- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Unfortunately this is all I have for tonight. I have a huge AP Lit project to finish by tomorrow so I'm dedicating the rest of my night to that. I'll try to post more tomorrow! Thank you for all the kind reviews! Please keep them coming!
"I still can't get over the fact that you're going out on a date with the older brother of the kid that tried to steal from the store," Lucy pouted on my bed as she watched me analyze my imperfections in the mirror.

"Well, get over it," I said rather frankly. "Because I'm leaving soon. You're my best friend, Luce. You're supposed to be supportive and positive. Besides, aren't you the one that's always on my case about going out some more and at least trying to meet new guys?" I frowned and laughed softly in her direction, then quickly turned back to the mirror.

"Well, yeah," Lucy sighed and tried to come up with an excuse. "It's just...Nick Carter wasn't exactly the guy I was talking about. Can't you go and run into some random guy in the grocery store and go out with him?"

"It's not like I'm marrying the guy," I rolled my eyes. "We're just going to go out and have dinner. It's not like it's even a date," I shrugged. Secretly, I wished it were considered a date. To bet honest, I wasn't even really sure what it was. "We're just going to get to know each other better." I explained, both to Lucy and myself. "How do I look?" I sighed and faced her. I had decided on a pair of hip hugger jeans and a white sweater with a v-neck. I finished it off with my black pea coat and black leather boots.

"You look great," Lucy sighed and rolled her eyes. "Just...be careful. I will be sitting by my cell phone all night. Call me if you need anything." She emphasized the word 'anything'. I smiled and nodded as there was a knock at the door.

"That's him," I smiled and adjusted my clothing and hair one last time.

"No shit," Lucy muttered. I shot her a death glare and she quickly took back the statement.

"When you leave, just make sure you lock up," I called back to her and went to open the front door. I sucked in a deep breath as I saw him. He was wearing faded jeans, a green sweater with a black leather jacket over top. His hair was simply ruffled and done up that looked as if it had taken only minutes, yet it was nearly perfect. "Hi," I smiled and tried to hide the rising crimson color in my cheeks.

"Hey," he smiled back. He paused and I grabbed my scarf off the coat rack. "I was thinking we could go to Rocketfeller Center. They're putting up some more Christmas decorations and things," he suggested and I nodded.

"It sounds like fun," I smiled warmly. I always loved going into Manhattan during the Christmas season. Unlike New Jersey, Manhattan always had a way of making Christmas seem so magical and exciting.

"I have tickets on the ferry. I know it's cold, but it's really pretty--" Nick rambled as we headed to the elevator. I stopped him once I pushed the button to go down with a smile.

"I love the ferry, it sounds like fun," I reassured him. He looked relieved and we made our way down to the first floor. Things were so different with Nick now. Before he was just a customer...a celebrity. But now he was my date. It felt so good, yet so nerve wracking at the same time.