- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been a few days! We're currently having exams at school so I've been busy! Keep the reviews coming!!
"Do you wanna skate?" Nick held his hand out to me as we approached Rocketfeller Center. After a few taxi rides, countless enthusiastic girls stopping us to get autographs, and two hot-dogs from a vender on the side of the road, we had managed to make it to our destination -- the ice skating rink at Rocketfeller Center. I nodded with a smile as Nick walked up to get the ice skates.

"Nick, please let me pay," I practically begged. He pushed my hand away with a grin. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest. "Men." I scoffed with a smile on my lips and told the vender my size.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nick laughed as we walked to a bench to get our skates on.

"Exactly what it sounded like," I laughed and plopped down and began to untie my shoes. Nick seemed so confused so I laughed and pulled him down so he was sitting next to me on the cold wood bench. He shook his head and put his own skates on. "I have to warn you, I haven't really been skating in a while. With work and things around the apartment, I just don't have time." I blushed.

"And you think I have been skating recently?" Nick laughed. I giggled as he shook his head. "With travelling and recording, I haven't even seen an ice skating rink in a few years." He laughed. He, too, seemed embarrassed that he had brought me to an ice skating rink that we would both probably fall all over the place on. We wobbled over to the entrance to the rink and uneasily started to skate. Instinctively, I reached out and took hold of his hand. "Oh no, you don't," he laughed and tried to pull away jokingly. "If you go down, you're going down by yourself." Almost seconds after he said that, he fell flat on his rear end. I burst out in laughter as he put his head down, his shoulders shaking with laughter.

"Aw, are you okay?" I tried to stifle my laughter and put both of my hands in front of him to help him up.

"Yeah," he chuckled, clearly embarrassed he was the first one to go down and that I was trying to help him up. After he brushed off his butt, he took hold of my hand once more. This time I could tell it wasn't for balance...it was because he wanted to. I felt this strange sensation shoot through my stomach, up through my chest and ripple through my arms and legs. I had that famous feeling of butterflies. I swallowed hard to try and rid myself of the feeling. "You alright?" He frowned, clearly concerned as we skated, no, rather shuffled our feet, across the ice.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I'm...better than fine." I felt odd saying it. I wasn't usually the "type" to step out and say exactly how I was feeling. It just wasn't like me. Then again, if there was any night to take chances, it was tonight. Nick had already admitted to me that I wasn't his usual type, but he was giving me a chance anyway. Maybe I should take more chances.

Nick squeezed my hand and we started skating faster. I laughed as I struggled to stay on my feet. I wasn't sure if it was the warm feeling in my legs that made my knees give out or just the fact that I hadn't been on a pair of ice skates for a few years. I laughed as my butt hit the ice. Nick turned, laughing the entire time. "See, it's not so funny when you're the one that falls," Nick laughed and put his hands out to help me up. I smiled and took them. This time when Nick pulled me up, neither of us let go. As I stared into his eyes, the DJ began to play "All I Want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey. I watched as Nick leaned down and those gorgeous eyes closed. Instinctively I closed my eyes and nearly fell over as his warm lips caressed mine. I have never had such a great kiss. After a few seconds, I felt his tongue slowly massage my lips and I opened them to give him entrance. We would have kept up our first make-out session if a nine-year-old little girl wouldn't have roughly knocked into the back of me and pushed me full force onto Nick.

"Sorry," she mumbled, obviously embarrassed for interrupting, but kept on her way. Nick and I laughed and made our way off the ice to take a break.