- Text Size +
He walks into the house, and spots the box holding the engagement ring. The box is sitting on top of a hand written letter. He recognizes it as you’re handwriting and realizes that you are gone. Shakily he picks up the box and the letter, and humbly walks to the chair that you always sat in. His handsome face crumbles as he reads the letter that you so carefully and tearfully wrote.

His strong hands grip the letter, crushing the words he had read, tears falling from his ashen face, his heart broken. "Why?" He whispers to the empty house. "Why did you not say anything?" He wails in heartbreak and sorrow.

The tear streaked letter falls to the floor, forgotten as he buries his face into his hands, sobs racking his shoulders.

The cat he loves so much crawled onto the arm of the chair, crying with him, as if he knows the immense sorrow that his master feels.


His four best friends find out the next day that you are gone. They sympathize with you, instead of him, because he had cheated on you, and they felt that you were one of them. Only one of the 5 knows where you went. He had to know, only because you and he are related, and he was concerned that you would do something drastic.

Over the next few months, you try to get on with you’re life, living in the hometown you had despised for so long. It feels like home to you for once. Maybe it’s because he is never in that city, or it’s because it holds no trace of the life you once led.

You’re friends help you cope with you’re heartache, but you can never go back to dating. There may have been men before him, but there will never be another after him. After all, you had shared you’re dreams with him, and he had gained you’re complete and utter trust, something you had never given another man.

The months are hard for you, and for him. You watch the shows that he and his friends appear on. He looks heartbroken, and old. Even though he broke you’re heart, you still love him, after all this time.

When he is asked if he and you are still together, and are still getting married, he shakes his head, and acts as if he’s about to cry. He can’t say anything, for if he does, he will break down.