- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow, I can't seem to stop writing this story! lol. I suppose that's a good thing? Well, as long as you keep reviewing, I'll keep writing! And as long as I keep writing, you'll be able to keep reading! haha. Thanks to DragonStar, LenniluvsBrian, Tscarpulla21, dazzle_em55, Hilda Warren, and Anita for the reviews!! Keep them coming!
I finished typing the weekly report on my lap top quickly to be e-mailed in to headquarters. I heard a soft knock on my door. "Come in," I managed to mutter as I finished and hit send. I returned my attention to the door.

"Cole, there's some people here to see you," Rex smiled from the door and held it open wider for our two guests to walk in. I must admit I was incredibly shocked to see Aaron and Nick Carter in my presence. I mustered a smile and stood to greet them.

"Hello," I tried to smile as warmly as possible. Aaron nodded and Nick nudged him.

"Hi Miss Cooper. I'm here to start my community service," Aaron mumbled and shuffled his feet a bit. I smiled in his direction and then back at Nick again.

"Wonderful! You can probably get started cleaning the windows. I'll introduce you to Clark, he's in charge of our janitorial staff," I explained and walked past them to lead them into the store. "Here's the supply cabinet. Don't try to take anything. Clark has a count on every possible item in this closet. It's pretty much his life." I said seriously. Aaron nodded and rolled his eyes. I figured he wouldn't try to take anything from the cleaning closet, but you never know.

"Hi, you must be Aaron," Clark Robertson approached. I smiled at Clark. I had already briefed him on our mischief-maker. Clark was a man that had worked for my mother when she owned our Macy's store. He was probably reaching retirement soon. He was one of the only men his age that worked at the store that never complained about the work load. He was proud of what he did and I was proud of him, too. "I think I'll have you start washing down the windows in the front of the store." He handed Aaron a bottle of Windex and a towel. Aaron looked at the objects that were obviously foreign to him. Clark rolled his eyes. "Here, I'll show you." He muttered and ushered Aaron to the front of the store.

When they were out of sight I turned towards Nick. "Mr. Carter, I have to thank you for actually showing up. I must admit, I was a little leery when I first agreed to let Aaron do community service here," I blushed but smiled.

"Aaron needs to grow up," Nick shrugged. "And please, no more Mr. Carter. It makes me sound old. Please, call me Nick." He smiled warmly. I nodded and smiled.

"Okay then, Nick. I can call you when Aaron is finished," I said and smiled in his direction. He scrunched up his nose and shook his head 'no'.

"If it's alright with you, I'll just stay. I might actually be able to use this as an excuse to get my Christmas shopping done," he smiled. "There's never enough time in the day, I swear."

"Oh, I know," I laughed softly and then looked around as a woman started browzing. "Well, if you'll excuse me Mr.--" I cut myself off to correct what I was about to say. "Nick, I'm going to go help some customers. Feel free to look around." I smiled and left him in perfume department. I smiled as I walked towards the customer in some kind of exhilerated mood. There was something about that man that made me go wild inside.