- Text Size +
I was all alone. Not only in the house, in everything. I was mad at everyone. My friends for telling Ashley, Ashley for telling Mike, Mike for butting into my business, and Nick for breaking Mike's leg. But mostly, I was mad at myself. I can't solve my problems, what am I going to do?

About fifteen minutes later, it came to me. I could run away. No one would care. If anyone missed me, they would come find me. That's it!

I was all ready to go. I didn't need anything. Before I left, I took off my ring. I was going to take off the necklace, but decided against it, I also decided to put the ring back on.

I climbed out the window and down the trellis, then I left. While I was running, I got caught on something. I tried and tried to get free, but couldn't. Finally, I jerked forward and I was free. I didn't know it, but my locket was what had held me. The only reason I was free is because the locket had snapped.

Afterwards, I ran for a long time until I finally found some good trees to hang out under. I stayed there for a while thinking it was great, in fact, I stayed there overnight. Little did I know what was happening back at my house.

Nick walked to my house to see me. When he got there, he saw a million police cars.

"Nick!" Mike screamed.

Nick looked up. He saw Mike waving his hands at him. Nick walked over.

"So you actually want to talk to me?" Nick asked.

"Very funny," Mike replied, "Jessica's missing!"

"What?!?" Nick asked.

"I want you to go find her," Mike replied, "Take her necklace with you."

"It broke?"

"I found it lying in one of the bushes. I think it got caught."

"She didn't do it on purpose?"

"No."

"I'll go find her."

"Nick... I'll make a deal with you."

"I'm listening."

"If you bring back Jessica, I'll forget about the whole you broke my leg thing... And, Jessica's yours."

"What about your parents?"

"They never cared, it was just me."

Nick was shocked, but he didn't give it a secong thought. He left.

"Who was that?" my mom asked.

"That was Nick, Jessica's boyfriend," Mike answered.

"Where is he going?"

"To find Jessica."

"That dear boy. I hope he finds her."