- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a novel i'm working on. It's different than what i have written on here but i thought i'd put an Nick one on here to see how it goes. but the one i have here will be different in some parts. i'd love to hear what you's all think.
As the sun hit the land, the birds awoke fluttering the feathers to rid themselves of the remaining raindrops from an October rain shower which has sprinkled the surrounding woods, hills and meadows. Hannah stood on her wrap-around veranda sipping in her freshly made coffee taking in the peaceful nature which she had fallen in love with, when she brought he beloved home two years ago. Her legs were aching to begin her morning ran through the hillsides and woods that sat on her land, she started to drink faster knowing when she got back she'll have a clear mind to sit down and take another shot at her novel. The novel she has started two and a half years ago, but also the same novel that has had her stumped with writer's block for the past eighteen months.

She shook her head and drank the last of her morning coffee before sitting her mug on the round white outdoor setting table by her back door and started out in a mid pace jog. Hannah has always loved to start her days with an early jog since her teenage years finding that it stretched her muscles, warmed her body and cleared her head for the day ahead. Life has been good for Hannah these past two years even if it had taken her ranning to the small town of Greenville, which she had laughed about when she had drove past the WELCOME TO GREENVILLE: POPULATION 142 sign that sat between the roadside and an Green filled meadow.

Hannah was broken out of her thoughts when she saw a bit of gold shine from between green and brown trees and bushes, she stopped and noticed she had been jogging along the main road looking around she figured she must be about ten minutes from her house. Wiping the sweat that had formed on her forehead with the back of her hand she stepped up to the edge of the hill she made out what looked to her like the trunk of a car. She slipped down the short distance to the car climbing around it she made her way to the driver's side door.

She gasped when she saw the image of a man stopping for a moment to take in his blonde hair which was clotted on the side of his head with blood, by the way he was slumped over she could tell he was tall maybe six foot or more. Getting her sence back she tried to door which creaked an inch but wouldn't move any further.

"Sir! can you hear me?" she banged on the window until the fear that if he wasn't dead she was waisting and he could soon be if she didn't do something quick, looking around she picked up a rock that was sitting by her foot and smashed it against the window. She winced at the sound and sight of glass falling over the slumped body. She froze for a moment wondering what she was going to do next, there was no way she could pull the body out of the car and she felt tears prick at the back of her eyes.

"Sir! sir!" She shook the males shoulder until it hit her that he could of damaged his neck or back dueing the fall down, rubbing at her eyes she felt panic ran through her body. Just as she went to turn she saw a slight movement of the man's shoulder then a groan came from the car.

"Thankgod." breathed from her mouth as she kneeled down beside the car.

"Sir! are you badly hurt? can you move?" another groan came from the man and he turned his head looking at her through glazed filled blue eyes, breathing easier now that she had seen him move Hannah toke a step back from the car.

"I'll ran back home and call some help, just sit tight" why she didn't think of doing that in the first place was beyond her; through all the panic she didn't want to leave him alone incase...... incase what? he got up and disappeared with his car and left her thinking she was going crazy, in case he died while she was gone leaving her with thoughts of things she could of done to save him.

"No i can move. i just want to get out of this car." Hannah looked at him and bit her bottom lip.

"The door wont open it's stuck. the only way you can get out is by the window."

"I think i can climb out." he didn't even finish the sentence before he started pulling himself through the broken window. Hannah stepped forward to help him but stopped when he grunted.

"Maybe you shouldn't." if he could walk now she didn't want him damaging himself more and end up immobile. Hannah knew that she wouldn't beable to lift him let alone carry him to her place, and quite frankly she didn't want to try either. Her words fell on deaf ears as he pulled himself onto the ground letting his legs drop behind him. Watching him catch his breath Hannah learned against a tree behind her.

"Who are you?" as soon as the words pasted her lips she felt bad for voicing them, the poor guy had just climbed out of a smashed up car and instead of asking if he was alright, she blurted out 'who are you'

"Nick." he sounded unsure almost confused. "I know my name is Nick. But i don't know my last name." he run a hand over his face and looked up at Hannah.

"That's all i can remember."