- Text Size +

Nadine made her way to her room and sat on the bed, she let out a heavy sigh as she looked out the window. She wiped at her face frustrated by her situation; she wondered for a minute how she had gotten into such a mess. There was an easy solution to the problem; it was to pack her bags and leave. She stood up and was startled to see Kevin standing next to her.

“I’m really sorry about the way I talked to you out there…” she looked at nothing as he waited for her response.

“As I told you before you are being selfish…you think this whole thing only affects you. You are so wrong…it affects your mother, reason for her putting you in the hospice. It affects the guys, because you’ve taken a part of them away. And…now…it affects me too.” Silence filled the room. “That’s why I’m leaving.” She walked towards the closet.

“Wait please.” Kevin gently grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him, they stood face to face once again. She felt her stomach flip a couple of times as she looked into his sad green eyes, all she really wanted was to hug him. If it was possible give up her life for his.

As he drew near, she closed her eyes and waited for that so desired kiss from him. It never came, because the moment she’d been longing for was once again interrupted.

“What’s going on in here?” The blonde stood in the doorway.

The twosome quickly moved away from each other. “There is nothing going on. I'm a volunteer and my time with Mr. Richardson is up.”

“Amanda this is Nadine, she’s a volunteer for the hospice.”

Amanda raised her brows, “She’s a bit far from the hospice wouldn’t you say.” She folded her arms over her chest and gawked at Nadine.

“Actually, AJ is the one that invited me.”

“Figures. Oh Kevin I've really missed you. We have a lot to catch up on, you should let her finish gathering her things.”

Nadine looked over at Kevin, who seemed a bit torn by his situation. The Amanda woman had come back, like she’d never left. Was he really going to let her just come back? It made Nadine even more mad. She grabbed her suitcase and started to randomly throw things into it.

“You can’t just leave like that…I wont allow it.”

She didn’t say a word and continued to pack her things. “You have your friends and now…your wife. My assignment is complete since you won't be returning to the hospice.”

Amanda scrunched her nose, “Your mother threw you in a hospice, that's awful. We really need to talk Kevin.” Amanda interrupted again; this time annoying Nadine, who wanted to ask her nicely to shut up.

“Go! You should definitley inform your wife of the crazy decision you‘ve made.”

Amanda looked confused, “What is she talking about Kevin?” She cocked her head to the side waiting for his answer.

He let out a defeated sigh, “How about I tell you over coffee.” Kevin looked back at Nadine, but she didn’t look up and continued to pack.

The rest of the guys came waltzing through the door and were startled to see Kevin having a cup of coffee with Amanda.

“What the hell are you doing here?” AJ blurted nastily.

“Wow it’s nice to see you guys too.” She giggled nervously.

“What brings you here Amanda?” Brian asked.

She took a deep breath. “Well I heard that Kevin was here so decided to come and see him. Actually, your mother sent me. When we separated she called me to beg for me to come back…Kevin I was overwhelmed with what was happening to you. But I’m ready to help you.”

The guys all looked at each other in silence, they weren’t buying it. Amanda was the type of woman to run off as soon as things got rough. She’d obviously done it twice before.

Nadine’s bag crashing on the floor startled the everyone.

“What in the world are you doing? We aren’t going home yet!” AJ exclaimed.

“Well I am…” she looked at Kevin.

“Wait! Can everyone just calm down." Kevin stood up his voice high. "You guys didn’t even give me a chance to tell you why I didn’t want to go back to the hospice. It wasn’t exactly to sit here and wither away. We were supposed to have an album coming out…and I was thinking that we should just continue with it. It’d be the last album for us as a group. I was going to rent a house out in Hollywood so that we could all stay there and work hard…I can get a nurse…but I need you guys there.”

Everyone in the room looked at each other for reassurance.

“That’s not a bad idea.” Nick smiled already convinced.

“Come on guys this is my last chance…I really want to give back to the fans…and Nadine I really need you there. I promise that I’ll let the whole world know what’s going on with me.” Nadine looked at Amanda who seemed really confused and slightly jealous.

“What about Chemo you are supposed to start that back up next week?” Nadine questioned.

He looked at her with a grin, “I promise that I will have someone come down and do it for me…but working on the album will help me…at least to get my mind off the fact that I‘m dying.”

Brian nodded. AJ nodded. Nick and Howie nodded. They all turned to look at Nadine waiting for her response. After a moment of silence, she smiled widely and nodded.

Kevin walked over to her and they embraced tightly.

“What about me?” Amanda asked feeling left out.