- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry its taking long!
Chapter One

"Mama! I do not want to wear that dress!"

Kelly stood facing Samantha with her hands on her hips.

"Samantha you have to wear this dress we're going out to a nice dinner."

Sam made a face.

"I bet aunt Grace isn't gonna make Ray wear a dress."

"Well what Grace decides to do with her daughter is her choice."

Samantha sighed dramatically.

"I have a problem mom."

"Oh yeah? What?"

"I have cancer." Samantha said pitifully.

Kelly raised her eyebrow. Sam lifted her top to show her mom her developing breasts.

"See, tumors are growing on my chest." She said solemnly.

Kelly laughed.

"Samantha those are breasts!"

Sam's face turned red.

"Well, I'd rather have cancer." Muttered.

Samantha grumbled as she tugged the dress on over hear head.

"Ew mama! I look like a Barbie! I look like you!"

Kelly rolled her eyes at her daughters drama.

"Come on, Sam, we have to get going, we're stopping by Brian's house first."

Sam perked up a bit. Lately she had noticed that Brian had been getting a little cute, unfortunately he had been more interested in Ray. Sam sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam walked into Brian's room where he was playing a video game.

"Hey dork." She greeted.

He looked up.

"Whoa, what happened to you?" He snickered.

Sam frowned annoyed.

"Nothing HAPPENED to me except my MOTHER!"

He coughed hard trying not to laugh.

"Don't you dare laugh. I swear I'll beat you up if you do." Sam said her face turning red.

Brian coughed again trying his hardest not to laugh but finally he couldn't help it anymore. He burst out laughing loudly and hard.

Sam's eyes narrowed as she lunged at him knocking him off the bed. She sat on his chest pinning him down.

"I WARNED YOU NOT TO LAUGH OR I'D BEAT YOU UP DIDN'T I? I DID I SAID THAT IF YOU LAUGHED AT ME THAT I SWORE TO BEAT YOU UP! YES I DID AND NOW I'M GONNA KICK YOUR SCRAWNY LITTLE ASS!"

"SAMANTHA ANNE DOROUGH WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING?!"

Sam looked up in mid punch and groaned seeing her mother.

"Samantha you do not hit people and you are ruining your dress!" Kelly said grabbing her daughter by the arm dragging her off of the trembling Brian/

"He started it mama, he was laughing at me." Sam pouted.

Kelly shook her head.

"Come on you guys, it's time to go."

Sam stuck her nose in the air smoothing out her dress, then stormed out with her hair sticking up.

Brian giggled a bit following but stopped as Sam shot him a dirty look. He flashed her a crooked smile which made her heart beat faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ray looked around wondering where the others were. The she smiled hearing Kelly call out to her mom. Her jaw dropped as she turned and saw Samantha storming over wearing a dress. One look however and Ray knew that she should not utter a word.

"What happened to you?" Ray asked Brian who had a bruise on his cheek.

Brian glanced over at Sam who was shooting both of them murderous looks.

Ray shook her head.

"Sam, it's not that bad."

Sam rolled her eyes and followed the adults into the restaurant.

Ray shrugged at Brian as they followed also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Through out dinner Sam sat solemnly as across from her Brian and Ray giggled. She felt hurt, why couldn't Brian ever look at her like he looked at Ray?

Kelly nudged her.

"Don't slouch." She whispered.

Sam sighed and straightened up her eyes meeting Brian's. He gave her a wink. Sam felt herself relax a bit and began to enjoy the evening.