- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know Brian's not the type of person to cheat, but the idea popped into my head! I wrote this back in 2001, my first attempt at first person narration, and also is written with Lance in Brian's place for Nsync fans since he and Brian are my faves. Please let me know how I've done! Reviews are most appriciated!
Despite all of your problems, you still loved him. Despite his ways of cheating on you, you still loved him. How you hated the way you always took him back after he cheated on you with another girl.

"Why can’t I stop loving him?" You wail to the almost empty room. The cat you named after him, stared at you with loving eyes. You continue to pack you’re bags, crying as you stuffed the gorgeous Versatile dress into the bag. The one he bought you for you’re first charity function. Grabbing the jewelry box that held the engagement ring, you wish you had found out what a liar he was before he proposed.

You sob as you think back to the last time he had cheated on you. He had brought the girl into the house you shared with him. He had slept with her on the bed you had so thoughtfully picked out for you and him to share all the dreams of you’re impending marriage. The same bed where you had conceived a child, and lost in the next month.

You dry you’re eyes in the almost empty bathroom. Staring at the reflection in the mirror, you wonder if you’ll ever get over him. The sad, broken look in you’re eyes makes you stand tall with determination. Despite his cheating, you will get on with you’re life, even if you can’t stop loving him.

Even if you never get over him, you will try to get on with you’re life. Grabbing you’re bags, you walk downstairs with a purpose. Grabbing the letter that sat on the table, you smile as you think of all the wonderful opportunities you’re going to have when you move back to Nebraska. Stopping at the small table in the foyer, you lovingly place the letter you had written to him on the table. He would surely find it when he came home from work.

You pet the cat one last time, thinking you’re going to miss him. You would take the cat with you, but it was his cat. He had found it outside one day when you had first moved into the house, and he had fallen in love with him. "Bye." You whisper to the cat, you’re eyes misting over once more. Standing up, you grab you’re bags once again, and head out to the car that he had bought for you after you had gotten engaged. You didn’t really want to keep the car, but you needed it to get to Nebraska.

You give one last glance to the house where you had thought that you would spend the rest of you’re life in, with him. Starting the car, you peel out of the driveway, and take off, leaving you’re old life, and him, behind.