- Text Size +
I called Raye after my parents took Mike to the hospital.

"Hello?" Raye asked.

"Hi, Raye," I answered.

"Hi, Jess!" Raye exclaimed.

"Could you get my homework for me tomorrow?"

"Sure... Why?"

I wasn't going to school the next day because Nick had broken Mike's leg and I was confused whether to side with my brother, Mike, or my boyfriend, Nick. I had to make an excuse.

"I'm sick."

I then did a fake cough.

"I hope you feel better soon."

"Yeah."

"Bye, Jess."

"Bye, Raye."

Then I hung up.

I was a dirty, lying creep. Somebody had to stop my lying. I wanted a boyfriend, I'm not supposed to have a boyfriend, I got a boyfriend, I lie to my friends, I lie to my boyfriend, and I don't tell my family. None of this would have happened if it weren't for me. Benevolant or Backstreet Boys, Mike or Nick, truth or lies? What do I want?

Mike is my brother and he's in Benevolant, but Nick is my boyfriend and he's in the Backstreet Boys. I love them both. Mike is my brother and he's known me forever, Nick is my boyfriend and he's perfect. Truth is right and it makes people believe you, lies get you out of things and make everybody believe what you tell them is right. I want truth. But Benevolant or Backstreet Boys, Nick or Mike?

I was so confused that I started crying. I felt an arm on my shoulder and I looked up. There were Raye, Jordan, and Autumn.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"You really thought I would believe 'I'm sick, hack, hack' didn't you?" Raye asked.

"What?" I asked.

"I knew you weren't sick, so I tried to round up all of us so that we could help you," Raye replied, "Rachel wouldn't come cause she's still mad at you."

"Tell us what's wrong and we can help you," Autumn told me.

"Yes," Jordan agreed, "after all, what are friends for?"

"Tell us everything," Raye concluded.

"I was sitting in my room thinking about Nick..." I started, "Then Mike came in and started asking me questions like 'How's your boyfriend' and 'Where did you get that'." I paused.

My friend were all listening intently, so I decided to continue.

"I bent over and my locket opened and Mike saw the pictures. He said, 'That's Nick'."

I paused again, then continued.

"Then Nick came in and said, 'You bet it is,' then he introduced himself to Mike and they started fighting. Then Nick pushed Mike out the window and Mike broke his leg."

"So Mike found out?" Autumn asked.

I nodded my head.

"I beleive that Mike finding out is part our fault and part Ashley's," Jordan realized.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We were talking about it at Jordan's house," Raye explained, "And Ashley probably walked by, overheard, and told Mike."

I put my head down. I couldn't believe it. I knew Ashley was a rat, but I never thought he'd rat on me. That's how Mike found out.

"I'm sorry I lied to you guys," I told them.

"What do you mean?" Autumn asked.

"Nick was the 'friend' I did stuff with," I answered.

"It all makes sense now," Jordan replied.

"That's okay," Raye said, "Friends don't have to tell friends everything."

"Thanks," I replied, "you guys are the best." I gave them all a hug.

"We know this is hard for you," Autumn replied, "We can try to help the best we can."

"But," Raye continued, "we can't solve everything for you."

"I understand," I replied.

"Now, tell us your problem," Jordan replied.

"I decided that I wanted truth over lies," I started, "But I can't decide between Benevolant and the Backstreet Boys or Nick and Mike."

"I don't think we can help you with that," Raye replied.

"No, we can't," Jordan and Autumn agreed.

"I wish you guys could," I replied.

"Are you coming to school tomorrow?" Raye asked.

"No," I answered.

"Well," Autumn started, "We better go home. Bye, Jess."

"Bye, Jess," Jordan and Raye called.

Then they walked out the door.