- Text Size +
Nick leaned half his weight on Hannah as he tried to fight the fog from his mind. How had he ended up here? Where is he from? Who is he? after he had admitted to himself and Hannah that he had forgotten everything but his first name, he had fumbled into his pockets for an wallet or anything that could shine some light on who he was. Finding nothing he stumbled over to his car looking though the windows, seeing the car empty he grabbed the keys from the ignition and popped the trunk open which was bare.

Now he could make out Hannah's home a two story white weather-board house with red trimmings it's wrapped-around veranda shined as the warm rays of sunlight hit the wood making Nick want to lay on it and soak up the warmth.

Nothing was said as Hannah lead him up the back stairs and into the house, she helped him into a chair as Nick took in the kitchen he was now facing. There's an black marble counter top that separated the kitchen from the dinning room, it wrapped around the kitchen into the shape of an half square with an double sink halfway. It's cut off by a stove at the other end with a fridge two feet from the stove. Above the sink is an window with pale blue curtains that looks good with the white walls and pale blue floor tiles.

"I'm just going to grab the first aid kit." Nick nodded and watched Hannah walk through the arch that lead to an hallway, on the other side sat some stairs has Hannah climbed them Nick counted each step her foot landed on, one... two... three... four... five... six... seven... eight... nine... ten... and she disappeared. He could his right side ache just from thinking about climbing them.

His eyes wandered to an wooden plaque which sat on the wall by the stairs, he chuckled as his eyes ran over the printed words 'I'm going to live forever. Heaven wont accept me. And hell's afraid i'll over.' on the top right hand corner there's a picture of an cloud with sun rays shining through and on the bottom left corner are red and orange flames. He shook his head and made an mental note to ask where she had gotten it from.

"Alright i'm no nurse but i think i can clean up your head fine before we call the police." Hannah said as she bounced down the stairs with an box in one hand and an bowl in the other.

"I don't want to ring them." it came out before Nick even knew he was saying it. He didn't know why but something inside was telling him it would be an bad idea. Hannah's pace slowed down as she made her way to him.

"We need to tell someone. You can't remember anybody to ring and you need to go to the hospital to be looked over. We also have to inform the police about your car. she sat the box and bowl on the kitchen counter and sat down in front of him.

"I know. But something is telling me it'd be an bad idea to go to the police. And as far as the hospital visit goes my minds screaming no, plus i don't think anythings broken i'll most likely have some pretty bruises for a couple of weeks." Hannah rung out the face washer and started to was the blood from his face.

"Well... you can stay here for a couple of days and see if you remember anything." the statement shocked Hannah as much as it shocked Nick, if she hadn't of heard her own voice she would of thought someone else had said it.

"But you know nothing about me. Except my name is Nick and i'm a bad driver." Nick winced when Hannah bumped an bruise on the side of his head.

"At the moment that's all you know about yourself too." Hannah signed and sat back throwing the bloodstained face washer in the bowl. "Why don't you have an shower then i'll beable to get a better look at your head." Nick nodded and said a soft thankyou as he stood up and followed Hannah through the arch, when he came to the stairs that he was hoping he'd never had to climb he groaned silently to himself and grabbed the side rail. He was grateful when he felt Hannah swing his other arm around her shoulders.

"Take them as slow as you want. There's no rush." this isn't the first time his had he's arm around this beautiful woman within the last couple of hours. But he was more awear of it this time feeling her body against his. He could feel parts of his body awaken that he wanted to stay asleep at lest until he was saftly locked in a room alone. Silently cussing to himself as well as willing his friend down before he was spotted. The last thing he wanted was to have the woman who saved him and was kind enough to give him somewhere to stay, think that he was going to try and jump her bones as soon as her guard was down.As his foot hit step eight he wondered if she was married, glancing down he groaned when he didn't see her left hand.

"It's alright only one more step." Hannah had heard him groan and mistaken it as a groan of pain, Nick was happy to let her think that was all it was as long as she didn't look down.

"There you go you made it. You doing alright?" Nick nodded not trusting his voice, he felt sweat covering his face and wondered for a moment if it was from the pain he was now feeling in his side or from been unfit. The stairs stop at the foot of an hallway which has two doors on each side of the teal colored walls all which were closed, Hannah lead him to the end white door on the right side of the hall.

They walked into an peach colored bathroom, an towel rail with two orange towels on it ran from the door to an white sink that has an cupboard under it an a mirror above. On the opposite of the room across from the sink is a white bathtub with an shower nozzle above, it's peach colored shower curtain push up against the wall. An floor to ceiling cupboard stood at the end of the bathtub. Nick leaned against the wall as he watched Hannah turn on the shower.

"I think i might have some of my cousin's clothes here that might fit you. He's always leaving something behind." Nick's eyes went to her left hand again. No ring.

"Thanks." Hannah turned around and nodded before the left and closed the door behind her.