- Text Size +
Autumn tried not to gape as she stared at her potential employers. She knew well enough from all the times Brooke shoved the cd's in her face, that this was, indeed, The Backstreet Boys.

She gulped loudly as she was escorted to a seat sitting across of uhm...Chris? The one with blue hair...uhm..Justin? Oh, poo.

One with blue eyes and brown hair stuck out his hand.

"My name's Brian, its nice to meet you Autumn. " He smiled at her and she resisted the urge to laugh.

"Likewise." After doing that with Howie, Nick, and Kevin, she finally went up to the one with blue hair.

He looked at her from the top of his lowered glasses. Oh puke, was he trying to flirt?

"Aj, but you can call me Alex." he gripped her hand and kissed it slightly on the knuckles.

"Nice to meet you Alex, but I'd like my hand back if you don't mind." She said with authority, not even giving into his manly wiles.

Nick , the blonde one, laughed.

"Dude, shes turning you down." Even in a business like setting, they couldn't keep this professional. Oh boy.

Jason, the executive, shook hands with her last and smiled approvingly. He must like that she put Alex in his place.

Alex watched with fascination when Autumn didn't even spare an extra glance at him. Why wasn't his charm working? It had all the other times. She could feel his eyes bore into her as she took a seat in the straight back leather chair.

Alex grinned at the beautiful redhead when she finally looked his way. She just gave him a blank stare, not even caring who he was. He looked at her and frowned. She wasn't even shifting in her seat, breathing fast, nothing. He'd get her affections if it was the last thing he did.

".....went to Yale." Dam, he hadn't been paying attention. What was it she said? She went to Yale? Yikes, they'd be crazy to not hire her. She had an air of ' Obey me or die' about her. He cringed. Nevermind, Bri could have her, or Kev.

Kevin watched the beautiful red head with interest. She was beautiful, with long hair, brown eyes, small body. She had that spunkiness, but yet, wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty. He lisented intently as she described her many charitable efforts. Inlcuding, Habitat for Humanity, Adopt-a- Highway, and Save the Music. He later found out that she owned his favorite resteraunt in the world: Belissimo. He watched as she tried not to laugh at Aj's coming advances, and grinned. She was trying to keep her professionalism, but he could tell there was a wild side about her.

"Whats in this for you, Autumn? Why do you want to manage to The Backstreet Boys, the number one pop group in the world?" Kevin asked reassured, not cocky, reassured.

"Truthfully? I really don't like you guys. At all. I'm willing to manage you, however, if Aj will stop drooling all over himself. " No laugh, no grin, no smirk. She wasn't smiling.Just serious.

"Are you serious?" Brian asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I was hoping for Lifehouse." She looked sheepish then and looked down.

"Then why the hell are you here?" Nick said anger controlling every emotion on his face.

"Because I want to be a manager. I like to organize events, plan parties, and quite frankly, I'm excellent at it. I've had a nack for it. Just because the group happens to be you guys doesn't mean that I'm not interested. It just means I'm probably the only woman who doesn't want to sleep with you." She said with confidence.

Alex gaped at her. "Well, Autumn, Thanks for being so honest. " Thats all he could say, he was rendered speechless, which for him, was a first.

Jason looked at her disapprovingly.

She got angry, flames filling her eyes. "Since when do I have to be a diehard fan to work at a good respectable job, with good respectable men? Oh, scratch that, respectable men don't expect woman to fall all over themselves with just one look. Since when can't I be bluntly honest? I'm sorry, coming here was a mistake, since obviously, you aren't ready to handle someone who won't faint or paw all over you the first instant they see you." With that note, she got up and left.

"Oh, and thanks for your precious time. It wasn't worth it in the end though, good luck finding a manager." The only sound that could be heard was the clinking of her heels on the marble floors.

"Oh wow, shes fiesty, I like her." Everyone glared at Alex.

Jason nodded in agreement.

"Maybe having someone who doesn't really like you will help. That way, she can concentrate on business, not pleasure." He said with a hint of anger. Since, after all, it was Alex's fault that they didn't have a manager. She had been a closet fan , who had well...been caught with her skirt up and his pants down.

"She was really nice, and honest. That is up until Nick gave her the impression that she had to sleep with one of us in order to get the job." Howie glared at Nick.

"What?" Nick said confused. How had his comment about her had anything to do with this?

"You better go catch her. Anyone who can tell the fab five that they don't like you, is worth hiring, just for courage alone."

Alex rushed out of the room before anyone could say anything.


She was mad. Angry, outraged even. How dare the snob SOB's think that they could have anyone they wanted? Was it so wrong to not be attracted to them? Granted, they were good looking, but geez, what did a girl have to do in order to work in this business. She sighed. It had been her dream since she was out of high school. To manage bands, that is. Her second love, to own a resteraunt. She came so close to achieving both... She wiped the tears that persistently flowed down her cheeks in hot steady lines. If it weren't for male egos, the job would be hers. She could see it in Jason's eyes.

Opening the door to her limo, she stopped when someone grabbed her arm.

"Please don't leave." Alex's soft voice penetrated through her mind, making her turn around, forgetting that her carefully made up face was probably running, not to mention her nose being red.

"Please let go of me, Mr. Mclean. I have said all I can, and therefore, have nothing more to say. " He could hear the cracks in her steady voice.

"I'm not letting go of the best manager the Backstreet team could ever have." Her eyes widened in suprise.

"But.." she quickly caught herself. "Im sorry, but I'm not interested anymore. Go find some fan off the street." With that, she yanked her arm free and stepped into her limo.

Alex stared at the limo that was now turning the corner in disbelief. Did he just get turned down again? Had his eyes not captivated her? Had his voice not sent shivers down her spine? He sighed.

"Don't worry Mr. Mclean, she'll work for us." Jason stood behind him, sounding assured.

Autumn quickly went home to change before the big party at her resteraunt. She didn't feel like going, but being the owner, she was obligated. Everyone was invited, including the general public. But it was a first come, first serve basis. She'd only let the max capacity in. Star, or no star, there were only going to be 200 people there.

She showered and dressed in record time. Putting her hair back in an elegant French Twist, she waded in her underwear over to her closet.


She had just the thing to wear for tonight, that fit her mood perfectly. Since she knew the boys were going to be there, it wasn't going to hurt to flaunt pure sex appeal at them. She didn't want them to notice her, or heck, even feel attracted. She just wanted them to feel bad about their actions. Was that so bad?

Giggling quietly to herself, she slipped the dress on and grinned. This was going to be fun.