- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok...so I'm hoping this turns out to be a short story! Please let me know what you think...please!

I headed outside to the big city. I had only been in New York for a day...everything was so different from California. Especially the weather, why didn't anyone tell me it was freezing. I shivered, there was traffic everywhere and I was already running late half an hour. Finally a taxi pulled up in front of me and I hopped in.

"Broadway please"

The driver looked at me as if I had two heads, "Where on Broadway ma'am?"

Right? Shit I don't know…

I mean who goes to an interview and doesn't know where the hell they are going. Oh yeah me! "Just you know that big silver building um...3467 anywhere around there please"

I sighed with frustration a whole hour later he pulled over and let me out. I handed him a twenty and ran the rest of the way into the building. Just as I swung the door open my dress got caught in the door. Gently I tugged at it, but someone came pushing through making a big whole on the hem. I sighed and continued my way up the stairs into the office.

"Good Morning" I smiled at the dazed receptionist.

She didn't even look up at me. "Can I help you"

So much for friendliness!

"Yes I had an appointment at 9:00 with Felipe"

She smirked as she looked up at the clock, it now that read 11:00. "I don't think he will be able to see you anymore...one moment..." she got on the phone and began to ramble on with giggles here and there...was she calling him or calling a friend of hers.

"Excuse me ma'am it is late already..." I gave her a fake smile.

The woman hung up and glared at me, I backed up a little, feeling if I was any closer she would of bit me. "He can't see you...your to late sorry." She didn't even give me a chance to protest. She stood up and walked down the hall.

What a bitch!

My first interview and I had blown it. Could this day get any worse? As I stepped outside I tried flagging down another taxi and for the life of me, it was as if I was invisible. I looked down at my fullness and knew there was no way of missing me. Damn it!

Stubborn me decided, who needed a taxi anway. I took the plunge and started walking. Everything seemed to be so close together here, where I was headed couldn't be so far. Ten minutes into my walk, I decided the walking was a bad idea. Mom had bought me some new pumps...no, I didn't wear pumps, but she said they would surely get me the job. Yeah right.

She forgot to mention they also came with blisters.

Unwillingly I was beginning to limp. It was hurting like hell, so I bent over to check my feet. I hadn't fully bent over when a gust of wind blew past me and lifted up my dress, exposing all my goods. Which for some would be more than they wanted to see. I was mortified. 

It was already freezing, who needed wind to add to my torment. I swiftly placed my hands on my sides to keep it from doing it again. I shook my head in disbelief. Was this really happening to me? Yes, it was. So finally two lattes and a donut later I was sitting cozily in a taxi heading back to my hotel room. My fingers still defrosting along with my legs.

Memo to self, never wear a damn skirt to interviews…

I stepped out of the taxi and stretched a bit. The lovely ride was now two hours long, yes, two hours long. As I began down the street a spotted a pit-bull sitting on some stairs. I must say I thought twice about passing by it. Then again who would leave an angry dog just sitting outside? Plus, other people passed by and he did nothing to them...it was reassuraning.

My heart was beating pretty fast as I made my way across. I kept my eyes on the dog, as he did the same. I remembered that my dad had said dogs can smell your fear from a mile away and never run. So I tried to mask my fear by strutting acroos, of course I wasn't fooling him.   The close I got, the more he sat up and glared at me. When I finally reached the stairs he let out a stream of vicious barks and before I knew it he was right on my tail. I let out a yelp.

I felt him bite my ass…but luckily it was only my imagination. Fucking dog!