- Text Size +
“So Nicky, give me a call after you get settled, okay?” Brian asked as he shoved the last of his gear into his carryon bag.

“Sure thing Bri and thanks for not biting my head off, god knows I deserved it these past few weeks.”

“Don’t worry buddy, all’s forgotten,” Brian assured as he patted Nick on the back when he walked by.

Since the only gear Nick had to pack up was already packed on his bus, he started heading out to get a quick change of street clothes before he caught his flight home. Howie had left thirty minutes ago to do a charity thing and Kevin had already said his goodbyes and apologies were exchanged.

“Devon? You around?” Nick called out.

No answer came. “Oh just great,” Nick mumbled as he shoved his hands in his pockets. “Guess I walk on my own”

As he trudged towards the back door, he kept looking to his right and his left. As he put a hand on the door knob, someone screamed from behind him.

“EEEEEYAAAOOOW!!”

Nick turned to see AJ doubled over in laughter. “God Carter, you look like you just shit your pants!”

“What the hell AJ, you want to give me a heart attack or something?”

“Just chill, god I’m sorry. Let’s walk out together, there’s strength in numbers,” AJ suggested.

“Think they’ll be any teenie’s hanging around?”

“One could only wish,” AJ replied with a grin.

“Oh god, that is just sick and wrong,” Nick stated as he cautiously pushed the door open. “SHIT....RUN FOR IT!”

Both men sprinted towards Nick’s bus and literally dove in when the driver luckily saw them running and pulled the door open at an opportune moment.

“Shit, I can’t believe we’re terrified of a group of screaming girls,” AJ panted pulling his pack of cigarettes out of his front shirt pocket.

“Well, unless Neil here wants to drive us to the airport, I think we’re stuck until the parking lot clears.”

“No problem Nick, I’ll get you two there, just sit back and I’ll let you know when we get there,” the driver replied with a cheerful tone.

“Nick, I want to apologise for all the nasty and mean things I did these past few months on the road. I guess it was getting to me and I wasn’t being very nice to you. God knows you didn’t deserve to cut your hand.”

“Thanks AJ, but I’ve been a dick myself so I guess we’re considered even now, okay? No harm done.”

“Looks like this is our stop,” Nick commented as the bus made a sharp turn, indicating that they were pulling into a parking lot.

“You take care kid, and I’ll see you in six, okay?” AJ asked as he pulled his friend into a hug.

“You too AJ, and thanks for putting up with me.”

“Well it’s the least me and your fans can do, right?” AJ replied with a wink.

Nick’s only reply was an obvious fake smile and his middle finger waving proudly in the air.

AJ smiled, “Back at cha.”

The End