- Text Size +
Autumn gritted her teeth as once again, Alex's hand brushed against her waist. He was trying to be subtle, but not pushy.They'd been at this photoshoot all day and every chance he got, he touched her somehow. Raking fingers through her hair, touching her arm, her waist. Once again, she tried to shrug out of his touch but his fingers stayed glued to her waist like a lost lifeline. She whipped her head around and stared at him.

"Please remove your hand from my body and keep it away from my personal space." See? She could be nice.

Kevin laughed inwardly at Alex's sad attempt to touch her soft skin. He walked up confidently and circled his arm around her waist.

"Just tell him to go away Autumn. He'll learn soon enough." He grinned smugly at him and the other man glared in return.

"Why don't you BOTH go away and stop acting like I have ' Property of Alex or Kevin' stamped across my forehead, hm?" She yanked out of Kevin's grasp angrily and stepped away from the water fountain.

Alex couldn't help it, he grinned smugly at the older man's attempt at wooing.

Autumn looked at them both disgusted.

"Stop acting like I'll fall over you if you exert effort. k? Its not going to happen. Ever. " She glared at them angriliy, turning on her heel and heading back outside to the waiting tourbus.

They were in some old hick town, on the outskirts of New Mexico. There were tumbleweeds blowing across the large expanse of road. Honest. At least it worked with the photos, which they got a lot of. She needed a good drink, thats what she needed.

"Hey chick, those photos look great, what magazine are they for?" Brooke bounced happily in her seat on the tourbus, where she'd been for the past hour. Shes been on the tour now for a few days, invited personally by Nick, his intentions unknown.

"Honestly, its for their promotion. GQ is going to use some shots for next months cover. But the orginal shots are going towards new posters, a calendar and some kind of postcard." She rubbed her eyes wearily and leaned back in the seat.

Brooke watched Autumn closely. Her movements were jumpy and tired like. She watched her take a deep breath, push her fingers against her eyes and yawn. Looks like she was running herself ragged with work.

"So how long have ya'll been traveling? When was the last time you stayed in a hotel?"

Autumn opened her eyes a sliver and sighed. " Today alone we've traveled for about 3 hours. We've been at this photoshoot a total of five, and then we are about to travel for four more hours to the next city, where we will fall into bed and then get up again at the butt crack of dawn." Her voice held a hint of irritation.

"Why don't we go--"

"--Autumn, I have a problem, could you come here a sec?" Kevin poked his head in the tourbus door. He obviously had no problem interrupting.

Feeling as if her feet were lead, she managed to propell her body upward and stalk towards the door.

"I'll be right back B, " Brooke couldn't miss the tiredness in her eyes. She mouthed "sorry." on her way out.

A very annoyed blonde stood with her arms crossed under her chest.

"Tell her Kevin, or I will." She put her hands to her hips and glared down at her.

Kevin chewed on his bottom lip, looking from Autumn to the blonde repeatedly.

"DID YOU SLEEP WITH HIM?" She burst out suddenly, tightening her fists into balls.

Autumn looked around confused, blinking.

"Uh, no...Now what is so important?" Angirly, she looked at Kevin, waiting for an explination.

"Im pregnant." She said trimuphantly, grabbing Kevin's hand harshly and bringing him to her side.

"Kevin?" that one word asked so many questions.

"I have no idea how this could've happened. It was just one night..one night. Her name is Karla. Please, you have to fix this Autumn.." He looked at her with desperate eyes, a drowning man on the verge of succumbing with sorrow.

"Uh, Karla, is it? Come with me. We'll go to a doctor and get a paternal test. Hope you don't mind honeycheeks." she grinned and led the girl to a separate car. Karla's eyes lost some of the fire and her face paled.

After pushing her inside and giving the driver some instructions, she walked back up to Kevin.

'Ricki, you got some splainin' to do. But not right now, I got a headache the size of Texas." He watched her behind disappear into the tourbus.



He looked down at his hands, which were shaking and ran them through his hair to try and calm down. Picking up his pen, he looked down at the blank page and started to write..


I watch the proverbial sunrise
Coming up over the Pacific and
You might think I’m losing my mind
But I will shy away from the specifics
'Cause I don’t want you to know where I am
'Cause then you’ll see my heart in the saddest state it’s ever been
This is no place to try and live my life

Sighing, he folded up the paper and stuck it in his bag, where noone would ever see it.


Autumn yawned and looked down at the blank piece of paper....

I can't hold on aymore, I cant.. I wont
this feeling is growing inside me, I wish it wasn't so
Say it isn't so...
Please let it go
away..

She hadn't written anything in awhile, okay, since she was 14. Crumbling up the paper, she stuffed it in her purse .



She downed another shot, letting her body take over. It swayed with the music, the hips moving suggestively, her body lost in the music's hypnotic beat.

"Hey baby.." his lips brushed her earlobe, sending tingles down her body. He grabbed her by the waist and brought her out to the dance floor.

They dance like old lovers. Their bodies told the crowd what their mouths couldn't. Skillfully and with grace, they held every eye in the room. It wasn't 'bumping and grinding' with them, but a symphony their bodies were conducting, one that only they knew.

He whispered in her ear, his breath hot on her neck, invinting. "Lets go somewhere else..." That one word held such heat, her legs turned to jelly as she clingled to him.

To others, it looked as if she skillfully slid down his body, clinging suggestively to his torso. Only he knew the truth and it made him grin.

She looked deep into his eyes, more certain than shes ever been in her life. He offered his hand, his love, his bed, his life. She accepted it. All of it.

"Yes." she purred it.

Goosebumps prickled all over his skin as he led the way out of the nightclub.


Autumn yawned drowsily and stretched like her inner cat knew she would. Startled at the sudden lump next to her, she began to prod it lazily with her fingers.
She looked beside her questioningly and gasped.Why was he staring at her like that? She gulped in as much air as she could. She loved his eyes staring at her.. His touch was soo soft, intimate, beautiful. She closed her eyes as she remembered his lingering touch on her body that was wrong in every way, but felt so right.

She opened her eyes and grinned as he entered her vision.