- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Basically, everyone in the class had under-developed characters.... Well not me... But, meh. *shrugs*

We wrote down a list of three to five traits and passed it to our neighbor...
Overly sensitive, quiet, shy, analytical

(think they threw the last one in there for a twist?)

She hid her arms beneath long, blue sweatshirt sleeves, cloaking her fingers beneath the frayed edges. She held her hidden hand to her mouth, muffling her voice. "Why can't you come with me?" It was a faint whisper.

"I have things to do," he answered monotonously.

"What are 'things'? Is he seeing another girl? I bet that's it, he's seeing another girl. Or his sister was sick lately, maybe she's in the hospital. Oh my God, what if she's in the hospital? Does he have too much homework? What if his grades are slipping? Should I offer to be his study buddy? Did he have tryouts today? I know he said he had tryouts some time this week, were they today? Did I really forget? I'd feel horrible if I blatantly forgot..." she gave herself a mental slap as her thoughts over ran her head, causing her to pale.

She lowered her eyelashes slightly as she clenched her fist tighter, muffling her voice once more, "Is it... something I can help with?"

"No."

Tears formed at the corners of her eyes as she sniffed, trying to keep herself from sobbing uncontrollably.

(tell me again how I can't develop characters, sensei?)