- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok...I'm doing this little by little almost done...hope you like.

The owner came flying out of the building, "Oh my god! I'm so sorry. He has never done that before."

Oh really so it was my fucking lucky day huh?

"Uh yeah...I'm sorry I upset him." Once I'd walked away I kicked myself internally for apologizing. I could see the hotel at the next light, but it felt miles away. My feet were throbbing, my stomach growling and my head was pounding. I was limping like an idiot, because I didn’t want to look cheap walking down the street without my shoes on. But I really should have, when I took another step I came to a stop. I looked down to see what was keeping me from continuing my path. My heel had wedged itself into a one of the holes in a vent.

You’ve got to be kidding me.

I pulled and tugged at my leg, I wasn’t really thinking to clearly cause I could of taken my foot out of my shoe and then pulled.

Another memo to self…never wear pumps in public…maybe never go out in public…again.

I bent down hoping wind wouldn't strike again. I went on all fours and tried prying my brand new shoe; on my last tug it flew out the pothole, out of my hands and across the street. Sighing deeply I realized this was it…the whip cream on a sundae, the cheese on nachos. Wait does that make sense…? I'm hungry now.

"Ma’am are you ok?” A guy came running across the street to help me. I was still bent over trying to pry my heel from the hole. “Here this must belong to you!” he handed me my shoe; which was now deformed. “Sorry I couldn’t save it from being ran over”

My shoe, it’s broken!

With a little help from the stranger I was able to get up. Then, with whatever dignity I had left, I thanked the stranger. It had been very nice of him to save a shoe that was no longer wearable. No one had been an inch of nice to me the whole day…

At last I had made to the hotel.

“Wow are you ok?” The manager asked me.

I’m fucking peachy.

“I’m fine thanks!” I said passing him by with out even looking up. I sighed with relief as I pushed the UP button, at last only a couple of floors away from unwinding. The day had already been too damn long and just plain wrong.

Finally I’ll have peace and quiet. I mean what else can happen to me in my room, well whatever it is only I will witness it. I’m going to go and sink in my tub, forget about this horrible day…

I smiled dumbly, the thought of this really bad day coming to an end was good. The elevator dinged, announcing it’s arrival. I took a step forward and before I knew it; I was kissing the ground.

“You freaking idiot seriously am I that transparent” I was fuming as I dusted myself off.

“Uh…wow are you ok?” A man asked. 

Ok? Am I ok? Hell…no…I was told to fuck off at my interview. My ass almost got chewed off by a dog. I broke my brand new shoes. I exposed my ass to New York and my feet have blisters…the size of…uh…I don’t know! NO. I’m not ok!

“No I’m not ok…could you have watched were you were going?” I was still angry and still trying to put myself back in place.  

“Actually it wasn’t me…it was this idiot!” The husky voiced guy seemed to muffle his laughter.

“Oh and this is funny to you…”

My lips were pursed and I was ready to glare whoever was laughing at me to death. I finally look up and my eyes looked into a pair of green eyes.

“I’m really sorry…it’s just that a mob of fans were about to kill us!”

Huh? What? No way this is not real…I’m dreaming.

I felt myself kiss the ground again.