- Text Size +
Howie remained there, standing by Brian’s ajar door. He had heard the whole conversation, and when they stopped talking, Howie glanced in and seen Brian sitting there, holding his head in his hands, crying. Howie turned away and walked back into Kevin’s room, seeing AJ lying on Kevin’s bed, flicking through channels, and Kevin sitting on the chair near the balcony, watching as AJ surfed through the channels.

“Is he okay?” Kevin asked, looking up at Howie and watching him as he sat down on the bed next to AJ.

Howie shook his head and sighed. “It was the thought of Nick that was bothering him… he called him, and from the way he just sat on the bed and cried, I’m taking it the conversation didn’t go that well.”

AJ decided to leave the channel on MTV, and he placed the remote down on the bed. “Dude, this whole… Nick situation is affecting him more than I thought, why is that?”

“Brian and Nick were the best of friends, and now…” Kevin paused, trying to think of the right words to say. “Well, things are changing now because of the accident.”

AJ rolled his eyes, “I don’t know why Nick is mad at Brian anyway… if you ask me, the only person he should be mad at is that bastard that ran us off the road and tried to kill us…”

Howie froze at what AJ said. “You don’t think… that guy would try to go after Nick, especially now because he isn’t with us, right?”

Kevin shrugged, “I’m not sure… I wouldn’t think so because he’s with his family, and all our families are being guarded as well.”

“But what happens if he goes somewhere… without his family?”

“Then Vince would follow him wherever he goes.”

“But Kevin, you know Nick… he knows how to get away from his bodyguard… he’s done it before, who’s to say he won’t try to do it now.”

Howie was making a good point, but Kevin shook his head. “What reason would he have to try and get away from his family… his bodyguard? He knows well enough that the killer’s still out there, I wouldn’t think he’d try and go somewhere by himself knowing that.”

“But that’s the thing… he’s not thinking clearly right now because of all that is happening. He is so mad at us and Aaron’s death, I think he’s forgotten that our killer is still out there.”

Kevin fell silent for a while, thinking over what Howie had said. Nick was always known for running of somewhere whenever he was mad or needed time alone, and he was good at escaping from his bodyguard as well as everyone else. “Then what do you suppose we do? Call him and tell him that he needs to come back here and stay with all of us at the hotel? I don’t think that’ll go over so well.”

Howie shrugged, “I don’t know, but we got to do something. For all we know, this guy could be watching our every move, and what if he knows that Nick is not with us? He would use that as the perfect opportunity to strike at Nick, when he’s alone and vulnerable.”

AJ shook his head, “He wouldn’t strike so soon, would he? I mean, if he knows that we’re all out of the hospital and are being heavily guarded, I really don’t think he’d try anything right now… if anything, I think he’s gonna wait, until this hype dies down.”

“If anything,” Kevin began. “I think the only person we have to worry about right now if Brian… Nick’s with his family, he’ll be fine… we all know Brian’s trying to fight this alone, by himself. I think he’s the person that’ll be more susceptible to leaving off somewhere by himself.”

“Well, what do we do?” Howie asked.

“I’ll call Johnny and tell him to heighten the security team for Nick, as for us, I want someone to be with Brian at all times, or at least keep an eye on him. I do not neither of us to go off somewhere by ourselves, and if we do, make sure you tell someone and bring a security guard with you wherever you decide to go. Do we have an understanding?”

Both Howie and AJ nodded.