- Text Size +
You want to call him, to hear his sweet voice once again, but you can’t. He was a part of you’re life that was at first, the happiest time of your life, and the immense sorrow that you still feel. You can’t call him, because you know in you’re heart, you would forgive him again, and go back to the life you once had.

Hearing a knock on you’re door, you wonder who could be calling at this hour. Peeking through the hole in the door, you wonder what you’re cousin is doing there. "AJ?" You ask, opening the door.

"Barb, you have got to call him, or do something." AJ comes into the house, swiping at his buzzed hair.

"I can’t."

"Yes, you can. He’s going nuts without you." AJ tells you, desperation in his voice.

"Why should I? So I can tell him that I forgive him again and that I still love him and go back to what I thought was a relationship?" You growl in anger.

"He changed." AJ explains. "All those girls all that wasted time. He knows that he lost the best thing in the world, and he wishes he hadn’t done what he did."

"Aren’t you forgetting something?" You ask, anger in your voice. "The only reason he and I got together was because he was cheating on Danielle with me! He will never change!"

Tears now fall from you’re bloodshot eyes. The next thing you know, AJ’s strong arms were wrapped around you, holding you close to him.

"Shh." AJ whispers, rocking you back and forth.

"Why can’t I get over him?" You whimper. "Why did he even cheat on me in the first place?"

AJ holds you as you cry for everything you lost. His love, his friendship, the wholeness you felt every time his lips touched yours. It hurts to think of the fact that if he hadn’t cheated on his first girlfriend with you, he might have never cheated on you either.

"I can’t go back Jay. I can’t." You sob into his shoulder.

"Why not?" The familiar voice whispers in your ear.

Startled, you pull away from AJ, staring into the handsome face that haunts your dreams night after night. "What are you doing here?" You cry, anger and sorrow in you’re voice.

His deep green eyes, once full of life, look at you as if he hadn’t seen you in so long. "Barbara Ann, I begged AJ to bring me here. I can’t bear another second without you." He whispers tearfully.

"You cheated on me, plain and simple." You sob, trying to become angry at him. You think of the girls he had cheated on you with. It wasn’t working. All you can think about is kissing those luscious lips of his. "You brought one of those girls into our home! You slept with her in our bed!"

"I didn’t." He says, looking at you straight in the face. "She claimed she was a really good friend of yours, Baby girl. She wanted to wait for you in the house, when you came home from work." He looks down at his hands. "I didn’t want her to stay there, in case she was lying, and was a fan and took something, but I was paged by AJ to do some work in the studio."

"Oh my god." You whisper. Everything that girl had told you was a lie. Then the realization hits you. He still thinks of you as the most precious thing in the world to him.

AJ backs off, as if he’s ready to leave you and him alone, to work things out. But you’re not ready. You’re heart is still tender, and still broken. "I need time." You finally whisper to him.

"Time is what you will get." He whispers back, wanting to take you into his arms and hold you forever. "But don’t wait for forever."

And with that, he and AJ walk out of the house. They don’t wait for you’re goodbye, nor for the soft sighs as you try to calm down enough to think.

As soon as the car was gone from the driveway, you immediately call you’re best friend, the only other person from you’re old life who knows everything. "Jessie!" You whimper into the phone. "I was wrong!"

"Hold on girl. Calm down and tell me everything." Jessa Adams says, settling down in her own home, waiting with a box of tissues. She knows she will be crying right along side you once it is over.

In a halting voice, you tell her everything. From the moment you saw Britney in the bed, naked, to the declaration that he had made about Britney being a liar. Jessa helps you figure everything out.

In spite of everything, you still need to tell Justin that Britney was trying to cheat on him. It’s been months since you and Britney were friends, ever since that day you found her in the bed, naked.

As soon as you get off the phone with Jessa, you realize that you want to go back. To the life you used to have. Life wasn’t as fun now as it had been with him. You pick up the phone again, starting to dial his cell phone number out of memory. But before you can finish, you hang up.