- Text Size +
Autumn leaned her head on her hands. It was ten in the morning and for once, she had nothing to do. The boys were off on their own accord, seeing the sights of San Antone. Meanwhile, she was twiddling her thumbs trying to bide the time until the concert tonight. She flipped out her palm pilot, looking at next weeks schedule. It was a busy week. Sighing, she made a few adjustments, then began working where the schedule left off.

"Mrs. Nimbs? Yes, this is Mrs. Whitby from Backstreet management. How are you doing today?" the squeaky voice on the other side chirped merrily. "Thats great. Listen, I know you have a busy schedule, but I was wondering, is your facility free on the 18th? Hmm, I see. Yes Yes, I would say no more than twenty. Alright, thank you."


She quickly hung up the phone and set her plan in motion.


Alex rubbed his hand in confusion. Where was his credit card? He tapped his baggy pockets, but to no avail. Flipping open his phone he dialed a number.

"Room 1175 please." He waited while the elderly mother on the other line connected him.

"Whitby speaking, what can I do for you?" Her voice was all professional, businesslike. She hid nothing, which would evenutally come back to bite her in the butt.

"Autumn, honey, did I leave my credit card there?" His voice was frantic.

"How the hell should I know?"

"Could you check my room please? You should have all of our keys, being the manager and all." his voice was so sad, lost. He knew what could happen in this situation.

"Alright, but if I find it here, then you better keep track of it next time." She sighed heavily, not needing the interruption. She sifted through her keys until she found the one she wanted.

She slipped into her silk robe and opened the door, closing it behind her. He had better hope his credit card didn't fall into the wrong hands.

She slipped the card into the slot and opened the door.

"Hey baby, I hope you don't mind, but I bought me some new clothes with your card. Oh and a few more things." Autumn looked at the once clean floor scattered with Armani and Fifth Avenue bags. A lot of them. Autumn looked up to the pretty brunette on the bed.

"Who in the hell are you?" her eyes glowed an angry green.

"I could ask the same about you, and why you feel the need to steal someones property. Tell me, do you like the color orange? How about being in debt up to your eyeballs, with noone to help you?" She smirked at the mysterioius girl.

She hmmphed and had the gall to stretch like a cat, in a barely there silk teddy.

"I am Amanda, Alex's girlfriend. Sorry honey, hes probably through with you. Whats your name again? I'll tell him you said goodbye. He won't be needing you now that I am here." She smirked and rubbed her thigh idly.

"For one, if you knowingly support his sex addiction, then you aren't any better than a groupie yourself. Two, I am the boys' manager, Autumn Whitby. Alex called me to help him find his missing credit card. Its funny how hes NEVER mentioned you. " Autumn knew she was cutting it a little close. She had only been the boys manager for a few months.

She walked to the door and looked behind her. " I suggest you get out of here before I call security. Oh, and one more thing, AMANDA, I'll need his credit card. " She held out her manicured hand.

"Psh, what makes you think I'm going to give it to you?" She stood up, her perfect athletic body challenging. The credit card was between her teeth.

Autumn walked up to Amanda, held her hand out once again and tapped her foot.

"The credit card, now."

"Yes, Amanda, I think you've been mooching off Aj long enough." Kevin came and stood beside Autumn, towering over them both.

Amanda glared at Autumn one last time before turning her eyes over to Kevin. She batted her eyelashes.

"Kevin, honey, you know I can make him feel good. I could make you feel good too." She batted her long lashes at him.

He ripped the card out of her hands and walked away.

"Do us all a favor, hon and leave before Aj finds out you're here."

As soon as Autumn's foot hit outside the door she breathed a sigh of relief. She hated confrontation and avoided it at all costs.

"Thanks Kevin, I don't know what I wouldn've done if I had to prove my point." She gave him a tight hug, showing him just how much she appreciated his help.

His touch lingered on the small of her back and she shuddered involuntarily.

"Hey guys, whats going on?" Brian pretended not to notice how Kevin looked at Autumn.

"Oh, Brian, whoever Amanda is, she just spent a whole lotta money on clothes with Aj's credit card." She sighed and got the card from Kevin.

"Im gonna go call him." She left and returned to her own room.

She breathed a sigh of relief as soon as she entered her own room.

"Alex? Yea, I got your card. Where are you at? Of course, I should've known, I'll be there in a minute."

Autumn quickly put her hair up in a messy bun (with a pen, no less.) and slipped on a pair of jeans and a tank. Flip flops completed the outfit.

The hustle and bustle of the mall on the weekend was outrageous. Quickly slipping inside, she scanned the food court. She sighed as noone seemed to pop out and scream "ALEX".

When someone encirled her waist with muscled tattooed arms, she fought the urge to scream.


"Shh babe, its just me." She felt lips brush her neck, which in her opinion, was VERYYY inappropriate. She tried to pull away.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? You have a girlfriend remember? Amanda, ? The one who had your credit card?" She slapped his hands away until they fell from her waist.

She turned around and watched his face fall.

"Yea, I'm not going to get into it, but nevertheless, here." She flicked his credit card out to him then walked away.

"Autumn, wait.." He grabbed her arm and spun her back around.

She had no time to react. Right there in the middle of the food court, in front of everyone, he kissed her. Not a peck on the lips, not a forehead smooch, but a full mouth on mouth passionate kiss.

She didn't know why, but she didnt feel like stopping him right away. His lips were so soft, he tasted like french fries, which didn't matter to her.

She opened her eyes, suddenly, and watched in horror as his arms slipped around the back of her head, to bring her closer.

"Get off of me! What the fuck is wrong with you?" She pushed him away.

"Do me a favor, next time you ask me for something, you better freaking make sure you want it. I'm not gonna get mixed into your affairs. As long as it doesn't go to press that is. Check your girlfriend next time you need something, don't come to me."

Alex watched her stalk off. He had her. Right there. He had her. He knew it, she knew it.. It was only a matter of time now.