- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey! I wrote this back in July 2002 for my cousin, who's also a BSB fan. While typing it up tonight, I changed some things slightly, so it didn't sound so - odd. Lol. Well, Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore & story idea. Alex owns herself, as does Lissy, Nikki, & BSB. Thank-you!

Note: This was written when my sister & youngest cousin were still fans (Nikki & Lissy). Also, I aplogize for any typos - we still haven't re-installed Microsfot Word, so I'm stuck using Notepad - which has no spellcheck!

Dedication: This is for my cousin Alex, who has always put up with my incessant stories of what would happen if/when we met BSB. I love you Alex! And thank-you, from the bottom of my heart.

Hey Al!" Lenore called from the front hall of her aunt and uncle's house. "Come here a sec!"

"What?" Alex quried, entering the hallway where her cousin stood.

"Wanna go for a walk with me?" Lenore asked. "Pleaaaase?"

"Oh, alright," Alex replied, after taking in the older girl's pitiful look. "Just ler me tell my Dad we're leaving."

At eighteen, Lenore was the oldest of the four girls in the house - excluding their mothers. She stood about five feet two inches, and had shoulder length dark brown hair and hazel eyes that were green more than they were brown. Alex was eleven going on twelve, but still considered a great confident to her older cousins. She stood about five feet and also had shoulder length brown hair and light brown eyes.

Once Alex had informed her Dad that they were going for a walk, and that her older cousin was indeed going with her, they set off after putting their running shoes on. they decided to head for the park, since it was just down the block and it seemed like a good place to hang out for now - since usually there wasn't very many kids around, and if there was, they never stayed long. they arrived only to find it desserted.

"Where is everyone?" Lenore pondered aloud.

"Probably hiding in their air conditioned houses, 'cause it's so hot out," Alex answered, suddenly noticing a few people playing basketball over on the court. "Hey, Lenni, check out those guys."

"I'd laugh if they were the Backstreet Boys," Lenore joked, smiling. "If they were, we'd be like, 'Ahhhh!!! It's Brian! Ahhhh! It's A.J.!'"

"Yeah," Alex agreed, giggling. "We'd be hugging them like crazy."

"Who said anything about hugging?" Lenore asked, raising her eyebrows. "I'm tackling them!"

They went on joking around as they reached the swings they'd been headed towards.

Meanwhile on the basketball court....

"Do you think those girls have recognized us at all?" A tall dark-haired guy queried. "I mean, if they have, we may have to leave."

"Aw, cous', you worry too much," the short blond stated as he stole the ball from the taller man. "Besides, who says they're fans?"

"Yeah," the tall blond piped up. "Who says they're fans?"

"Great comeback," the green-haired guy laughed.

"No one necessarily said they were fans," the short dark-haired guy spoke up. "But - you never can be too careful."

"Are we playing or worrying about fans?" The short blond wanted to know, as he sunk the ball in the net.

"Both," his cousin answered.

"Well, then let's play and worry later," the tall blond rejoined. "Besides, if you worry too much, you'll get wrinkles."

"Who says?" The smalelr blond asked. "You?"

The tall blond nodded, smiling slyly. "Yup, I do."

On the swings....

"You'd be all over A.J., while I'd be with Brian. The others would be standling there, like, 'Oooh-kay...'" Lenore rambled. Once she got in story-telling mode, there was no stopping her - especially when it came to her favourite group. "We wouldn't bother telling Nikki or Lissy either, 'cause then they'd be all over poor Nick."

"They'd be like, 'He's mine! No! He's mine!' While we'd be like, 'Quick! Save Nick!'" Alex added. "We'd rescue Nick, then take off with BSB, leaving them behind."

Just then, the basketball the group of guys were using, rolled to a stop in front of them. Lenore slid off her swing and picked it up, watching as the one guy began to trot over when she didn't throw it back. She suddenly turned to look back at her cousin, who was still sitting on a swing.

"You know what? If Brian were here right now, he'd definitely be playing b-ball," she siad, not seeing the guy behind her suddenly freeze in his spot. "I'd honestly laugh if this was his ball. I mean, how cool would that be?"

"Too bad it's not," Alex sighed.

"Oh, shut-up!" Lenore laughed, then sang, "You just wanna hear me say..."

"I touched Brian's ball today," Alex finished.

They both giggled at their little joke, until they were interrupted.

"Ahem," the guy coughed.

Lenore suddenly stopped mid giggle, as a confused look appeared upon her face.

"It can't be, can it?" She wondered to herself.

"Lenni, what's wrong?" Alex asked. "You look as though you've just seen a ghost."

"Or heard one," Lenore thought quietly, turning to take the guy in. once she was facing him, she eyed him carefully.

He pointed to the ball silently and smiled his thanks when she passed it back to him.

"Lenni, are you okay?" Alex questioned worriedly.

Lenore ignored her cousin, as she continued to stare at the guy still standing in front of her, now with his basketball in hand. She quickly glanced over at the other guys who were still back on the court waiting for him to return, then darted her gaze back to the one who still stood before her.

"I think we've just been discovered," the guy thought as she eyed him critically.

"Al," Lenore began carefully. "I've touched Brian's ball."

"Lenore, what are you talking about?" Alex asked, rolling her eyes. "He's not Brian! If he was, that'd mean the other guys are here too."

"He is, and they are," Lenore replied. "Trust me."

"Hey fellas!" The guy called over to his friends. "Kev was right! They're fans!"

The other guys cautiously came over, not sure about how the girls were going to react.

"How big?" Nick questioned curiously.

"I'm guessing big," Brian answered.

Alex stared at the green-haired man with the sunglasses for a minute or so.

"A.J.!?!?" She managed finally.

He nodded slightly, smiling, as she gasped.

"Oh my God! Lenni!" Alex squealed.

Lenore heard her cousin, but didn't respond, as she was too busy gawking at her favourite Backstreet Boy, who still stood right before her eyes.

"Hey, Lenni," Alex piped up after a few moments of stunned silence. "I don't hear you laughing."

Lenore looked her her clearly puzzled, but then let out a small laugh as it dawned on her.

"Alex, I said that before I knew it was really them," she pointed out. "Besides, you're not all over A.J. yet."

Alex looked away, slightly embarrassed, as she blushed some.

"How'd you realize it was us?" Kevin interrogated.

"Brian cleared his throat," Lenore told him honestly. "Besides, he smiled at me when I gave him the ball."

"Leave it to Rok to give us away," A.J. laughed, thumping Brian on the back playfully.

"Wait...you recognized him when he cleared his throat?" Nick checked.

Lenore nodded. "Watched y'all once too many times, I guess."

The guys all laughed, as that statement seemed to be quite true.

"By the way, I'm Lenore and this is my cousin, Alex. I like Brian and she likes A.J."

"Well, that explains things some," Howie smiled. "And I'm sure you both know who we all are."

Lenore nodded, stifling a giggle.

"Nikki's gonna kill us," Alex stated suddenly. "Lissy too."

The Boys looked at the two girls before them, rather confused.

"Our sister's love Nick," Lenore explained. "They'd kill us for being this close to him - Nikki especially."

"We're not supposed to like Nick or Aaron," Alex added. "We even say they're hot, and they flip."

"I end up in headlocks," Lenore put in. "Trust me on that one. They're hard to get out of - especially when two of them are hanging off yah."

"Do you play basketball?" Nick asked suddenly.

"A little, "Alex responded. "Why?"

"Wanna play?" A.J. questioned.

"Hell yes!" Alex exclaimed, causing her older cousin to laugh some.

"Okay, warning y'all now, I'm afraid of the ball," Lenore informed them. "Whip it at my head or do a chest pass, and I'll kill you - literally - seconds before quitting."

"Glad to see y'all are treating us normal," Brian smiled. "We appreciate that."

"Why wouldn't you be treated normal?" Alex asked.

"They're celebrities, remember?" Lenore said. "What people forget though, is that they're just five normal guys who just happen to sing real good."

"Are you sure you're a huge fan?" A.J. questioned. "Because it doesn't seem like it at the moment."

"Hey!" Alex exclaimed. "Don't mess with someone who knows the answer to every trivia question!"

"Oh, really?" Nick said, looking rather skeptical. "Then what's the name of the Garage Band I was in when I was fourteen?"

"The Funky Chickens," Lenore answered. "Though, Brian guessed Backstreet Boys and Kevin said Krisy Kritters. You learn things when watching Rosie."

"You remember that episode?" Kevin said, slightly amazed.

"As well as pretty much everything said during the Backstreet Blitz," Lenore informed them proudly, though bragging slightly - but she couldn't help that, as she'd really nothing else to brag about. "Also, Brian was born on February 20th, 1975 at 1:37am in the St. Joseph's Hospital in Lexinginto, Kentucky to Harold and Jackie Littrell."

"Wow," came the shocked reply.

"I've proven my devotion," Lenore stated. "Now, ask Alex something - hopefully I've taught her well."

"Okay," A.J. said. "Who had knee surgery?"

"Kevin," Alex answered, "He also dislocated his shoulder snowboarding in Colorado in November 1999."

"Can we play now?" Brian whined playfully. "Can we? Please?"

"Yeah, can we?" Lenore and Nick said in unison. "I'm bored!"

Everyone laughed at the two, as they said the same things as one another for the next few moments.

"Did you plan that?" Howie wanted to know.

"Nope," Nick shrugged. "Just happened."

"Let's just say, two dimwits think alike, okay?" Lenore added.

"I thought it was, two great minds think alike?" A.J. chuckled.

"Not when Nick's involved," Lenore rejoined. "Right, Al?"

"Right," Alex giggled, as A.J. put his arm around her shoulders.

"Hey!" Nick exclaimed. "I resent that remark!"

"Don't you mean ,resemble, Frack?" Brian teased laughing, as Nick began to chase Lenore around the park.

"Help!" Lenore shrieked midst laughter. "He's going to kill me!"

"No he won't," Kevin piped up. "Because then he'd have to deal with me."

"And we all know Nick's afraid of Kevin," Alex stated matter-of-factly, before giggling like crazy once more.

"I'm not afraid of Kevin!" Nick shouted, stopping to eye them all. "Well, I'm not!"

Kevin eyed the younger man warily, smirking at the others when Nick suddenly took off after Lenore.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Nick called after her. "He just might kill me!"

Eventually, they all joined in on the chase, all laughing andh aving a good time.

Before the Boys left later that day, they gave the girls their cell numbers and addresses - as they'd had the girls swear to secrecy.They also gave the girls concert tickets for them and their sisters. Shortly after all that, they bid one another farewell, promising to meet up again at the concert.


To find out what happens next, be on the look out for Alex's First Concert. Hopefully, it'll be posted sometime in the near future.

Note: Part two is a separate story itself, so it shall be posted as a separate story, once I've gotten it typed up.