- Text Size +
Third Person P.O.V.

They watched the young man sit down on the airport chairs. The watched the phone call and they continued watching as he hung up. Soon he hung up the phone and placed his head in his hands. It became obvious that he was crying as his body started shaking.

~*~
Florida

Kerri hung up the phone slowly. She was having a hard time dealing with the news she just heard. She didn’t know how she was going to tell Amy. This would break her heart. She took a deep breath and walked to where Amy was watching Christmas movies.

“Amy.”

“Yes Mommy.”

“I have some bad news for you.” Amy looked at her mother. She didn’t say anything. She was waiting for Kerri to continue. “That was Daddy on the phone. It’s snowing where he is and he’s not going to be able to come home today.”

Amy looked down into her lap. “He’ll be home tomorrow.” She stated innocently.

“Sweetie, he might not make it home for tomorrow either.”

“He’ll be home tomorrow.”

“Honey.”

“Mommy, he will be home. Santa will not let us spend Christmas day without Daddy.”

Kerri smiled at her young daughter. So innocent and so full of trust. She just hoped that her daughter’s heart wasn’t going to be broken the next day.

~*~
Nick’s P.O.V.

There was no hope that I’d get home today. I just hoped that somehow I’d be able to get home for tomorrow.

I walked up to the information desk.

“Can I help you sir?”

“I was just wondering how long the planes would be grounded.”

“Until the end of the storm.”

“When is the storm ending?”

“Sometime tonight. Oh and then its Christmas day so there won’t be any flights tomorrow. You might as well go back home. You won’t be leaving until the 26th.”

“Why won’t there be any flights tomorrow?”

“Because it’s Christmas day. You can’t expect our pilots and flight attendants, and clerks to work on Christmas day.”

“Well what about all the people who are trying to get home to their families for the holiday.”

“You shouldn’t have been away from your family so close to the holiday.”

“I was here on business, I had no control over it.”

“Sir, you aren’t going to get special treatment.”

“I’m not asking for special treatment, but I’m sure there are others in my same situation.”

“I’m sorry sir. There’s nothing we can do. You’re stuck here until the 26th.”

I walked away with my head hung low. All hope of getting home for tomorrow was destroyed.

~*~
Third Person P.O.V.

They watched Nick’s talk with the clerk at the information desk. They watched him walk away from the desk with his head hung low. There had to be something that they could do to help him get home.