all, I just wanted to know if your ok? i'm not understanding why be so nasty to everyone, when all we want to do is help you and be with you through this difficult time. There is really no point to be here if you don't need or want my help, Kevin.” Nadine bit her lip in an attempt to control her emotions.

He sighed heavily, “I’m sorry…it’s just that this isn’t an easy time for me ok.” He sat on the corner of the bed his face in his hands, “I just can’t stand this…it’s no use…I’m going to die anyway. It's so damn stupid to torture myself and everyone else with this fucking chemo.”

Nadine drew close. “No your not…your going to record that album and all this torture with the chemo is going to pay off and you're going to be ok.” She smiled as his sad eyes met with hers. His hands cupped her face and he leaned in taking her by surprise his lips met with hers. 

They had moved onto the bed and Kevin was on top of her. Neither one of them worried about someone walking in on them. It didn’t really matter at the time. His shirt was off and his hands were up her shirt.

Her hands ran slowly over his chest and her fingers caressed the lump where his catheter was placed. Her hands continued down to his pants; she unbuttoned and then unzipped them.

Suddenly Kevin stopped and sprung up off the bed. 

“I can’t do this Nadine.”

“What are you talking about? It‘s ok…I want to.” She smiled pulling him back down towards her.

He looked around a little disorientated. “No really I can’t…I have to go.”

Nadine stood up and headed to her balcony. “Wow, here I am throwing myself at you and you turn me down.”

He looked enraged. “Yeah, I’m sorry…but I can’t.”

Nadine smacked him on the arm and pushed him out. “Get out of my room…” and with that she slammed the door in his face. Kevin stood outside the room with his shirt in hand; just as AJ and Howie walked by they both shrugged with a grin.

“Pissed at you again…that’s bad.” AJ snickered as he headed to the pool.

Later that evening Nick and AJ decided that it was time to take a break and they invited a few people over. Kevin didn’t engage in the celebration, he just watched from the couch trying to pretend to listen to Amanda. When all along his eyes were on AJ and Nick fooling around with half drunk Nadine.

“So why are you drinking now Nadine?” AJ asked as he took a gulp of his unknown drink.

She sighed as she caught a glimpse of Kevin staring at her, “It’s your bandmate, he drives me crazy. He is just too difficult and he drives people to drink.” they both laughed and she joined in.

It was late and Brian, Howie, Kevin and Amanda had called it a day, but AJ, Nadine, Nick and some other friends were still enjoying the night and drinks. Nadine felt a little flustered and dizzy.

“Hey there sweetie your not looking so good…let me help you to your room.” She smiled and hopped into the arms that were extended.

As he laid her down she stared into his eyes, it might have been the alcohol and the turn down by Kevin which made it so tempting to kiss the face she coudln't really make out at the time. 

The next morning she groaned feeling like someone had taken a hammer to her head. But nothing prepared her for what she was going to see next. She sat up and turned to look next to her, there he laid his lower body only covered by her sheet.

“Holy shit!”

Her ‘Holy shit’ was enough to wake him up and send him into a frenzy. They fought for the sheet, until he picked up his pants and threw them on. “What the hell is going on? Oh fuck. Nadine tell me no?”

Nadine just shrugged, as far as she could see, she was only wearing her sheet. She got up and wrapped the sheet around her, while he buttoned up his pants. They were looking at each other trying to figure out what the hell was going; when the door flew open making them both jump.

“Nadine I wanted…to…” Nadine’s eyes sprang open and was devastated by the pain stricken face that Kevin made.

“Hey…maaaan…how’s it going?”

“Well I see that you found someone to do what I couldn’t.” He blurted.

Nadine held her sheet, “Wait it’s not what you think…”

“Right” Kevin laughed as he looked at her sheet, “Hey Nick, I hope you were able to satisfy her.” Nick stood frozen, speechless.

“Kevin please wait…” Nadine walked towards him, but this time he slammed the door in her face.

“Nadine…how did this happen? He is never going to forgive me…never…he’s going to hate me forever now. Well for the time he has.”

Nadine shot him a glare for his comment. “Very funny Nick…I can’t believe this…” She slumped back onto the bed.

Nick took a seat next to her, “You think he will tell the rest of the guys?”

That was the last thing on her mind. She didn’t really care. “I don’t know…who cares.” She whispered heading to the bathroom.

When she came back out, Nick was gone and she couldn't find the courage to head outside and see anyone’s face. After a pep talk about how she lived there and couldn’t hide all day, she took a deep breathe and headed outside. Luckily the first person she saw was Brian, who smiled widely at her. He doesn’t know…he’s smiling…or maybe he knows and that IS why he’s smiling

“Good morning sweetness how did you sleep?”

Is that a joke? Nadine stuttered a little but managed to speak clearly, “Uh fine thanks…how about you?”

Brian smiled once again “Great thanks…went to bed early. I bet you got a hangover…I heard by AJ that Nick had to carry you to the room.”

The color drained from Nadine’s face, “Yeah he did…but then I slept like a log.”

The conversation was interrupted by the rest of the guys including Nick that were heading downstairs to the studio.

They all stopped “Hey nice to see you better…Nick had to help you out last night.” AJ smiled, as he was cut off by Kevin.

“He did more than that…I’ll meet you downstairs.” Everyone looked at each other confused as Nadine and Nick blushed.

“Well we are headed to start with the album, your more than welcome to join us.” Brian said as he headed out to join his cousin.

“Hey are you feeling any better?” Nick asked as he patted her shoulder.

“NO…I’m confused, embarrassed and I know that Kevin is beyond pissed at us.”

Nick smirked “Well frankly he has no reason to be mad Nadine…he hasn't stepped up” He followed the rest of the guys.

"SHUT UP!"