- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the wait! There will be another chapter tonight for all the patient readers! P.S: Check out the new graphic!! Now you can have a visual when I'm talking about the characters, lol.
"No way," I laughed at something proposterous a fan had once done just so she could meet the guys. "She threw her underwear on stage with her phone number written on the butt in magic marker?" I tried not to choke on my own saliva. Nick couldn't control himself either and doubled over in laughter.

"You wouldn't believe what some people would do to meet a celebrity," Nick shrugged it off as we continued to walk on the dock before we approached the ferry. I smiled as I watched the water ripple with the gentle yet frigid December wind.

"I can't believe it's already Christmas time," I sighed, and wrapped my arms around my body in hopes to obtain some body warmth. "It seems like just yesterday it was hot out here and we had to have the air conditioning on." I shuddered just thinking about the warm summer days.

"I wish I could live in New York," Nick muttered as he shoveled his hands in his pockets to remove the tickets he had purchased for our ferry ride earlier in the day. "It's so beautiful here all year long."

"Ha," I smirked. "Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely place and I love being able to see the city at night from my bedroom window, but it can get pretty crazy and dangerous. It's hard when you know the homeless guy living outside your apartment complex on a first name basis and there are constantly robberies and break-ins." I could sense the disgust dripping from my own voice.

"It's everywhere," Nick shrugged. "You wouldn't believe the people that try to steal from us...fans, even. At least they call themselves our fans," he shook his head. "I love Florida, it's a great place. The beaches are nice and being close to a big city is nice, too. But there's something about this city that gets to me." He shrugged, as if he couldn't put his finger on what exactly it was.

"Ah," I nodded in agreement as we boarded the ferry and made our way to the second floor of the boat. "It's that feeling of lust for the city, even though the city isn't close to being a human. You can feel the emotions in the lights and the polluted air. There's something about the way the cold wind chills the side of your cheek yet instead of making you bitter and unhappy at the holiday season, it fills you with laughter and cheer as you watch people hustle to finish Christmas shopping. Even though most New Yorkers aren't pleasant, there's something about the city at this time of the year and nothing can change that," I rambled into one ongoing comment.

"Wow," Nick muttered and looked off at the city. "I didn't think the feelings could be put into words, but obviously I was wrong."

"Ha," I smirked. "That took me twenty-three years to muster." I laughed softly. Nick glanced at me with his lips curved up in a grin. "What?" I frowned with a small smile, wondering why this gorgeous man was staring me down.

"Nothing," he shook his head. "No offense, or anything, but overly intelligent girls usually aren't my type. But there's something different about you..." he rambled. I had to stop myself from listening after he said "overly intelligent girls usually aren't my type." Was he telling me he liked me in a subtle, yet not so subtle, way? "I don't know, maybe it's the way you're so poetic and independent..." as he tried to figure out what words he was looking for, I tried to read into the situation to see if I was over analyzing his words or not...ironically, I was over analyzing something over analyzing...is that confusing or what? "Collette?" Nick muttered. I literally shook my head and looked up into those deep blue eyes.

"What?" I felt heat rise in my cheeks, embarrassed that I was confusing myself while he was trying to have a conversation with me.

"Oh, sorry, I just said look at how beautiful she is at night," he pointed behind me to the famous Lady Liberty. I turned around and watched as the wind blew my hair around my shoulders. I smiled at the sight. It was beautiful.

"Yeah, you're right," I smiled over my shoulder at Nick. "She is beautiful."

He smirked and I could see the words playing on his lips. "She's not the only beautiful girl I see tonight." He whispered so softly I wasn't sure I heard him, but then I realized he really had said it as he leaned in and kissed my cheek. I felt like a school girl as my lips curved up in a large smile.