- Text Size +
Thinking on instinct, she quickly thrashed about. Even after she heard an "oOomph" of suprise and then a growl of pain, she still didn't stop, restless. She was not giving up without a fight.

She whirled around ready to punch the guy in the face (since it was obviously a guy with big muscley sinewy arms.) when she realized who it was and her sails deflated, tears coming to her eyes once more.

"Sorry J, I thought you were someone else." She watched him rub his shin and look up at her cautiously.

"Boy, if I had a quarter for everytime someone said that to me..." he grumbled miserably.

When he noticed tears slightly streaming down her cheeks pain sliced through his chest. Had he caused her soul stricken look? He could almost see all the pieces of her heart on the ground..Had he caused that?

She quickly untangled herself from his grasp and turned her back, looking out the window at the setting sun.

"I'm sorry, but I don't need to be here with you right now." Her heart gave a leap and then fizzled, giving up all hope.

He watched her retreating back. She had the same aura about her, but something changed. Something that made her apart of who she is...............

..something that he loved..

He gasped as the realization came to him. His face fallen, he returned to his room.

As soon as her head hit the pillow, she curled up in her bed and cried. Cried for a love she would never have. Cried for a love she never wanted to have. Cried because she was the same girl ...the same one that got hurt all those years ago. Cried because their were no decent men out there worth fighting for. After what seemed like an eternity, she closed her leaden eyes and feel asleep.


She awoke in a puddle of her own drool. Gross..very gross...She glanced at the clock and cursed. 9:15. She was officially late to practice by an hour and 15 minutes. Who would Kevin dance with if he didn't have her? The image of Brooke popped into her mind and she scowled. Why was she always beatting herself up over that? She needed to face the facts. Men like that, like women like her. Beautiful, funny, full of life..Everything she was not.

Autumn quickly washed her face and put her hair back in a ponytail. They were just going to have to deal with the fact that she was late, whether they liked it or not. She glanced at herself in the mirror quickly before rushing out the door.

"You're late." Fatima's famous first words.

" I know, I know, sorry." she grumbled, quickly taking her place by Kevin. Her heart dead, she didn't feel anything when his hand connected with her hip. The fuzzies, the sizzle was all gone. She almost smiled. Almost.

Confused green eyes met her face.

"Oh hmm?" she didn't know if he had talked to her or not, she wasn't really paying attention, she didn't really care.

"I said,rough morning?" He looked at her curiously. Something had changed. What was it? He couldn't put his finger on it. She just glanced at him without answering, concentrating on the steps.

When it came time to switch partners to Brian, she was so zoned out that she didn't realize the hand she grabbed wasn't his. She didn't hear the shriek of suprise as someone collided into her. She didn't feel the pain as she fell to the ground, butt first.

"Ouch, damn it all to hell!!" She rubbed her elbow, where it had connected with somebodies chin.

"AUTUMN!. You better get it together!!!" Fatima's shout brought her back to reality. She glanced around. Woops. Brian was looking at her confused, Howie was rubbing his chin and one of the dancers, Lana, was on the ground beside her.

"Sorry" she mumbled sheepishly.

Before she could get up a hand shot out. Looking up suprised, she smiled.

"Thanks Brian."

The rest of the practice went on without a single mistake. You could tell Fatima was happy. But for Autumn,it seemed like another pointless day.

"Okay guys, thats a wrap!!! Good job everyone!! Okay. I have some big news! The guys next single "Get Another Boyfriend" (AN: for the sake of this story,it was a single, and they made a video.) is going to be filmed in beautiful downtown Chicago!. Everyone thats in this room right now will be in it. Congratulations!!" She hugged a bunch of dancers, before turning to talk to Howie.

Great, just great, she got to dance with kevin sexily while being filmed. And watched. She groaned.

Before she could move, arms came around her waist and a head peeked over her shoulder.

"Thats great news, isn't it?! I'm excited you're a wonderful dancer.!" Anger built up inside and she whirled around.

"Get your filthy hands off me Kevin! Why is it that you guys think you can touch someone outside of dance class? NEWS FLASH: You aren't my boyfriend, you aren't my lover. You aren't anything important to me besides a paycheck. So stop fucking flirting, touching and groping. Its very unwanted. Got it?!" Her eyes were ablaze with fire. A new kind of fire that noone has seen before.

Kevin's mouth agape, he watched her walk out of the room and turned around hiding his embarassment. So that's what had changed. Her affection. He lost it. But how? He seethed in anger as he stomped out of the room after her.

He felt like hitting a wall..No wait, He did hit a wall..his bruised knuckles were the result of that. He ran his hands through his shaggy hair. What was he going to do? If he lost this bet, he'd never live it down with Aj. He had to make things right.

He talked to himself in the mirror a couple of times to make sure he got his facial expressions right. Actor he was not. He grinned at himself. Damn! he was sexy.

He laughed as he walked down the hall to Autumn's room. oooh, the door was ajar...could she be waiting for him in her sexy lingere? He got excited as he put his ear to the door to listen.


"Autumn...We need to talk......." He opened the door slightly and stopped dead in his tracks.